Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I can see, the Saints can't go in for both Josh Bruce and Delaney.
If Delaney goes, I'd want Josh Bruce. Saints can give Dal Santo to GWS if he's prepared to go and get the deal done.

As far as I can see, the Saints can't go in for both Josh Bruce and Delaney.
If Delaney goes, I'd want Josh Bruce. Saints can give Dal Santo to GWS if he's prepared to go and get the deal done.
Can I ask why you think that?

NDS and his $600,000 per year salary to North; FA comp pick from the AFL to the Saints;

Delaney to Saints for their 3rd round pick to North

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...nt/story-fn69a32t-1226730226682#ixzz2gQ3CHBq1

NORTH Melbourne believes it is closing in on securing St Kilda midfielder Nick Dal Santo, and has not given up hope on Carlton free agent Eddie Betts.
The Kangaroos think they are well in front of Essendon in their bid to secure Dal Santo.
And they could get him for nothing if the Saint revoked his right to a final year on a contract that has a trigger clause and became a free agent.
With Dal Santo on a hefty wage, the Saints could then be given a first-round pick as compensation.
That would be higher than the pick North would offer for Dal Santo, who turns 30 in February.

They could throw up Mcevoy or Montagna in addition to dal santo

Perhaps your robbing Peter to pay Paul though. I don't know the saints list inside out.
I would think Mcevoy and montagna are required players though
They are, but the reason Saints fans are keen on Bruce and Delaney because they're big backs which we need and not outrageously expensive. I can see no reason why we can't land both, certainly Montagna and McEvoy wouldn't be needed for either trade.

We'll aim to part with our 3rd rounder for Bruce, we've got a good trading relationship with Western Sydney which both clubs are probably happy to keep going. If Dal does decide to go to you guys Delaney will almost certainly be a part of that trade with something extra coming back to us.

If we are forced to choose between them I'd wager we'd choose Bruce.

They are, but the reason Saints fans are keen on Bruce and Delaney because they're big backs which we need and not outrageously expensive. I can see no reason why we can't land both, certainly Montagna and McEvoy wouldn't be needed for either trade.

We'll aim to part with our 3rd rounder for Bruce, we've got a good trading relationship with Western Sydney which both clubs are probably happy to keep going. If Dal does decide to go to you guys Delaney will almost certainly be a part of that trade with something extra coming back to us.

If we are forced to choose between them I'd wager we'd choose Bruce.

I agree Bruce is the better player. If you get him for a 3rd rounder that is a great deal. But you do have leverage as he wants out at the Giants.

I think Dal Santo will trigger the free agency clause in his contract if he comes to north. So you could get a 1st rounder, which is even better for you. But it doesn't resolve the Delaney question.

Let Saints get Bruce, I don't want us dealing with the delusional Suns, they will probably ask for 2 first round picks like they did for Caddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't begrudge players who tried their best but were outside our best 22 for wanting out so they can try their luck somewhere else. David Hale, couldn't and still wouldn't be in our best 22 but he got himself a premiership so good on him. Same for Luke Delaney. He wants to play AFL for anyone, not VFL for the affiliate of a good AFL team. Good luck to him ....but better luck to whoever we get for him!

Yeah third rounder more likely

is it enough? I doubt we will use our fourth pick, so it is just an upgrade from 43 to 37, maybe we can package 37 and 43 and get a 33 or 34 off someone? It just doesn't excite me unless we are saying we got NDS as a FA so we take 37 and smile on the way out the door.

it is a real nothing deal considering how much demand Delaney is reported to be in. I think an upgrade of 2nd and 3rd rounders would have me very happy, we can throw our fourth rounder in as a sweetener.;) and even our 5th rounder.;)

is it enough? I doubt we will use our fourth pick, so it is just an upgrade from 43 to 37, maybe we can package 37 and 43 and get a 33 or 34 off someone? It just doesn't excite me unless we are saying we got NDS as a FA so we take 37 and smile on the way out the door.

I think you've unearthed a cunning plan without realising. We should hire those two dudes from the Barter Kings show on Foxtel to trade up to number 1. It's too easy.

I think you've unearthed a cunning plan without realising. We should hire those two dudes from the Barter Kings show on Foxtel to trade up to number 1. It's too easy.

not a crazy as one would think, if you pop over to the saints board (I know, dirty thought) some bloke there thought they could swap 26 and 37 for Geelong's first rounder:p so who knows that bloke could have been Pelchin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back