Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

25 from the AFL + Del for Dal (ignore 77 cause we wont use it) is pretty good.

Just really annoyed that shithead Pelican was pushing for the Delaney trade to be separate from the Dal Santo dealings, when it obviously hasn't been that way.

I think we could have done better here, weren't there 3 clubs making enquiries about him?

I thought a 3rd round pick was about right.

Thats a crap deal for us. Pick 77 for a 24 year old good sized defender, he's worth a lot more than that.

Why aren't we looking at drafting Mitch Thorp. The guys got obvious talent being drafted at no.6 by the Hawks in 2006 and then delisted after the 2009 season because of injury basically. Captains and coaches South Launceston to a premiership this year kicking 60 odd goals and averaging over 20 disposals. Turns 25 in December and still has a lot of good football in front of him. He's 194cm and 86kg a very similar size to Blacky.

I think he had his first baby this year too. The guys turned it all around and really got his life back on track and is itching for a 2nd chance. We need another key forward to help Drewy and fill the void for when Drewy retires.

I think we could have done better here, weren't there 3 clubs making enquiries about him?

While there was a bit of a beat-up about the whole situation between supporters about Dal-Del I'd like to think the trades were worked out quietly, not in the public eye and done with little fuss.

Both players reached their desired destinations, both teams were adequately compensated, both teams seem pretty happy.

Take good care of Dal, I'm sure we'll take great care of Del. And hopefully both of them can end their careers with premiership medals ;)

I really had hoped that our football department had done enough over the last month (getting NDS, Walsh, Ling, Tudor, etc - resigning Black, Linds, Cunners etc etc) for all posters to accept that they know what they're doing and are bloody good at it. Alas, with a sigh, I see that the inevitable "we could have done better" posts still flow.

GD et al, this sort of thinking is utterly irrelevant.

Why? Because we simply wouldn't have got NDS as a free agent without this quid pro quo.

GD et al, this sort of thinking is utterly irrelevant.

Why? Because we simply wouldn't have got NDS as a free agent without this quid pro quo.

tumblr_mjsckrYjjY1rjjllho1_500.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Luke at St. Kilda. I think he'll have a solid career.

Just reading through the trade thread I can't believe the negativity on this. It was obviously tied to the Dal Santo deal, but I'm not sure we would have done much better if it wasn't. Luke was out of contract and contrary to popular belief did nominate St. Kilda and St. Kilda only.

Hale once kicked 8 goals... umm, do I need to rethink this one?! :confused:

Hale has been in Hawthorns best 3 in 2 prelims and 1 GF.

We should have got Roughy and Buddy in that trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did we have to put some clean air between the free agent deal for Nicky and the independent negotiation for Keys?

Just in case Dr Ken I've Got Wood from the AFL decides to investigate whether the Aints have been compensated twice.

McDonald for pick 8. TICK

NDS for Free. BIG TICK

Dayle Garlett. Make it happen.

Got two legs of my trifecta in, just waiting for the third.

Come one, those first two legs is like backing Black Caviar and Atlantic Jewel in the first two legs of a quaddie. Let's see how you go with the third leg that has a 20 horse field with the favourite and 10-1. Good luck.

Don't ask about the fourth leg.

Come one, those first two legs is like backing Black Caviar and Atlantic Jewel in the first two legs of a quaddie. Let's see how you go with the third leg that has a 20 horse field with the favourite and 10-1. Good luck.

Don't ask about the fourth leg.

Something, something Eric Wallce.

we will be, if anyone in position of power thinks it could be a form of draft tampering, thankfully I am not in any position of power.;)

it would have looked a lot better and been of little concern to either club if we had of swapped fourth rounders.

Makes sense to me Rooboy 96. Keys was no star but he was no gimp either. And you don't get much for pick 77.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back