Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Come one, those first two legs is like backing Black Caviar and Atlantic Jewel in the first two legs of a quaddie. Let's see how you go with the third leg that has a 20 horse field with the favourite and 10-1. Good luck.

Don't ask about the fourth leg.

LOL, except Atlantic Jewel is a cripple.

Neg nancies..... NSIS??

Delaney for chips was always going to be part of the agreement to let NDS come to us as a FA. Stitching up the Saints after he was handed over ain't 1 bit kosher & would be terrible business behaviour.

Lost: Delaney
Won: NDS + pick 77

Seriously.

Anyway good luck Keys, hope you make a good fist of it.

Neg nancies..... NSIS??

Delaney for chips was always going to be part of the agreement to let NDS come to us as a FA. Stitching up the Saints after he was handed over ain't 1 bit kosher & would be terrible business behaviour.

Lost: Delaney
Won: NDS + pick 77

Seriously.

Anyway good luck Keys, hope you make a good fist of it.

FA means FA clubs should not be trading or enticing a deal to happen that allows a club to profit from FA, to say what you said above can only be looked upon as draft tampering.:(

GD et al, this sort of thinking is utterly irrelevant.

Why? Because we simply wouldn't have got NDS as a free agent without this quid pro quo.

Don't agree and don't like quid pro quos, straight dealings are more honest. NDS a free agent.

A 3rd rounder for a ready-to-go KPP with market currency and best performed defender in the VFL was not too much to ask, why the vitriol?

Pick 77 is a nothing pick.

Don't agree and don't like quid pro quos, straight dealings are more honest. NDS a free agent.

A 3rd rounder for a ready-to-go KPP with market currency and best performed defender in the VFL was not too much to ask, why the vitriol?

Pick 77 is a nothing pick.
No vitriol at all. Not sure where you get that from. o_O

I agree it's a nothing pick and if it wasn't connected with the NDS transfer it wouldn't have happened. Now, disagree all you like with the approach, but I'm pretty sure that's what occurred.

No vitriol at all. Not sure where you get that from. o_O

I agree it's a nothing pick and if it wasn't connected with the NDS transfer it wouldn't have happened. Now, disagree all you like with the approach, but I'm pretty sure that's what occurred.

Agree with your agreeals.

Spose I'm just find it hard to lose players with potential, he reminded me of an old No. 4 from the late 80s and 90s!

Best of luck to Keys. Will watch him like Edwards, Hamish, etc, hoping he does well, but not too well, against every team but us.

What have we done, releasing Delaney?

Delaney the Saints' ace in the pack

"FORMER North Melbourne defender Luke Delaney has the potential to make the biggest impact of St Kilda's new recruits in 2014, says Adam Schneider."

I suppose it's all about how good the pack is, eh?

What have we done, releasing Delaney?

Delaney the Saints' ace in the pack

"FORMER North Melbourne defender Luke Delaney has the potential to make the biggest impact of St Kilda's new recruits in 2014, says Adam Schneider."

I suppose it's all about how good the pack is, eh?
Clearly not that great!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Lee was traded for pick 12......I think I'd prefer Andy Lee.
I wrote this up in the ladder prediction thread:

17th St Kilda – Ross Lyon saw the writing on the wall and got as far away from this ship wreck as possible. 2010 must seem like a life time ago. It is hard to believe they played finals in 2011. Goodard and now NDS have moved on and Roo, Montagna and Hayes are heading towards the end of their careers. Really like Jack Stevens and Armitage tries hard – but the midfield is weak, the back line short and the forward line terrible apart from Riewoldt. Big holes that will take a while to dig themselves out of. Not sure even Plugger35 can continue to blame the umpires for the losses they will racked up in 2014.

I think there back line will be a whole lot better this year. But its going to need to be. They have good flankers but they are forced to play tall now they should go back to there normal spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #15: Luke Delaney - selected with #25 in '08 RD - traded to St Kilda for #77 in 2013 TW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back