Player Watch #17: Riley 'Stiffy' Hardeman - made his debut v Adelaide in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

On what I have heard of Riley so far, I absolutely love. He is so genuine. Clubs need characters like him.

A genuine leader too - he's the sort of guy that beats out more fancied options to eventually captain the club.

“I’m studying a Bachelor of Biomedical Science degree with a major in forensics,” Hardeman said.

Obviously didn't get a high enough ATAR to do medicine or dentistry.

Delist.
Weird. Same course as Curtis Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne - Riley Hardeman - Swan Districts - 188cm & 80kg.

Composed intercepting defender who has good balance between attack and defence. His speed, positioning and long limbs allow him to impact defensively on a consistent basis. Hardeman is also a natural interceptor, he is a strong mark for his size and reads the play exceptionally well, combine that with a solid leap and you have all the hall marks of an elite intercept mark at AFL level. Athletically, he is a fantastic runner and covers the ground with ease, and he has an extra turn of foot too. It isn't game breaking pace, but it is enough that allows him to link up and be involved in possession chains. His composure imo is a real stand out feature in his game, he never looks rushed and often thinks his way through situations that allows his teammates to retain the ball up the ground. His disposal overall is very good. He has a nice left foot and he often kicks long while looking to take the game on. His short kicking is very solid. The only criticism I have here is that he can be a little bit one sided, and can sell himself into trouble trying to get onto his left side. One thing that isn't mentioned all that often is his leadership credentials, he has been in leadership groups all the way through juniors and captained the WA side this year. Over the course of the year he played at senior level in the WAFL (1 game), colts level, and was a mainstay in the WA side in the championships. His consistency at championship level earned him All Australian Under 18's honours.

Hardeman - He just does everything well and it's hard to find a weak point in his game. He moves well, has a very good left foot with great penetration, locks down well, can intercept and rebound using run and carry. We've been crying out for quality rebounding defenders and with Goater, Bergman and Hardeman, I think we finally have something for the future in that regard.

And an excellent kick, most importantly... He should release Sheez in time

Gents, just as a comparison between 2 fairly similar players that you were all a fan of, what does Hardeman have over Angus Hastie, and vice-versa?

All these kids..."wow, I get to play under Clarko..."

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yeah it sure beats having Noble welcoming new draftees especially after another bottom 2 finish. At least we can now sell some hope

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a nice guy though by the looks

Shouldn't we delist him?

He's got the same cockeyed enthusiasm and likability of one Chuck Lazzaro.

“I’m studying a Bachelor of Biomedical Science degree with a major in forensics,” Hardeman said.

Obviously didn't get a high enough ATAR to do medicine or dentistry.

Delist.
Hired someone who can finally understand Bailey?

I like this kid already. Sounds very genuine and a nice kid.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him play very early on in the season and cement himself in the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back