Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

Immensely proud of Sammy last night (and over the past few months)

Cometh the moment, cometh the man!

Really well done Sam, you're a treasure.

Last edited:

Wright has been very good since the second half of the season. Just very happy for him that he played a cracker in a final. With a lot of our players like Cunnington, Wright, Harper, etc the difference between performing and not is all self-belief, above the shoulders. They have the ability, they just need to believe it.

He had/has the talent, he and the coaching staff just needed to settle on if he played back or forward and stick with it. Obviously being consistently apart of the back line over the past 2 or so months has paid out massively in our favour :D Top work Sammy!

Nope, just watched the first half and no brain farts.
He was awesome in the first, Jacbos and Firrito were only ones with minor brain farts and bad hearing/loud crowd (still peeved about that fifty).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a fan for a number of years, always knew he had it in him. He's sorted out his injury troubles and settled in a position and now we are bearing the fruits.

Admit I almost gave up on him after the first cats game this year.

Nothing better than a promising north youth developing into a great player!!!!!!

Thanks to Jack I have a jumper with 19 on the back. Today I'll wear it with absolute ******* pride. On ya Sammy.

Spitta2azza's boy!!!!!

Next time I see him I'll tell him that BigFooty approves of his game. ;)

He was awesome in the first, Jacbos and Firrito were only ones with minor brain farts and bad hearing/loud crowd (still peeved about that fifty).

Nah Grima had moments.

We went too defensive. Insted of going to the free players in the middle he waits and goes wide and we get scored against.

Been a fan for a number of years, always knew he had it in him. He's sorted out his injury troubles and settled in a position and now we are bearing the fruits.

Admit I almost gave up on him after the first cats game this year.

Nothing better than a promising north youth developing into a great player!!!!!!

Thanks to Jack I have a jumper with 19 on the back. Today I'll wear it with absolute ******* pride. On ya Sammy.

Spitta2azza's boy!!!!!

Great post. This is why a lot of us stuck with him in spite of some poor form along the journey.

Players don't always follow a straight line career development trajectory.

Sam was always a competitor, strong mark and effective versatile player. Chose a great time to play his best game to date too.

Next time I see him I'll tell him that BigFooty approves of his game. ;)
BF love is about the highest praise an AFL player can get.

I've always wondered what would happen if you went up to a North player and said you were from Big Footy. Toes and the mods would lead you to believe we are supporter royalty...

"Hey Ben10 I'm Brett33..."

amxkbl.jpg

BF love is about the highest praise an AFL player can get.

I've always wondered what would happen if you went up to a North player and said you were from Big Footy. Toes and the mods would lead you to believe we are supporter royalty...

"Hey Ben10 I'm Brett33..."

amxkbl.jpg
I get the feeling I'd get the "We'll take your money but don't you come anything ****ing near us" treatment ...

Being like this wouldn't help:

Brainy_title.jpg

I get the feeling I'd get the "We'll take your money but don't you come anything ****ing near us" treatment ...

Being like this wouldn't help:

Brainy_title.jpg

I think you'd get that from other teams (pies, hawks, etc) but i'd like to think (and from others comments) the North players are different. A mate of mine went to an Arsenal supporters function and the players were separated from the supporters via rope. He said every now and then a fringe player made a couple of comments then pissed off with the rest of them.

I think you'd get that from other teams (pies, hawks, etc) but i'd like to think (and from others comments) the North players are different. A mate of mine went to an Arsenal supporters function and the players were separated from the supporters via rope. He said every now and then a fringe player made a couple of comments then pissed off with the rest of them.
I was sorta joking and trying to imply what an innately creepy bloke I am.

Incredible that he was just about on the scrap heap middle of the year till Scott gave him yet another chance. Was superb last night, just superb.

Wright on the scrapheap? Greenhead on the scrapheap? Talented players should never be on the scrapheap. If you can't get talented kids to play decent footy then there is something wrong with the coaching.

Wright on the scrapheap? Greenhead on the scrapheap? Talented players should never be on the scrapheap. If you can't get talented kids to play decent footy then there is something wrong with the coaching.
Or they're continually broken down which could be the fault of many things. Of course, you're referring to when fit anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back