Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

My then 4yr old, now 8 yr old, for some reason loved him from the start, he's had 19 on his jumper for 3 years.
I said to Sammy at a family day 3years ago, "My kid loves ya mate", and then Sammy spent 5 mins down on his knee chatting to my son. Wrapt to see him succeeding, he's tough as nails and a true duel sided footballer.
Go Sammy.

Watching the game live he was an absolutely standout.

I've had to completely reassess my opinion of him, outstanding game.

Watching the game live he was an absolutely standout.

I've had to completely reassess my opinion of him, outstanding game.

He does heaps off the ball, sheppards and runs his balls off.

Well done Sam, you have been under immense pressure to keep your spot and you've thrived. Keep it up son, and destroy whatever Geelong flog you play on next week

He does heaps off the ball, sheppards and runs his balls off.

Well done Sam, you have been under immense pressure to keep your spot and you've thrived. Keep it up son, and destroy whatever Geelong flog you play on next week
Probably Chappy. o w8

Yep, fully admit i was ready to see him go but he was absolutely outstanding tonight. Thought his run and his pressure was outstanding. He really played like it mattered and he wasn't going to be the one to let the club down.

For that you get to keep playing for us. Well done champ.

Yep, fully admit i was ready to see him go but he was absolutely outstanding tonight. Thought his run and his pressure was outstanding. He really played like it mattered and he wasn't going to be the one to let the club down.

For that you get to keep playing for us. Well done champ.
More like, 'For that we have the privilege of seeing you play again this year.'

My then 4yr old, now 8 yr old, for some reason loved him from the start, he's had 19 on his jumper for 3 years.
I said to Sammy at a family day 3years ago, "My kid loves ya mate", and then Sammy spent 5 mins down on his knee chatting to my son. Wrapt to see him succeeding, he's tough as nails and a true duel sided footballer.
Go Sammy.

And thats what makes him so damaging coming out of defense. He gets corralled one side he cuts back in the other and can still hurt you just as bad, Sam Mitchell does the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until he fills up his shirt or catches turner on the scale, he will always cop my cheap whitty posts.

Nah good work sammy showed redemption to a power house. Took it to them

Stoked for sam. Great kid and know his family well, shame he killed it tonight though
Well done lad.
Likewise, great young man, salt of the earth honest gem, and if this was a GF, he'd be Norm Smith medallist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #19: Sam Wright - "Mr September" - retiring from AFL in Round 20 - thanks Slammin' Sam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back