Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

the whole "he's had two years off so it might extend his career" narrative never runs true, especially for a KP player.

Hell dusty had his 2/3 year off, and we said th same thing, his body kept breaking down, it didn't come bad refreshed and give him an extra two yers at the back end

the whole "he's had two years off so it might extend his career" narrative never runs true, especially for a KP player.

Hell dusty had his 2/3 year off, and we said th same thing, his body kept breaking down, it didn't come bad refreshed and give him an extra two yers at the back end
Without major injuries of course they can!

Mate, the evidence is overwhelming.
A lot of our premiership players fell off acliff, went prematurely (due to injuries), or were plain ineffectual for long periods at the end.
And history tells you, if your body is continually letting you down, you ain't getting better with age.

With his age and injury history it would mean managing him. Be great if we got 15 games over the next two seasons out of him.
EFA

I think with a full preseason we could get a minimum of 30 games out of him over the next 2 years.
Have to get that full preseason out of him first. I think the 15 games a year average is a bit optimistic. I'd be leaning more towards 24 games across the 2. Geez I hope I'm wrong.

Without major injuries of course they can!
why would you have two years off without major injuries?

If it means you can't keep conditioning the body to perform at the highest level, it's not going to extend your career, infact if your not doing the work, it may accellerate it's decline

I think with a full preseason we could get a minimum of 30 games out of him over the next 2 years.
if louie doesnt go big sexy wont string a set of games together ever again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why would you have two years off without major injuries?

If it means you can't keep conditioning the body to perform at the highest level, it's not going to extend your career, infact if your not doing the work, it may accellerate it's decline
Spot on brother after my second knee, I couldn’t train more than one night a week, result groin injuries and soft tissue which I had never suffered from, people don’t get it most of our injury issues are fitness and conditioning related , fall squarely at Louie Meehans door , as a team we can hardly run out a game

Send him to Germany to get goat jizz injected into his tendons or whatever they do nowadays. Just get them man on the park FFS
Define toy Germany , don’t waste our money on Saudi Arabia , look at poor Josh Gibcus

Geez would love for him to have 1 good season to help our next group of players on the field like Lefau, Bauer & Fawcett.
Damian Maggott is reporting that Melbourne and Collingwood are interested in Lynch. This appears to be based on (1) a desire expressed by MacRae and Goodwin for a key forward and (2) speculation about some Richmond players leaving. Pure speculation presented as journalism. Watch all the other pretend journalists echo this and turn it into a narrative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back