Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the players we are losing, it's best to retain him, if possible, but certainly don't stand in his way if he chooses to leave. He has barely played in the last few years and commands a significant salary.
Who else would we spend the money on, with our recent retirees I doubt we have any issues with the cap?

Who else would we spend the money on, with our recent retirees I doubt we have any issues with the cap?
and you want sopmeone to be taking up a chunck of the salary cap so we don't overpay kids/mid tier players.

As his money reduces, it gives space to pay the right kids as they get better

Damian Maggott is reporting that Melbourne and Collingwood are interested in Lynch. This appears to be based on (1) a desire expressed by MacRae and Goodwin for a key forward and (2) speculation about some Richmond players leaving. Pure speculation presented as journalism. Watch all the other pretend journalists echo this and turn it into a narrative.
The vultures are circling … these media campaigners are dying to strip the TIGERS … been at it all year …. campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally gets a chance to breathe after all he's been through.

Injuries

Louie

Getting kicked to shit by Hawthorn campaigners in Dusty's 300

Was only fit for the Sydney game I reckon, so we've got a 100% record in 2024 with Lynch fit

With him in the side we're top 8 easily even with our VFL list playing

Trades and drafts to come in

He'd be mad to go anywhere

I would suggest his manager is doing it to get a two year extension on his contract

Doubt it. Nathan Brown played for minimum chips after his contact ended as he felt he owed the club after missing so much through injury. At Lynches age it's 1 year extensions EOY and with his recent output it would be akin to Riewoldts/ Cotchins $300 - $350k final salary.

Could be permanently broken Lynchy!! At his age and the multiple injuries he’s had , even the best fitness coach in the universe mightn’t be able to put humpty dumpty back together again

So what do we do? Keep him on the list to play a dozen games (optimistic) and mentor our young forwards or look long term??

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back