Game Day 1st Semi-final: Geelong vs Collingwood, Sat 10 Oct GABBA @ 7.40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of like a superpower eh ?
Sadly for me I suspect it is more than just the weird season.
Could be the FFF factor (finals failure fatigue), could be the never ending Scott era and corporate BS, difficulty connecting with a team that is continually cobbled together rather than grown organically. The crowded chaotic game styles that take the aesthetics from the game .I dunno.

strip it right back.. don’t think about it too much
Just barrack for 22 blokes in hoops vs 22 blokes in stripes
Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

like my in laws don’t hear a peep all year until 10pm tonight and the obligatory Go Pies text 😡

I really do want us to be 5 goals down at quarter time next week rather than this week.

Cox can't play like that two weeks in a row. That's all I know right now. Need to stop De Goey. Mitigating factors in our favour is now Clark or Rat. They were both shocking that night although Clark did injure himself in the third quarter.

Hopefully we get a little more joy before the eventual heartbreak. Let's go boys!

I've gotta say I'm genuinely worried about our back 6 and how they match up with the pies. We look to slow down there, apart from cox, the pies are a fast nimble agile fwd line. There appears to have been no thought put into this, in Perth when we played them it was the same they were too quick for us. We have one too many talls there, especially when we are using blix as the defensive winger to provide coverage.
Surely with all these coaches it has to be horses for courses. Hendo although he played well last week should have been dropped because of the opposition, it should be
Cox - Harry
Mihochek - kolo
Degoey- Stewart
Elliot - bews
Stephenson - O'Connor
Hoskin Elliot - Henry

And we should have played narkle for pace in the centre or even constable and play patty fwd 75% game time.
Same team same result as last week
Bring back Kenny Hinkley and Geelong style footy!!!

Winning tonight means also that we deprive Collingwood of being the team that has twice ended the Geelong career of GAJ. Their supporters are chuffed about that. Much as I respect Collingwood and its history etc, this game I really hope we can win.

One can find joys in such small moments :rolleyes:... GAJ ended his own first period of time at geelong with him being BOG. His second period at geelong has been OK..but Gold Coast used up all of his magic imo.... has not been much more than a bit role player in his three years back. He could have played 355 games for the hoops .. I might then have more emotion about him finishing.

I have doubts about our mental ability to perform when it counts.. more than our issue for talent... although that is a factor as well. Our ability to do it when it counts has diminished .. one can say this year is this year ..but 4 from 16 is a monkey now. and if the Pies start well .. then it will be good night sweetheart.

Be nice to win ... but any expectation , hope really , I had for this year was lost last week. ... now , just like last year ..all that is left is to put a knife in the heart of an old advisory. For that reason alone go cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting pendles post game last week where he almost rolled his eyes and said "it's like every final I play in is against Geelong".

They played really well last week. West coast were not flat as someone mentioned earlier.
What was impressive was that when west coast broke out wide and moved fast was that the pies could shut it down and turn it over.

Absolutely have to stop them from being rewarded for that effort tonight.
If the ball hits the ground inside 50 we have to stop them scoring.

I said it earlier in the week, if kolo plays on de goey I will spew.
I don't get angry watching footy. But I did get approval from the Mrs during the week to update the tv.

So if that match up happens I may spew and then throw the remote at the screen.

I've gotta say I'm genuinely worried about our back 6 and how they match up with the pies. We look to slow down there, apart from cox, the pies are a fast nimble agile fwd line. There appears to have been no thought put into this, in Perth when we played them it was the same they were too quick for us. We have one too many talls there, especially when we are using blix as the defensive winger to provide coverage.
Surely with all these coaches it has to be horses for courses. Hendo although he played well last week should have been dropped because of the opposition, it should be
Cox - Harry
Mihochek - kolo
Degoey- Stewart
Elliot - bews
Stephenson - O'Connor
Hoskin Elliot - Henry

And we should have played narkle for pace in the centre or even constable and play patty fwd 75% game time.
Same team same result as last week
Bring back Kenny Hinkley and Geelong style footy!!!

Mate Hendo was our best defender last week if we were dropping a tall it should have been kolo or Taylor.

FFF is a factor this year. Not attending does make it less real. Having said that, I have seen more non Geelong footy this year than any other. A strange season to be sure.

I'm not overly emotional over Ablett play his last, or second last game. If he wanted more premierships he should have hung around. I've enjoyed watching him play again but I have very little emotional investment.

The players have to execute the plan tonight. It is all up to them. They have to go in hard like it is everything they want. You can be sure Colllingwood will.

I really do want us to be 5 goals down at quarter time next week rather than this week.

Cox can't play like that two weeks in a row. That's all I know right now. Need to stop De Goey. Mitigating factors in our favour is now Clark or Rat. They were both shocking that night although Clark did injure himself in the third quarter.
Need to stop de Goey being paid marks for what clearly were not.

I keep seeing people suggest Stewart for De Goey. He never gets these jobs as he’s far more valuable intercepting and rebounding. I can’t actually recall him ever doing a lock down role and he won’t start now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back