• Sri Lanka Win

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is woeful from Sri Lanka.

Can't understand why Asalanka isn't in their test team, surely he would be better than some of these other jokers they have in their batting line up.
Pick the player he is replacing.

Afternoon Richie, afternoon all..!
Been watching on and off since the outset, gee the pitch is an absolute mine field..! I thought yesterday that Green's 77 would be the highest score for the match and by the looks or current events this will be the case...
SL in deep poo now with 6 down before passing Aus 1st innings lead - accordingly this test could easily be all over today...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick the player he is replacing.

Matthews if he isn't fit for the next test but you could take your pick of any of their top order, none of them have set the word on fire in this test.

Dickwella is their only batsman that has really stood up so far to play a meaningful innings with a fifty in the first innings and he's their keeper.

True, the more traditional player of spin is getting rarer, and T20s have played a big part in that, I think. I don't think that it's disappearing completely, there's just a method that can work that's easier to learn now. If it works, it works, I guess. I do hope that as the way the game is played progresses, bowlers force that kind of player to make a return to the forefront, and I think that will eventually happen as the modern technique is countered more effectively.

I guess what shits me is that as a purist it turns matches into
Shootouts. I genuinely enjoyed watching england and New Zealand because the styles were contrasting but there were still ebbs and flows and changing tempos to the game. Even the australia Pakistan series was like that too and to Australia’s credit they were good enough to seize the moments and win the series.

This match it’s like both teams have looked at the pitch and gone ‘it’s gonna spin’ and from the moment the 5th wicket fell in Sri lanka’s first innings it’s like every batsman as admitted it’s too much of a challenge to bother trying to build an innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back