Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sri Lanka Win

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green only hit 6 boundaries in his 77. It wasn't defensive but it was basically a bunch of singles and twos along the ground to blokes on the fence. I certainly wouldn't call it aggressive.

I was only following the commentary not actually watching but it was a lot of sweeps and front foot wasn’t it? Again can’t blame him he’s tall and has great reach and credit to him for top scoring it’s not a criticism. And my actual criticism is directed primarily at Sri Lanka who have a team of batsmen who by and large have decent experience and are in home conditions - I just don’t understand what would compel batsmen to see a pitch like this that is helping spin but far from a minefield and think ‘well our only option is to sweep both sides of the wicket and slog our way to a total.’

A player like root for example - he’s an excellent sweeper of the ball and he’s used it to great effect but it’s precisely his ability to be judicious with it and rely on using the crease in between times and play late cuts to get off strike etc that’s made him so effective in those conditions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back