Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive building block.
The Stephenson of the last two years would’ve dropped his bundle after that 1st half and been a liability for the rest of the game.

We are seeing a player being rebuilt from the ground up almost in terms of his confidence in his body and ability. Pros and cons for tonight for sure but really dug in after half time and showed some real maturity.

Should hold his head high and keep slowly building

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better this week, I think the effort is there. He got burned a couple of times on the lead. I don’t know if it is a game plan thing or the guys don’t trust him? Either way we should go to him more rather than always kicking it long.

When I think about it, the guy has barely played forward over the last 2 years, he will take some time to get back into the swing of things, but last night was a good first step.

We don’t need him to kick 40 goals, we only need 25 and at crucial times and along with maximum effort and anything more is a plus.

You can tell he cares about his footy and is genuinely trying to be the best player he can but also seems like he is his harshest critic sometimes.

Kicked 2 goals straight this week and has been inaccurate. Can’t complain about him this week he got the score on the board and we won. Has talent to burn if we can harness it , will help us enormously.

Was opposed to Hayden Young, one of the best young HBs in the comp, and kicked 2 on him and negated his influence. Big win for his confidence.

Massive building block.
The Stephenson of the last two years would’ve dropped his bundle after that 1st half and been a liability for the rest of the game.

We are seeing a player being rebuilt from the ground up almost in terms of his confidence in his body and ability. Pros and cons for tonight for sure but really dug in after half time and showed some real maturity.

Should hold his head high and keep slowly building

You mean, like the six million dollar man?

Was solid last week and built on it last night, still room for improvement which I’m sure will come as his confidence builds.

Looks to be a vital part of our best 22 under Clarko.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back