Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had a good year, but let's not credit this to Clarko. He could have gone out and done this last year, but didn't. His turnaround is on him. Well done.

Noble had him in more positions than the Kama Sutra last year so it’s unsurprising he didn’t play consistent footy.

He has two modes. One is finding the right spot and being dangerous, the other is when he’s feeling great he starts roaming and winning the ball. It all seems to start from deep forward.

Interesting that often in his career he's been called out as a downhill skier at times. 4 goals in a forgettable game for the team could mean he's breaking that?

Also his first goal was a reward for a pressure act and tackle. He's definitely starting to put the right pieces in the right places!
He is working harder as well. Good fri game he was cracking in all day.

Interesting that often in his career he's been called out as a downhill skier at times. 4 goals in a forgettable game for the team could mean he's breaking that?

Also his first goal was a reward for a pressure act and tackle. He's definitely starting to put the right pieces in the right places!
He's kicked 7 goals in consecutive losses. Imagine if we won a game by 50...

I thought he did the things he’s had to work on well - tackled, held position and structure and tracked back.

That keeps him in the team. If he keeps doing that, the other things will come and he’ll start kick goals.

Then everyone will think he’s great again.
As I said after Rd 1…

Was actually going to post before the GF game that he’d been doing the ground work and would get on the end of a few. But I didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back