Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

At what point does the player take responsibility for his skills and play?

It isn’t like he hasn’t had a chance to nail down a position.

He certainly has skills, just not for this team. If he can’t nail down a HB place by the end of the year, he will be the best paid player in the VFL.

Errr he has always been responsible for his actions as he is playing to his contract.

It's the club that has let him down quite significanty.

Remember, he booted 38 goals in his debut year and if he ends his career in the vfl, then it's a damning reflection on the club and that alone is why no big name player want to come over.

Until we address this particular issue, i suggest we don't worry about trying to get players to come over but throw bags of cash into the development department first.

At what point does the player take responsibility for his skills and play?

It isn’t like he hasn’t had a chance to nail down a position.

He certainly has skills, just not for this team. If he can’t nail down a HB place by the end of the year, he will be the best paid player in the VFL.
Drury will likely be delisted this year but that doesnt take anything away from the fact that with hardly an ounce of the talent sleevo has he has cracked in.

Sleevo and tarryn thomas are the 2 text book examples of wasted talent on out list on the last 4 years. I could possibly add paul ahern but his acl was probably more a factor.

Errr he has always been responsible for his actions as he is playing to his contract.

Remember, he booted 38 goals in his debut year and if he ends his career in the vfl, then it's a damning reflection on the club and that alone is why no big name player want to come over.

Until we address this particular issue, i suggest we don't worry about trying to get players to come over but throw bags of cash into the development department first.
The reality is he hasn't been the same since he ****ed his hip in the off season after his first year. I think that he is responsible for that, no one else is.

That’s a load of crap, he’s been given plenty of opportunity to succeed at North and simply he hasn’t been up to it.

That’s a load of crap, he’s been given plenty of opportunity to succeed at North and simply he hasn’t been up to it.

What does that mean? He's a professional footballer, nobody is giving him opportunities, he has earned it.

What has the club done for him to develop him to become a better footballer?

The reality is he hasn't been the same since he ****ed his hip in the off season after his first year. I think that he is responsible for that, no one else is.

Precisely my point, that's a damning reflection of the club instead of him.

He can only be the best he can be and he is, has the club given him a clear direction to become the club he needs to be?

The short answer is no, and that has been a huge ever since late pagan era and that's why we cannot attract other decent players because of it.

He got pissed in off season and broke his hip ****ing about on a BMX with his non footy mates.

I think that's on him not the club.
This 100%.

Precisely my point, that's a damning reflection of the club instead of him.

He can only be the best he can be and he is, has the club given him a clear direction to become the club he needs to be?

The short answer is no, and that has been a huge ever since late pagan era and that's why we cannot attract other decent players because of it.
You can’t be serious? Stephenson is a ******* - has screwed up countless times off the field and offers us nothing on the field anymore as he is not prepared to put in the work to better himself. Still built like a twig at 25 years of age. I could list his flaws but I haven’t got all day. He’s one of those footballers that’s happy to collect his overpriced pay check and just go through the motions. Why do you think Collingwood were so happy to offload him to us, the signs were there from the beginning and they knew it wasn’t going to end well. Waste of space and needs to be delisted asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am screaming into the void. He sucks. He's so bad. Please don't foist him on us any longer. He can't defend, he doesn't like contact, he can't kick and he doesn't appear to care.

The weather was foul and I was 12yrs old doing my last day of delivering the papers on my bike in hilly terrain for coin money.. and I put in more effort than this guy.

Has he been training with hugh Greenwood? He looks seriously not right

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back