2 Mistakes that cost Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

And Brereton is on SEN whinging about the umpring, accusing Geelong players of diving and claiming they would have won with Buddy.

Love it. :D

Huge respect for Dermie as a player and have gotten used to him on Leagues Teams now, he is what he is but listening to him on SEN just now makes me want to spew. I've posted before ad nauseum, no matter what Geelong do he will never give them a shread of credit for whatever they do.

**** you Dermie, the most memorable for me is watching last years GF combined with the SEN audio. You could tell it was really grinding your gears. They should have moved Yeates with you in '89 just to finish the job. Ranga flog.

He's like Fonzie with Fonzie's inability to say the word, 'sorry'.

**** me, he's even had a crack at Harry Taylor for taking contested marks in defence against shorter opponents. Here's a tip Dermie, tell them to put some height in the forward line, not that it matters anyway, we know that Franklin can't take a contested mark to save himself. Roughie on the other hand.

Shouldn't Hawkins have been called play on, thus meaning hawthorn win?

Not only did he have the ball at least 40 seconds, he ran off the line
and if Buddy marked and goaled it like that after the siren, and a cats fan said it should of been play on you would of blasted them coz its his natural ark, fairness is other players being allowed a little bit of leniency when Buddy gets a ton of it.

salt-Wound.jpg

THey were good but the Hawks were asleep and dazed at the centre bounces in the first quarter. They outplayed Geelong in the rest of the game.
Pretty sure your 100% correct with the hawks first quarter sleep, But geelong noticed this too and thought they'de be fair so the had a huge catnap and woke up with a few minutes left and decided it was time to get dinkum again.:rolleyes:

Huge respect for Dermie as a player and have gotten used to him on Leagues Teams now, he is what he is but listening to him on SEN just now makes me want to spew. I've posted before ad nauseum, no matter what Geelong do he will never give them a shread of credit for whatever they do.

**** you Dermie, the most memorable for me is watching last years GF combined with the SEN audio. You could tell it was really grinding your gears. They should have moved Yeates with you in '89 just to finish the job. Ranga flog.

He's like Fonzie with Fonzie's inability to say the word, 'sorry'.

**** me, he's even had a crack at Harry Taylor for taking contested marks in defence against shorter opponents. Here's a tip Dermie, tell them to put some height in the forward line, not that it matters anyway, we know that Franklin can't take a contested mark to save himself. Roughie on the other hand.

I've got no respect for anything that piece of shit says or does. It is all about him and his ego, or denigrating other team's performances. Doesn't have the class to congratulate the opposition for kicking two goals in the last two minutes. Not that I'm surprised. You can just hear the campaigner's giggle when Kennett uttered those famous words, he certainly wasn't saying "maybe that's a bit over the top and premature".

Scum.

Ah well couple stupid errors.
Would've been good for Hodge or Lewis to have a go at one stage of the game... maybe next time eh.

It's got me stuffed how people can say that the 1st quarter is irrelevant to the outcome of the match. Hawthorn had 29 shots on goal after the 1st quarter compared to Geelong's 16, and kicked 15 goals to Geelong's 8 after quarter time, yet somehow the snooze that Hawthorn had in the first is irrlelvant?

No other period in the game was more costly to Hawthorn winning. You can't give good teams a 9 gola headstart.

Kudos to the boys for getting back into the match. Most teams would've wilted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2 Mistakes that cost Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back