Traded 2. Paddy Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Player perspective: handled the disappointment and setbacks like a champ. I think he has more to offer than he's shown and I hope he gets a good run elsewhere. May never be a star, but I think could play a useful role in a midfield rotation.

From our club point of view, another SHOCKING return for a high draft pick. 70-odd games, plenty as sub and a paltry trade return. Not good at all, when there were stars all over the board when we took Dow.

Player perspective: handled the disappointment and setbacks like a champ. I think he has more to offer than he's shown and I hope he gets a good run elsewhere. May never be a star, but I think could play a useful role in a midfield rotation.

From our club point of view, another SHOCKING return for a high draft pick. 70-odd games, plenty as sub and a paltry trade return. Not good at all, when there were stars all over the board when we took Dow.
Hmmmm
Made so many posts about this one
Eventually disappointing as many thought including myself..though maybe 3rd rounder for Dow
Might see him a bit at Saints!
Lob and Dow gone..
They were expensive in terms of us not winning games...only will ever remind me of tough times.
Kind of sad

All the best Paddy Dow...
You'll forever be the most discussed player, ever... On the Carlton Bigfooty board...

All the best to Paddy - but St Kilda is the second last place I would have preferred to see him go to.
He might have gone there had Dorito not insisted on Walsh as a sweetener.

Sad at this one. Pragmatically he doesn’t fit in a midfield with Patrick Cripps who already gets a mulligan for sometimes lacking on the defensive aspects. He would remain depth with us. We would do him no favours retaining him as such.

He may become a hundred game clearance mid fir the Saints and few at the Blues would begrudge him that.

Was poorly developed early in his career. The layers he very much added in the completed season should have been established in his first two seasons, and then some. A true Blue who I am sure will be missed by the playing group.

Best of luck to him, he really won me over this year and no one can even doubt his commitment to better himself

Part of me hopes he makes us regret this trade because he explodes at St Kilda.

I would have liked him to stay for depth due to skill and aging players within the team but this was probably the best move for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for the caps, it really sells the message......fmd.....

Full credit to you Paddy: you copped it in the teeth literally and figuratively at this football club. Be a bit more capable and assertive as a tactician at the Saints and you'll make our footy department look like fools pretty quickly.

What games would you put forward as evidence of this?
The ones where he came in off a disrupted number of weeks as sub and contributed well as an AFL mid. 22 touches, 6+ clearances, 4 tackles, 1+ goal assists over his five full games...and more importantly passed the eye test with flying colours.

I'd think it hard to argue that that wasn't a stretch of AFL quality football, but this is Big Footy.

Was excited by Paddy’s speed exiting stoppages.
Ultimately, we can only really carry Cripps as the key midfielder without great defensive pressure.
Wishing Paddy all the best to carve out a long career at the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back