Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

your correct, this is what alot of supporters don't fully embrace
we have very few youthful A graders ...more likely the least amount in the league

Agreed, we absolutely lack that top end talent. I suspect that the rectification to that is problem 3 years of top 1-3 picks, everything going right with those picks and then a few years of development. Along the way we need to pick guys early in the second round like a Balta or Bolton who in a few years when people look over the drafts say "Those guys should have gone top 10."

Yep. Taking his grand total up to 5 for the year. Amartey kicked 9 goals 3 weeks ago and has kicked 1 since & Los Del Rio sold 8 million singles off the song Macarena. Lesson here is, don't overrate "one offs"

Probably worth remembering too that the other team kicked over 100pts, even in the wet once we took him out of our defence. I think the previous games he was forward, not back, the opponent was kicking 120+ on us over the past month.

ffs -seriously.....

What nonsense.

Balta has played all of what, 7 full games forward for the season? He had 6 weeks off injured in the middle of that. He has 10 goals and 5 assists. He has kicked 3 goals against Carlton twice and had the 4 assists v Freo, both top 4 teams, so it is not like he has only impacted the scoreboard v weaker teams. Those are all very promising matches for his prospects as a key forward. Given the lack of continuity for both him and the rest of the forward line, and how weak and unstable our midfield has been for much of the season, his performances when forward are not bad at all.

And just in case you missed it, all of these alternative tall forwards/second rucks are missing or have been through much of the season: Lynch, Lefau, Ryan, Naismith, Bauer, Fawcett, Gray, and Martin has been playing severely hampered and missed last week. So v Freo for instance, when Balta was the second highest rated key forward in the game behind Treacey(who got some decent favours from the umps to bump his rating right up) who the **** were you going to play as a key forward if not Balta?

Yze has said he would like 2 Baltas, one to play at each end. You are an idiot.

Last edited:

Balta has been underwhelming as a forward, you can realistically argue about it. He has done some nice things, but he does not mark the ball like a forward. Can anyone remember him running towards a pack and getting a ride on someone's back, timing his leap in a pack, or even running to the fat side open space. He stands there stationary with his hands up half the time in the goal square. Occasionally he will time his lead and take a mark or stretch and get one in front, but he has little forward craft. Lefau in his short stint there showed more forward craft. But more to the point Balta is a star centre half back.

Kosi has marked the ball better than Balta ever has in the last few games. Is he the answer, not really because he will never be much better than he is right now, serviceable.

We have one class tall on our list who might be able to play forward, Gibcus. Not because he is a better forward than back, but because he is class no matter where you put him. As a roaming 3rd tall he would be very hard to match up on.

Young Grey has a few tools to work with. He is quick and athletic and hits the ball hard in the air. He will improve a lot in an AFL system, coming from a long way back. Fawcett, who knows.

Kosi has marked the ball better than Balta ever has in the last few games. Is he the answer, not really because he will never be much better than he is right now, serviceable.
I was reading until this point

paused and said WTF

Then couldnt read anymore

I was reading until this point

paused and said WTF

Then couldnt read anymore
Context of the discussion, as a forward not a backman.
Kosi has taken good strong pack marks up the line and inside the 50 the last few matches. Balta has taken the odd one.
The frustration of Balta, he can do it back with ease, and should be able to do it forward, but rarely does.

Context of the discussion, as a forward not a backman.
Kosi has taken good strong pack marks up the line and inside the 50 the last few matches. Balta has taken the odd one.
The frustration of Balta, he can do it back with ease, and should be able to do it forward, but rarely does.
Balta is 10 x the player Kosi is
Back , Foward , Ruck , Marking , Kicking and even the way he looks

Not even a remote comparison

Balta is 10 x the player Kosi is
Back , Foward , Ruck , Marking , Kicking and even the way he looks

Not even a remote comparison
Yes Balta is a much better player, but he has taken 14 contested marks this year in 12 games, most (without the stats would be in the backline) where he is much better. Koschinzki has taken 12 in 7 matches, most of them in the last few weeks. So as a forward right now I'd say Kosi is taking more grabs up the line and in the forward line than Balta, 10x the player or not. That's all I was saying.

Yes Balta is a much better player, but he has taken 14 contested marks this year in 12 games, most (without the stats would be in the backline) where he is much better. Koschinzki has taken 12 in 7 matches, most of them in the last few weeks. So as a forward right now I'd say Kosi is taking more grabs up the line and in the forward line than Balta, 10x the player or not. That's all I was saying.
I rather believe my eyes and if i was picking my best 22 for Richmond today Kosi is not getting a game
He was traded to be the FF at Richmond and so far i have not see any semblance of a KPF and has been moved around to get him into a game where Balta gets moved to plug holes where needed and usually dominates both foward and defence

Lynch - Balta - Lefau would be my 3 talls then Samsun Ryan

Bauer & Kosi would be fighting it out for 5th spot and thats before we even get a look at Gray (which has looked better than Kosi ar VFL)

Balta maybe getting a better defender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rather believe my eyes and if i was picking my best 22 for Richmond today Kosi is not getting a game
He was traded to be the FF at Richmond and so far i have not see any semblance of a KPF and has been moved around to get him into a game where Balta gets moved to plug holes where needed and usually dominates both foward and defence

Bauer & Kosi would be fighting it out for 5th spot and thats before we even get a look at Gray (which has looked better than Kosi ar VFL)

Maybe not best 22, but you'll be picking him in round two next year once Lynch finalls falls totally apart.

100% agree on every point.

What nonsense.

Balta has played all of what, 7 full games forward for the season? He had 6 weeks off injured in the middle of that. He has 10 goals and 5 assists. He has kicked 3 goals against Carlton twice and had the 4 assists v Freo, both top 4 teams, so it is not like he has only impacted the scoreboard v weaker teams. Those are all very promising matches for his prospects as a key forward. Given the lack of continuity for both him and the rest of the forward line, and how weak and unstable our midfield has been for much of the season, his performances when forward are not bad at all.

And just in case you missed it, all of these alternative tall forwards/second rucks are missing or have been through much of the season: Lynch, Lefau, Ryan, Naismith, Bauer, Fawcett, Gray, and Martin has been playing severely hampered and missed last week. So v Freo for instance, when Balta was the second highest rated key forward in the game behind Treacey(who got some decent favours from the umps to bump his rating right up) who the **** were you going to play as a key forward if not Balta?

Yze has said he would like 2 Baltas, one to play at each end. You are an idiot.

"What nonsense".

Can you just not reply to my stuff dude? I can't be bothered arguing over it anymore. Your takes are quite frankly shit. For 3 years you have called me nonsense and here we are in shitsville exactly where i told you were heading and your still trying to lecture me on crap. Balta has proven to be a elite defender. Both when we were world beaters and shit eater. Meanwhile, as a forward, he has had a small handful of games where he has kicked more than 2 goals, or have more than 1 goal assist.

Yze might like 2 Balta's - but even an idiot like me knows - he only has ONE.

So play the ONE where he fits your team best. Its ****ing idiocy. Your the same dufus that supported Dimma. Supported Tarrant. Supported the Taranto/Hopper deals. Hell, i also think you wanted them to hire Mini over Yze & now you are lecturing me on how smart he is on this matter? Thought all our drafts were home runs. Etc. Etc Etc.

Your loyal like a Trump or Biden supporter. Loyal beyond sense. That aint a compliment.

+1 from me.

"What nonsense".

Can you just not reply to my stuff dude? I can't be bothered arguing over it anymore. Your takes are quite frankly shit. For 3 years you have called me nonsense and here we are in shitsville exactly where i told you were heading and your still trying to lecture me on crap. Balta has proven to be a elite defender. Both when we were world beaters and shit eater. Meanwhile, as a forward, he has had a small handful of games where he has kicked more than 2 goals, or have more than 1 goal assist.

Yze might like 2 Balta's - but even an idiot like me knows - he only has ONE.

So play the ONE where he fits your team best. Its ****ing idiocy. Your the same dufus that supported Dimma. Supported Tarrant. Supported the Taranto/Hopper deals. Hell, i also think you wanted them to hire Mini over Yze & now you are lecturing me on how smart he is on this matter? Thought all our drafts were home runs. Etc. Etc Etc.

Your loyal like a Trump or Biden supporter. Loyal beyond sense. That aint a compliment.

Lol this clownshow thinks he is Nostradamus because we are 18th on the ladder due almost entirely to our crippling injury list.

Charges me with some heinous crimes in this post....

- Supporting our triple Premiership coach Damien Hardwick. I plead guilty as charged your honour.

- Supporting the recruitment of 2023 Best & Fairest Taranto and Hopper. I plead guilty as charged your honour.

- Calling for McQualter to be appointed coach over Yze. Not guilty your honour, I never did that.

- Thinking "all our drafts are home runs." Not guilty your honour, I have never believed that or anything like it.

- Being loyal. Guilty as charged your honour, I like to think of myself as loyal.

- "Like a Trump OR Biden" supporter. It is difficult to understand this charge your honour. I do think society should support its elderly citizens.

So in summary we can see these charges are both true and terrible. The trouble is the true ones aren't terrible, and the terrible ones aren't true. :)

Lol this clownshow thinks he is Nostradamus because we are 18th on the ladder due almost entirely to our crippling injury list.

Charges me with some heinous crimes in this post....

- Supporting our triple Premiership coach Damien Hardwick. I plead guilty as charged your honour.

- Supporting the recruitment of 2023 Best & Fairest Taranto and Hopper. I plead guilty as charged your honour.

- Calling for McQualter to be appointed coach over Yze. Not guilty your honour, I never did that.

- Thinking "all our drafts are home runs." Not guilty your honour, I have never believed that or anything like it.

- Being loyal. Guilty as charged your honour, I like to think of myself as loyal.

- "Like a Trump OR Biden" supporter. It is difficult to understand this charge your honour. I do think society should support its elderly citizens.

So in summary we can see these charges are both true and terrible. The trouble is the true ones aren't terrible, and the terrible ones aren't true. :)
Just put each other on ignore

Player Watch #20 Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back