Fantasy 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Official 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft

Broncos take Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State. With Javon Walker going, Brandon Marshall has little help opposite so this big play receiver is what Jay Cutler could do with on offense...
He is gone, was taken at pick 22.

Sorry, should have been a bit more thorough...

We'll go with Pat Sims, DT, Auburn. Would have liked a receiver but nothing really stands out, so we'll go back to defense where we could always do with some help for the future...

On behalf of Cons_SS....

Carolina picks S Reggie Smith, Oklahoma

Also considered OT Carl Nicks although Carolina have recently resigned a couple of starters on the line, so Safety was a greater concern.

Reggie Smith from Oklahoma played both cornerback and safety in college but would play at FS for the Panthers alongside SS Chris Harris.

Sure we didn't run the ball well last year, but I've gone for a speedy back to compliment Cedric Benson rather than go the O-Line.

Bears select RB Felix Jones, Arkansas
DaSawx you stole my pick

With the 46th pick the Lions Select Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee

Cincinatti select...

DT Dre (Marchondray) Moore, Maryland

No stand out options here, basically came down to a DT or TE, unfortunately the 9 previous picks have seen the top 2 ranked TE and the 3rd-5th ranked DTs go off the board, so this pick may be seen as a bit of a reach, but Moore has terrific upside.

The Bengals need a DT, Peko is decent enough, but Thornton isnt great and there isnt much depth. Moore could play in either the 3-4 or 4-3 so should be able to do the job in a four man front for the Bungles.

He's certainly big enough at 6-4, is very athletic and quick (quickest DT in the draft), has potential to wreak havoc in the backfield, however he is pretty raw and could simply be a workout warrior. Boom or bust i suppose.

Went him over Marcus Harrison simply because Harrison has off field character issues which is something the Bungles certainly do not need. Red Bryant was also considered.

Since this Mock Draft is going faster then last years are we doing a Third Round?
Definitely, I can see no reason why we shouldn't, supplementary picks may not be in yet which could cause some issues, but we can still do it anyway, a bit of fun

I have extended the list on the front page to include 3 rounds, the order is correct as far as i know, and has been sourced from Draft Tek

http://www.drafttek.com/round32008.html

All trades done last offseason and this offseason are taken into account

Let's keep this thing rolling!

With pick # 48 the Vikings take Carl Nicks OT Nebraska.

The Vikings have had a dominant running game over the last few years, mostly on the back of C Matt Birk, LG Steve Hutchinson and LT Bryant McKinnie. On the right side RG Anthony Herrera stepped up last year and has been given a 5 year contract extension. This leaves RT Ryan Cook as the only question mark in an otherwise dominating front line.

Its also possible that Bryant McKinnie may face some time off at the start of the season due to an off-season incident outside a night club in Miami.

Carl Nicks was nearly my BPA on my draft sheet, so Nicks it is. Nicks played RT as a junior and LT as a senior, and I can see him competing for Cook's starting position, or backing up McKinnie early in the season.

I also considered Safety, Tight End and Quarterback, but no-one jumped out as offering more than Nicks.

With Pick 48 the Atlanta Falcons select:

Anthony Collins - OT - Kansas.

With the release of Wayne Gandy, the Falcons desperately need a left offensive tackle to protect their future quarterback and to open holes for recently signed running back Michael Turner.

He is tipped to go anywhere from Pick 25 > so is not a bad get here. Is actually ranked almost on a par with Svens pick of Carl Nicks, who was the other choice i had at this pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have extended the list on the front page to include 3 rounds, the order is correct as far as i know, and has been sourced from Draft Tek

http://www.drafttek.com/round32008.html

All trades done last offseason and this offseason are taken into account

Let's keep this thing rolling!

I don't have a problem going to 3 rounds (or more) but be aware that I am away all Easter and will not be able to contribute to the draft over that time (Good Friday to Easter Monday)

I don't have a problem going to 3 rounds (or more) but be aware that I am away all Easter and will not be able to contribute to the draft over that time (Good Friday to Easter Monday)

Ditto. Although no 3rd rounder for the Raiders have Atlanta at pick 69.

yeh i am basically out of action Wednesday lunch time till Sunday night, we can still continue but people just have to realise some picks may not be made quickly, and people can be given until Tuesday to make their pick

With the 50th pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select...

heathbenedict.jpg

Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry
Height: 6-4. Weight: 321.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Combine 40 Time: 5.09.
Arm: 33 4/8. Benchx225: .

The Eagles have two old tackles, and only one replacement as of right now in Winston Justice, who seriously underperformed against the Giants in a game im still trying to forget. Benedict should be able to be a pivitol part of the Eagles line for years to come. Whilst i was initially wary of drafting a div II player, his senior bowl performance showed he was good enough to be playing in Div I, so i think he could be a steal.

With the 50th pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select...

heathbenedict.jpg

Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry
Height: 6-4. Weight: 321.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Combine 40 Time: 5.09.
Arm: 33 4/8. Benchx225: .

The Eagles have two old tackles, and only one replacement as of right now in Winston Justice, who seriously underperformed against the Giants in a game im still trying to forget. Benedict should be able to be a pivitol part of the Eagles line for years to come. Whilst i was initially wary of drafting a div II player, his senior bowl performance showed he was good enough to be playing in Div I, so i think he could be a steal.
Haha this guy is great... I forgot which collegebut he was kicked out of his first college (His actual year level) before going into a div II colege... Definitely a good pick for the Phiggles...

Arizona Cardinals & The Wizard select:

Brandon Flowers - Virginia Tech - CB
Would have liked to go CB in the first round but the top quality was gone by that pick so had to wait for the 2nd round. Is a buddy of Eric Greens which is a positive for a rookie coming in and fills our needs perfectly.
2 defensive players in the frist two rounds, will be looking WR/RB in the 3rd.

Washington Redskins select DE Lawrence Jackson, Southern Cal

Was thinking about Quentin Groves, who seems more explosive and disruptive, probably converts to OLB in a 3-4. Bit underweight, and struggled with injury. So I went with a very good and bigger DE.

Haha this guy is great... I forgot which collegebut he was kicked out of his first college (His actual year level) before going into a div II colege... Definitely a good pick for the Phiggles...
Left Tennessee due to academic troubles

And Southerntakeover, i personally wouldn't care about Div II schools, i actually have taken 2 for the Ravens, in the end it matters how they perform in the big time

A few names from Division II schools (some are no longer Div II but were at the time) are Walter Payton, Larry Allen and Shannon Sharpe.

Washington Redskins select DE Lawrence Jackson, Southern Cal

Was thinking about Quentin Groves, who seems more explosive and disruptive, probably converts to OLB in a 3-4. Bit underweight, and struggled with injury. So I went with a very good and bigger DE.
What, you were thinking about Groves for this pick? Lucky you decided against him as he is already gone!

tampa bay: wr earl bennett vanderbilt

reason: after taking the franhise qb in the first round tampa looks for its franchise wr, where theyre in need. i chose earl bennett because hes a no1 wideout and has good feel for the ball and finding the creases doesnt go down easy either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2008 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back