2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove goes first round for sure. top ten imo..

FWIW this is my top 10 at the minute

Naitanui
Rich
Hurley
Yarran
Sidebottom
Watts
Suban
Trengove
Ziebell
McKernan

This is my prediction of the top 10 from this early stage...
1. Naitanui
2. Rich
3. Hurley
4. Suban
5. Hartlett
6. Cornelius
7. Watts
8. DeBoer
9. McKernan
10. Walters
Unlucky : Trengove, Swift, Yarran, Sidebottom, Heyne, Ziebell

Trengove goes first round for sure. top ten imo..

FWIW this is my top 10 at the minute

Naitanui
Rich
Hurley
Yarran
Sidebottom
Watts
Suban
Trengove
Ziebell
McKernan

No Heyne!!!!! not like Bourky from reading your posts he would be a monty for top 10. I know whatts is a kf but what type is he leading pack marking good hands good kick etc: thanks in advance

I dont rate DeBoer a Top 10 pick. Possibly 1st Round, 2nd Round most likely. Yarran is a definate top 10 pick.

The years top 20 will be very high quality.

No Heyne!!!!! not like Bourky from reading your posts he would be a monty for top 10. I know whatts is a kf but what type is he leading pack marking good hands good kick etc: thanks in advance

Watts is good on a lead, has a good kick and can take a pack mark. Good example of this was his big pack mark with 30 seconds to go against VC about 45m out. Which he went through and slotted comfortably, with about 5 seconds to go.

VM needed a goal as they were down by 3pts in the last minute, provided the mark, kick the pressure goal, he stood up to the test.

I'd say that one passage of play gave him a huge boost in all recruiters eyes.

just being objective, heyne has top 10 potential but i reckon even he knows that he needs to keep up the consistency for the remainder of the carnival to go there.. definete first rounder. but not top 10 at this stage...

Hey I am New to Bigfooty, but i have noticed that nobody has said a thing really about Xavier Gotch. Why is that? Do People think he will get picked up? Much Appreciated if somone could explain about him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naitanui
Hurley
Walters
Walters
Rich
Cornelius
Suban
Yarran
Sidebottom
McKernan

Lock it in.

Im sure of it now, Rich is severly overrated.

Rich will go to wce or freo who ever has the first pick of the 2, he is not overrated, he is a gun btw

Rich is not over rated, he may have had a quiet game against NSW but he had a heavy tag on him!

Did you not watch the the 2007 WAFL grand final, Rich played a blinder!

Rich is not over rated, he may have had a quiet game against NSW but he had a heavy tag on him!

Did you not watch the the 2007 WAFL grand final, Rich played a blinder!

I've said this before, he was given time and space and he used his left foot to good effect. I was at that game, even on the day I couldnt believe how much space he was given.

Obviously Subiaco has a deep midfield. Now that he is a household name the opposition put more time into him and he simply hasnt copped.

Against NSW or for Subi.

By the end of the carnival he will slide. His poor workrate, combined with opposition attention will see him come back to the pack.

He cant take a tag.

That's what they said about Cotchin as well last year, he couldn't take a tag, but he still went no.2...I think it is a very similar case...

To say that Rich doesn't get his own ball is ridiculous trump, he is one of the strongest in the contest and one of the best tacklers in the draft. He might not be a pure clearance player but outside players that win 50:50 contested ball are like gold, especially when you have a hurt factor as high as Rich.

He isn't rated up there with Hodge/Judd & Ball pre draft because he is a good kick - it's because he is a complete midfielder of elite quality and has enough exposed form over the last 3 or 4 years make genuine judgment on him.

He plays nothing like Dal Santo - he had a quiet game (quiet year) because he hasn't played in a game where his team actually needed him. Every game he plays it's the same thing - his team is flogging the opposition and the game has very little pressure.

His form has nothing to do with where he will go in the draft, he will be drafted on how good he projects to be in the right environment after an adequate period of training and development.

Hodge & Judd Barely played a game in the year they were drafted and went 1 & 3, Hurn had shit form for 2 years, was 10kg's over weight, hadn't done a pre season before and had serious doubt over long term OP before being drafted and still went first round.

Beau Dowler had a broken pelvis and was still taken at 6

On the weekend Rich had 15 disposals - 4 of them serious quality long kicks, took a great contested mark, made a couple of very strong tackles and provided a huge amount of blocks for his team mates

I was more disappointing in DeBoer getting 25 disposals and continually stuffing it up than I was with Rich not working hard to stand out more.

To say that Rich doesn't get his own ball is ridiculous trump, he is one of the strongest in the contest and one of the best tacklers in the draft. He might not be a pure clearance player but outside players that win 50:50 contested ball are like gold, especially when you have a hurt factor as high as Rich.

He isn't rated up there with Hodge/Judd & Ball pre draft because he is a good kick - it's because he is a complete midfielder of elite quality and has enough exposed form over the last 3 or 4 years make genuine judgment on him.

He plays nothing like Dal Santo - he had a quiet game (quiet year) because he hasn't played in a game where his team actually needed him. Every game he plays it's the same thing - his team is flogging the opposition and the game has very little pressure.

His form has nothing to do with where he will go in the draft, he will be drafted on how good he projects to be in the right environment after an adequate period of training and development.

Hodge & Judd Barely played a game in the year they were drafted and went 1 & 3, Hurn had shit form for 2 years, was 10kg's over weight, hadn't done a pre season before and had serious doubt over long term OP before being drafted and still went first round.

Beau Dowler had a broken pelvis and was still taken at 6

On the weekend Rich had 15 disposals - 4 of them serious quality long kicks, took a great contested mark, made a couple of very strong tackles and provided a huge amount of blocks for his team mates

I was more disappointing in DeBoer getting 25 disposals and continually stuffing it up than I was with Rich not working hard to stand out more.

Thats your take and you're entitled to it.

I have been more impressed with Walters, Jetta and Yarran. Each bring a standout feature to their game.

Rich as you said, doesnt work hard enough.

It's something that can improve and if you have a look I still think he'll go top 5.

I just dont think it's as clearcut as most seem to think. Him going no. 2 that is.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back