2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched him play in the intra team scratchie they played at Fremantle oval a few weeks ago that earnt Mitch Marsh selection into the squad. He took 2 marks & had 3 kicks. If thats not telling you something about how far a name can get you then nothing is. Its a good ole tug of war between cricket & the AFL. Cricket will probaly get him(thats where he belongs) but footy dont want to lose. I believe South Fremantle were asked to supply 5 or 6 fill ins from their colts due to injuries in the 18's squad & not to risk Naitnaui & Rich, who both only played the first quarter. What I did notice was that a few of the lads Souths supplied did play well but obviusly not sighted.Kid from Souths wearing state guernsey came on in the second quarter and played on the wing and was outstanding, played the remainder of the game. Got alot of the ball, had pace & a beautiful kick of the ball. Don't know his name, obviously the selectors dont either.

Michael Collica it sounds like he is from South freo and plays the wing and has pace and a nice kick. He got into the top 35 or so and was one of the last to be dropped. Expected to be drafted to WCE in 09

Top 10:
1. Naitunai
2. Rich
3. Yarran
4. Hurley
5. Suban
6. Cornelius
7. M.Walters
8. M.Deboer
9. Mckernan
10. T.Swift

only really know the WA players and look at the best for the other games.
Ranga edrickarama may be up there aswell

M.Marsh goes to my school and were pretty good mates, Please dont ask again if he can be drafted. He is born in december i think and is 16 and a half playing against 18 year olds so give him a break. Played first grade cricket when he was just 15.

Michael Collica it sounds like he is from South freo and plays the wing and has pace and a nice kick. He got into the top 35 or so and was one of the last to be dropped. Expected to be drafted to WCE in 09

Top 10:
1. Naitunai
2. Rich
3. Yarran
4. Hurley
5. Suban
6. Cornelius
7. M.Walters
8. M.Deboer
9. Mckernan
10. T.Swift

Because he's on a NSW scholarship with Geelong i think the cats can put him on their list wihtout using a draft pick or using a very low one.I don't think he'd be up there anyway.

Top 10:
1. Naitunai
2. Rich
3. Yarran
4. Hurley
5. Suban
6. Cornelius
7. M.Walters
8. M.Deboer
9. Mckernan
10. T.Swift

I know who Anthony Collica is, he played most of the game up forward. The kid I am talking about is over 6ft tall, also looks ethnic.

as a richmond supporter in an ideal world & being realistic
richmond 1st round pick........................s.mckernan
2nd .........................j.trengrove
3rd ...........................s.blease

and as a bonus send c.hyde + 4th round pick to fremantle for r.warnock

well i guess the last bit isnt reallistic is it

as a richmond supporter in an ideal world & being realistic
richmond 1st round pick........................s.mckernan
2nd .........................j.trengrove
3rd ...........................s.blease

and as a bonus send c.hyde + 4th round pick to fremantle for r.warnock

well i guess the last bit isnt reallistic is it

Wont Trengove be a first round draft pick? Blease a 3rd Rounder?

yeh i was wondering why theres been no talk on sheahan too??
hes a gun midfielder, really smart, huge work rate, wasnt used much in the vc versus vm game on the ball, dunno why. but hes shown heaps for the bushies in tac. wins hard ball better than any other top 10 prospects ive seen. big interest from afl clubs and could easily slip in top 10. id have him in my top 10 from what ive seen. could say he plays a bit like luke ball but with more skill and smarts.

what about marlon motlop? is he already listed? or showing good signs? heard hes a freak in the mould of cyril rioli

He plays for Port Adelaide in the AFL mate haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trengove might slip , i hope............... but its just a wish list.
i dont think blease will be in the top 20 though
richmond should be focused on getting some 196-200 cm players
Only if they can play, and they're not underage ruckmen who will turn out too short in the AFL, and not good enough to play KPP. We need some tough, skilled players, and no one under 185cm.

I have a feeling Hartlett will go higher than some think on here providing he has a good carnival and stays healthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back