3 ESS - HURLEY
4 WC - SWIFT
5 CARL - WATTS
6 RICH - TRENGROVE
7 ST.K - ZEIBELL
8 PA - HARTLETT
9 COLL - SIDEBOTTOM
10 KANG - YARRAN

I'm surprised to see Rockliff in a few predictions. He was avaliable last year, wasn't he? In what areas has he substantially improved this year to justify being a top 10 candidate?

I'm surprised to see Rockliff in a few predictions. He was avaliable last year, wasn't he? In what areas has he substantially improved this year to justify being a top 10 candidate?

His goal-kicking & contested ball disposals are a feature this year, not sure if he was available last year to be honest, someone might have to look that one up...

Whats the story with McKernan? Is he showing much this year?

Plays similarly to his brother?? Can play either as a kpp or ruckman??

He's born 22/02/90 so last year he would have been just eligible for the draft Bottom age. He is certainly a very good player and reader of the ball .I rate very much in the Steve Johnston for geelong mold he's very clever around goals not sure about top 10 he's a little slower than most (as is johnston) but just so skilled and for mine he nearly won the game for Country against metro i have watched him a couple of times now this year and been very impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need Rich more.

We've got a few young mids that are capable of being inside mids...Monfries, Hocking, Watson, Lonergan, etc...Rich could probably going to end up being better than them, but so what, Laycock is an absolute dud and that's where our problems lie, having someone rotate with Hille succeessfully will be more valuable imo...So what I'm saying is, if we had the number 1 pick, I would not hesitate to choose Naitanui straight away...

Is Mitch Marsh eligible this year or will he be next year? Heard Shaun Marsh on 6PR the other night saying he might consider giving footy a go first even though he earned contract with WACA. The reason being he can always come back to cricket if footy career doesn't work out. He's a big talent but somehow I still think that his brother and old man will influence him to play cricket.

Is Mitch Marsh eligible this year or will he be next year? Heard Shaun Marsh on 6PR the other night saying he might consider giving footy a go first even though he earned contract with WACA. The reason being he can always come back to cricket if footy career doesn't work out. He's a big talent but somehow I still think that his brother and old man will influence him to play cricket.

1 goal and a couple of touches against NSW/ACT, should stick to cricket

1 goal and a couple of touches against NSW/ACT, should stick to cricket

hahahh, may of just had an off day give the guyh a few games to prove his worth

hahahh, may of just had an off day give the guyh a few games to prove his worth

Watched him play in the intra team scratchie they played at Fremantle oval a few weeks ago that earnt Mitch Marsh selection into the squad. He took 2 marks & had 3 kicks. If thats not telling you something about how far a name can get you then nothing is. Its a good ole tug of war between cricket & the AFL. Cricket will probaly get him(thats where he belongs) but footy dont want to lose. I believe South Fremantle were asked to supply 5 or 6 fill ins from their colts due to injuries in the 18's squad & not to risk Naitnaui & Rich, who both only played the first quarter. What I did notice was that a few of the lads Souths supplied did play well but obviusly not sighted.Kid from Souths wearing state guernsey came on in the second quarter and played on the wing and was outstanding, played the remainder of the game. Got alot of the ball, had pace & a beautiful kick of the ball. Don't know his name, obviously the selectors dont either.

1 - Naitanui - Melbourne
2 - Rich - Fremantle
3 - Hurley - West Coast
4 - Suban - Essendon
5 - Sidebottom - Carlton
6 - Walters - Richmond
7 - McKernan - North Melbourne
8 - Swift - St. Kilda
9 - Ziebell - Brisbane
10 - Yarran - Adelaide

1 - Naitanui - Melbourne
2 - Rich - Fremantle
3 - Hurley - West Coast
4 - Suban - Essendon
5 - Sidebottom - Carlton
6 - Walters - Richmond
7 - McKernan - North Melbourne
8 - Swift - St. Kilda
9 - Ziebell - Brisbane
10 - Yarran - Adelaide
I will be annoyed if WC pick another KPP.

We need midfielders.

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 Draft Top 10 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back