2008 FanFooty DT/SC Fanplanner

Remove this Banner Ad

does the prospectus have chad cornes down as a back/mid or just a mid?

The prospectus dosent actully list player prices and possitions, however it does give 4 practice teams and in two of them it has Chad Cornes down as a Back but not once in the Midfield so i would say Back/Midfield going by that.

The exact words were:

"At the time of print I was advised of the salary cap and the prices of all players, however, these prices are subject to change, but any changes would be minimal."

To quantify just how much more difficult 2008 is compared to 2007 I've prepared the following:

A "difficulty" rating can be derived as below. The higher the number the easier the comp:

07 cap/07 multiplier
= 6,900,400/3927
=1757

08 cap/08 multiplier
= 7,431,000/4343
=1711

Therefore comparing 08 to 07:
=1711/1757
= 97.4% (or if you like approx 2.6% harder)

So, to quantify and compare, a score of 2000 in 07 is in 08 now worth:
2000 * 97.4%
= 1947

So in rough terms a 2000 score from last year will drop around 50 points. Feel free to challenge any of the maths, I did this fairly quickly. So, while 08 should be more challenging than 07 it is no quantum leap.

To quantify just how much more difficult 2008 is compared to 2007 I've prepared the following:

A "difficulty" rating can be derived as below. The higher the number the easier the comp:

07 cap/07 multiplier
= 6,900,400/3927
=1757

08 cap/08 multiplier
= 7,431,000/4343
=1711

Therefore comparing 08 to 07:
=1711/1757
= 97.4% (or if you like approx 2.6% harder)

So, to quantify and compare, a score of 2000 in 07 is in 08 now worth:
2000 * 97.4%
= 1947

So in rough terms a 2000 score from last year will drop around 50 points. Feel free to challenge any of the maths, I did this fairly quickly. So, while 08 should be more challenging than 07 it is no quantum leap.
I understand what you are doing here, but it is far too simplistic to quantify difficulty in terms of one measurement alone.

There are several qualitative factors that in reality would impact the difficulty, such as more return from injury cheap players, less injuries during the season, increase in knowledge of the comp etc.

Great site guys. :thumbsu:

Just wondering, I made a team yesterday but can't seem to find it again on my account. Is there a way to do so, or do I have to start again?

click up on 'change team in focus' on the top right hand side.. then click on your team name and you'll find your team there

I understand what you are doing here, but it is far too simplistic to quantify difficulty in terms of one measurement alone.

There are several qualitative factors that in reality would impact the difficulty, such as more return from injury cheap players, less injuries during the season, increase in knowledge of the comp etc.

Correct. I was just trying to help people understand the mechanics of the 08 competition from a numbers perspective. There may well be more players returning from injury which may provide more opportunities (or "baits" if you're in the "Do Not Pick Up Returning Injureds" camp). However, assuming the pool of 713 players provides on the whole similar opportunites to 07 then the maths above should help to explain Virtualsports tweaking of the competition. Possibly this is their reaction to the criticism of the comp being too easy last year.

Correct. I was just trying to help people understand the mechanics of the 08 competition from a numbers perspective. There may well be more players returning from injury which may provide more opportunities (or "baits" if you're in the "Do Not Pick Up Returning Injureds" camp). However, assuming the pool of 713 players provides on the whole similar opportunites to 07 then the maths above should help to explain Virtualsports tweaking of the competition. Possibly this is their reaction to the criticism of the comp being too easy last year.

there is only one way to make DT harder and bring it back to its glory days.

Bring it back to the trading only during the split round.

Makes it bloody hard to choose a team that will be competitive for 11 rounds.

Back then it was a gem of a game. Now if i stuff up my lineup i can have it good by 4 rounds.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I think with the introduction of 3 leagues (hopefully DT) and the less money available, the average score of the comp will drop. This is definitely a good thing.

there is only one way to make DT harder and bring it back to its glory days.

Bring it back to the trading only during the split round.

Makes it bloody hard to choose a team that will be competitive for 11 rounds.

Back then it was a gem of a game. Now if i stuff up my lineup i can have it good by 4 rounds.

I agree with you but with so many injuries, you could be screwed after 6 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monty i really think you should have K. Tippett as a R/F rather than just a F. He is 200cm. You have James Sellar who is 195cm as a R/F. Sorry i'd just like to have Tippett as a reserve ruck, hehe. :eek:. But i do think that he will be down as R or a R/F in the real thing. Cheers.

James Sellar was a ruck / forward last year, and he didn't play any games last year, so I wouldn't of thought it would change...

Monty i really think you should have K. Tippett as a R/F rather than just a F. He is 200cm. You have James Sellar who is 195cm as a R/F. Sorry i'd just like to have Tippett as a reserve ruck, hehe. :eek:. But i do think that he will be down as R or a R/F in the real thing. Cheers.
Tippett was a forward last year, and I haven't heard anything about this year yet.

Not sure if this has been covered but prospectus has John Meeson down as $91,200(eg team) and Fan footy planner has $84,700. Will this make any difference to many teams?

Monty thanks for all your work with FF, you are a legend!

Am I right in thinking that Cotchin's price should be $119,500 rather than $123,100?

Cheers Mate

Remove this Banner Ad

2008 FanFooty DT/SC Fanplanner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back