2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of those first 15 mids would you see him getting in instead of?

1. Montagna
2. Ablett
3. Judd
4. Hayes
5. Dal Santo
6. Selwood
7. Sewell
Pendlebury
9. Boyd
10. Murphy
11. Mitchell
12. Watson

13. Bartel
14. Swan
15. Edwards

Them for starters. Jackson has yet to be beaten and he has played on the opps best mid fielder in every game. and he doesnt just negate, he averages 23.4 touches 5 tackles 3.8 clearences and 3.5 inside 50`s not bad for a so called tagger. Watch him do a job on Montagna next round

Them for starters. Jackson has yet to be beaten and he has played on the opps best mid fielder in every game. and he doesnt just negate, he averages 23.4 touches 5 tackles 3.8 clearences and 3.5 inside 50`s not bad for a so called tagger. Watch him do a job on Montagna next round
Just for starters. You make it sound like he might be ahead of guys like Selwood and Dal Santo and level with the top 4.

From the Dogs who should be close

Matty Boyd another great season has had no less then 20 touches per game.

Daniel Cross same as Boyd only 1 game less then 20 touches

Dale Morris hasn't been beaten, has to be very close to the best 6 backs in the comp.

Liam Picken?? is there a better stopper going around ATM, Prob wont make it but worth a look.

As for Cooney Higgins Griffen will depend on their 2nd half of the seasons

Don't know about all season but having watched the doggies games recently, i'm very impressed with Giansiracusa. Perfect disosal and sets up many scoring opportunities. Very dangerous underrated footballer! Also impressed with big Will Minson, really coming of age!

On the last month, Richard Tambling would be a "certainty" according to FC last night :thumbsu:

Shows how far he has come if anything.

Daniel Jackson will be in the first squad and that is a given, and I wouldn’t be surprised he makes the final. His List of scalps this year is sensational. (as a tagger hasn’t been beaten and averages 24 touches) Interesting tonight on footy classified, it was unanimous that if the AA was picked on the last months form alone Richard Tambling would be a certainty. Long way to go yet for it to take shape.

What? I wouldn't go that far. He's not in the best 13 mids so and definitely not in the actual AA team.

Murphy, Edwards, Bartel as a bare minimum.

1. Montagna
2. Ablett
3. Judd
4. Hayes
5. Dal Santo
6. Selwood
7. Sewell
8. Pendlebury
9. Boyd
10. Murphy
11. Mitchell
12. Watson
13. Bartel
14. Swan
15. Edwards

Jackson has been a standout for the Tiges this year, no doubt. But to say that based on the 1st 12 rounds that he is more deserving of an AA spot ahead of Marc Murphy is pure nonsense.

Mark Murphy 2009
Average Disposals 25.3
Average Marks: 4.7
Average Tackles 4.5
Average Contested possesions: 8.25
Average Clearances 3.8
Average Inside 50: 4.3
Goals: 16 (average 1.3)
As well as at least 3-4 BOG (or close to BOG) performances.

The only area that Jackson is ahead is tackles (by 0.5%)

Murphy has been one of the AFL's top 10 damaging offensive mids this year and his seasons form should not be compared to a negating tagger type mid IMO.

Even Tarrant is ahead of him at this stage.

What a joke, an absolute joke. Bock is three times the palye Tarrant is at CHB.

Gerrard Mike and James were talking about Bock last night and how to stop his run. You can guarantee he will be in the squad at least if GH is talking about him.

What a joke, an absolute joke. Bock is three times the palye Tarrant is at CHB.

Gerrard Mike and James were talking about Bock last night and how to stop his run. You can guarantee he will be in the squad at least if GH is talking about him.
There are other players in the competition Jars. The game doesn't stand still and wait for Bock to reclaim his position in the AA team. He has missed four games and was poor against Geelong. So he is 5 games behind the top few. But because he is the best when playing I'd have him a bit closer to the others. So no it's not a joke. Yes by the end of the season Bock will probably be ahead of most but at the moment, he's not. If you have watched games not involving Adelaide you would know Tarrant has been very good.

Gilbert Scarlett C.Bolton
Enright Fisher Goddard
Dal Santo Judd Montagna
Johnson Riewoldt Chapman
Davis Fevola Brown
Sandilands Hayes Ablett
Int- Cox, Swan, Pavlich, Selwood/Bartel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you base your assesment on the quality of games he or anyone else plays?
My head. I hate stats. He has started being influential in games over the past 4 weeks. That's why on Footy Classified they only mentioned him this week. If he had been playing in AA form before that they would have mentioned him before this week. It's often hard to rate players who have been average for a few years and then make the jump to being a very good player. You can often overate their improvement and chuck them into AA contention. Realistically I think he is already to far behind the other contenders but if he keeps improving like he has the past few weeks then Richmond might finally get their money back on the high draft pick.

Haha, just checked Tambling's wikipedia page:

"However, criticism followed as lower draft pick Lance Franklin (pick number five that year) has become a superstar of the competition but is fading fast whist Tambling has struggled is now emerging as a superstar. Richmond got it right."

From the Dogs who should be close

Matty Boyd another great season has had no less then 20 touches per game.

Daniel Cross same as Boyd only 1 game less then 20 touches

Dale Morris hasn't been beaten, has to be very close to the best 6 backs in the comp.

Liam Picken?? is there a better stopper going around ATM, Prob wont make it but worth a look.

As for Cooney Higgins Griffen will depend on their 2nd half of the seasons

Boyd should if he continues his good form. Cross has been actually a bit ordinary this year with the game on the weekend being his best. Morris is also down a bit from last year and has definately been beaten, Reiwoldt was BOG with Morris on him and S.Johnson kicked 5 goals on him, Bolten has been better. Picken is nowhere near it.

Boyd, Higgins and Aker would be only chances at this stage.

Boyd should if he continues his good form. Cross has been actually a bit ordinary this year with the game on the weekend being his best. Morris is also down a bit from last year and has definately been beaten, Reiwoldt was BOG with Morris on him and S.Johnson kicked 5 goals on him, Bolten has been better. Picken is nowhere near it.

Boyd, Higgins and Aker would be only chances at this stage.
That's a good summary. Also add Gia to the slight chances.

All of you Victorians seriously don't follow whats going on outside of your state do you.

Nathan Bock is by far the best CHB in the competitiion and is having another very good season.

Porplysia is going to go close to kicking 50 goals from half forward as is Chris Knights.

While Scott Thompson and Tyson Edwards are averaging close to 30 possesion a game.

Now I don't expect all four to make it but at least give them a mention.

When Bock is playing he's the best. Fisher, Bolton and Tarrant would be ahead on number of games played, plus they have been in very good form themselves. That's how I rank and rate players, but some might choose to ignore how many games they have played.
Porplyzia would probably be in the squad now. Edwards and Thompson in the the top 15 midfielders so they would be pushing. Knights has only come into contention over the past 4-5 weeks. Before that he wasn't in AA form. I'd say Rutten has been very good as well.

Bock has missed four matches this year with the following stats

If he ends up playing 18 games plus finals with these kind of stats from CHB. He has to be NO 1 for CHB

Once again I couldn't give a crap what stats. You reckon he will be in the team, that's your opinion. But if you're judging who to pick in defence on number of kicks then everyone has become to engulfed in the world of dreamteam and supercoach points.
If we use stats as a guide then Joel Bowden would be first picked in the backline.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back