2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about your backline or Roughead.
In all the games i have seen this year Roughead has looked much better than buddy, without getting the reward for it. Hawks go through buddy much more than roughead. taking the amount of opportunities he has had, he has been better than buddy(who was next in line). Which players in ther backline do you disagree with? Sam Fisher is not a true key defender that is why i went with a key defender in presti. It was between Ray and gilbert for the HBF spot.

In all the games i have seen this year Roughead has looked much better than buddy, without getting the reward for it. Hawks go through buddy much more than roughead. taking the amount of opportunities he has had, he has been better than buddy(who was next in line). Which players in ther backline do you disagree with? Sam Fisher is not a true key defender that is why i went with a key defender in presti. It was between Ray and gilbert for the HBF spot.
Even as a Saints fan I wouldn't put Ray on the HBF mate. Davey, Gilbert, Enright, S. Fisher and maybe Hurn or Duffield would be ahead of him. I'd have them all above Lovett too.

Even as a Saints fan I wouldn't put Ray on the HBF mate. Davey, Gilbert, Enright, S. Fisher and maybe Hurn or Duffield would be ahead of him. I'd have them all above Lovett too.
Not sure why people are still naming Davey. His last month or so has been average, and it appears teams have him worked out now. Amazed you left out Enright, who could possibly challenge Ablett and Johnson for our B&F this year.

Probably right, haven't seen much of the saints this year but from what i have seen, Ray has been in the best. Ditto with essendon and lovett.

Not sure why people are still naming Davey. His last month or so has been average, and it appears teams have him worked out now. Amazed you left out Enright, who could possibly challenge Ablett and Johnson for our B&F this year.
yeah and Riewoldt's first few weeks were average (well ok first 3 games, I'm sure there's a better example out there) but you wouldn't exclude him based on that.

Davey's had some meh games recently but it's easy to fall into the trap of putting more weight on the last month's of performances than the entire year before that. I don't have him in my team but he's still well in the mix imo.

While we're at it... WATSON FOR AA.

I'm going to continue with this all year. Watch Watson tear Carlton a new one tonight.
Having a very good season and the only real chance from the Bombers for AA this year. Winderlich, Lovett, Stanton, Dempsey and Ryder have been good but behind others.
I hope you're not serious.
No he's not.

B. Prestongacomo , Scarlett , Drummond
HB. Davey , Tarrant , Goddard
C. Goodes , Judd , Dalsanto
HF. Davis , Reiwolt , Chapman
F. S.Jhonson , Fevola , Brown
R. Sandilands , Ablett , Montagna

B. Pavlich , Swan , Pendlebury , Selwood

Based purely on this year's form, i find it hard to fathom that Cox could make the AA Team. I think there would be at least 2, possibly 3 ruckman ahead of him this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B. Prestongacomo , Scarlett , Drummond
HB. Davey , Tarrant , Goddard
C. Goodes , Judd , Dalsanto
HF. Davis , Reiwolt , Chapman
F. S.Jhonson , Fevola , Brown
R. Sandilands , Ablett , Montagna

B. Pavlich , Swan , Pendlebury , Selwood
Sounds like an Italian restaurant in Preston.
Good team though. Wouldn't pick Pavlich though. The power forwards haven't been good enough to warrant 4 in the AA team. Hayes should probably in the team.

Sounds like an Italian restaurant in Preston.
Good team though. Wouldn't pick Pavlich though. The power forwards haven't been good enough to warrant 4 in the AA team. Hayes should probably in the team.

A poor one at that!

I wouldn't be picking Pav or Hayes.

Cam Cloke and Aaron Joseph.

2009 All-Australian Duds

B. D.Bell (MEL) , S.Thornton (FRE) , J.King (RIC)
HB. A.Carlile (P.ADE) , L.Fisher (ST.K) , P.Wheatley (MEL)
C. J.Carr (P.ADE) , L.Ablett (SYD) , M.Nicoski (WCE)
HF. T.Boyle (HAW) , H.Playfair (SYD) , C.Jones (N.MEL)
F. C.Wood (COLL) , N.Gill (ADEL) , K.Pettifer (RIC)
R. J.Laycock (ESS) , T.Johnstone (BRIS) , K.Tenace (GEEL)

Bench. A.Walker (CARL) , S.Rusling (COLL) , T.Simmonds (RICH) , W.Skipper (W.BD)

Coach: Terry Wallace

B. D.Bell (MEL) , S.Thornton (FRE) , J.King (RIC)
HB. A.Carlile (P.ADE) , L.Fisher (ST.K) , P.Wheatley (MEL)
C. J.Carr (P.ADE) , L.Ablett (SYD) , M.Nicoski (WCE)
HF. T.Boyle (HAW) , H.Playfair (SYD) , C.Jones (N.MEL)
F. C.Wood (COLL) , N.Gill (ADEL) , K.Pettifer (RIC)
R. J.Laycock (ESS) , T.Johnstone (BRIS) , K.Tenace (GEEL)

Bench. A.Walker (CARL) , S.Rusling (COLL) , T.Simmonds (RICH) , W.Skipper (W.BD)

Coach: Terry Wallace
Probably the best team so far. But I wouldn't include Carlile in that team because he has actually been ok this season.

replacement?
lol its a good effort dude, but carlile is the best young fb in the game (which raises a question in itself - why is he on the HBF?)

if you want that type of player, try nathan brown (coll).

or if you want an actual HBFer, try carrazzo (although he wasnt carlton's worst tonight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back