2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And after them Fisher, Bock, Tarrant and a few others would all have something to say about Pears' inclusion. Doesn't mean that it hasn't been an outstanding break-out year for young Tayte.

And after them Fisher, Bock, Tarrant and a few others would all have something to say about Pears' inclusion. Doesn't mean that it hasn't been an outstanding break-out year for young Tayte.
Exactly. If he continues his improvement over the next few years he will probably look back on his career with a few AA selections.

Anyone still interested in Tarrant for All-Australian selection? Just got four goals kicked on him with half a quarter to go.

Ok then. But his first half of the season warranted him being in contention. This was obviously the first time you have watched Freo this season.
Nope, I've only seen three Freo games. My opinion on this subject shouldn't be taken seriously, I was obviously trolling after a great Collingwood win. :);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Ryder's consistent good form since Anzac Day given him an outside chance?
An outside chance. Cox has struggled lately with form and injury, but I still have him as the starting ruckman. Sandilands would be backup now after his performance today. Then Jolly just ahead of McIntosh, who is ahead of Ryder.

You do realise it's based on the whole season. If Presti gets 6 kicked on him next week I'm not going to say 'Is anyone still interested in Presti for All-Australian selection?'.

Its admirable that you keep supporting Tarrant but reality is that Bock who had another excellent game today is way ahead of Tarrant.

An outside chance. Cox has struggled lately with form and injury, but I still have him as the starting ruckman. Sandilands would be backup now after his performance today. Then Jolly just ahead of McIntosh, who is ahead of Ryder.

Last week when they were discussing the possible AA team at the half way mark of the season on foxsports they mentioned Ryder along with the guys listed above. Given that 2 of the guys commentating are part of the selecetion committee i reckon he is certainly in calculation at the moment if only an outside chance. Another good game last night. He is cleary the best young ruckman in the competition but maybe still a season or 2 away from AA.

Last week when they were discussing the possible AA team at the half way mark of the season on foxsports they mentioned Ryder along with the guys listed above. Given that 2 of the guys commentating are part of the selecetion committee i reckon he is certainly in calculation at the moment if only an outside chance. Another good game last night. He is cleary the best young ruckman in the competition but maybe still a season or 2 away from AA.
No doubt he has been very good in the ruck but he is still an outside chance in my opinion. Others might have him of the players I mentioned in my initial post, but he is a few games and overall performances behind. It will be interesting to see what Knights does with him when Hille returns from injury. Ryder is the typical future prototype for the ruck position. Clark, Kreuzer and Natanui have shown how the future ruckmen need to play. Hille is the old style ruckman and could replace one of Lloyd or Lucas (whoever retires first) as a key position forward.

Its admirable that you keep supporting Tarrant but reality is that Bock who had another excellent game today is way ahead of Tarrant.

Didn't play on anyone. I'd take my best defender having 4 kicked on him in a hiding if he played on the opposition's best forward. Can't hold that against him. Today's game for Bock was a nothing performance in that yes he collected plenty of the ball and beat his man, but he played on noone and his side won.

You do realise it's based on the whole season. If Presti gets 6 kicked on him next week I'm not going to say 'Is anyone still interested in Presti for All-Australian selection?'.

If it happened once, no you wouldn't. But once or twice more on top of that before the end of the season, and he'd be no chance for AA. After all, a FB like Presti, all he has to his repotoir is his defence and if he isn't immaculate in that area then he's just a very avergae player.

Personally I don't think he should be an AA. The season Hudghton had in 2008, was the equal of or better than anyone in terms of stopping on the year and he didn't make it despite some amazing performances. Presti hasn't WOWED me yet with a game.

If it happened once, no you wouldn't. But once or twice more on top of that before the end of the season, and he'd be no chance for AA. After all, a FB like Presti, all he has to his repotoir is his defence and if he isn't immaculate in that area then he's just a very avergae player.

Personally I don't think he should be an AA. The season Hudghton had in 2008, was the equal of or better than anyone in terms of stopping on the year and he didn't make it despite some amazing performances. Presti hasn't WOWED me yet with a game.
Good point with your first statement. I agree it would be hard to pick him if it happened more than once or twice but I was just pointing out that the AA selection isn't won or lost on one performance.
In regards to your second statement I don't think Presti will ever wow someone with his performances. I can understand if people pick a defender who has an attacking side to his game, but he is the arguably the best stopper in the league so I guess he should be seriously considered for the AA team.

I would have Bocky competing with Craig Bolton and since he has missed the last couple, I would put Bocky just ahead. If Bocky doesn't get injured for the rest of the year, you can pencil him in. Easily the 2nd best defender in the comp and may be even rivalling Scarlett - he doesn't get beaten very often and provides a lot more run than Scarlett.

I would have Bocky competing with Craig Bolton and since he has missed the last couple, I would put Bocky just ahead. If Bocky doesn't get injured for the rest of the year, you can pencil him in. Easily the 2nd best defender in the comp and may be even rivalling Scarlett - he doesn't get beaten very often and provides a lot more run than Scarlett.
Scarlett has a man 100% of the time though. Bock has had a couple of games as the loose man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back