2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about right.
O'Brian - would be a travesty if he is in the AA team (Enright or Drummond by miles)
Presti - I wouldn't mind him in the team but i would entertain the Brian Lake, Darren Glass or Truck Rutton arguments in his place.
Davis - The ONLY Magpie automatic selection
Pendlebury - Would take Selwood in his spot in a second, others in front of Pendlebunny are Boyd, Goodes, Bartel oh and this bloke named Black.
Swan - again wouldn't mind him in the team but i would entertain arguments involving the few names above maybe throw Cross and Kirk's names in there.

The fact the you have 1 bulldog player (probably the one that wont be making the team) and only 3 non victorian players makes me wonder if you watch many games that dont involve the Pies.

Clearly you pay no attention to FB's if you are willing to entertain arguments for Lake, Glass and Rutten ahead of Presti. None have been in Presti's ball- park thus far.

Maybe only St Kilda and Geelong players should make up the whole All-Aussie team. Undefeated.

Maybe only St Kilda and Geelong players should make up the whole All-Aussie team. Undefeated.

B: Sam Gilbert - Matthew Scarlett - Zac Dawson
HB: Corey Enright - Sam Fisher - Brendan Goddard
C: Leigh Montagna - Joel Selwood - Nick Dal Santo
HF: Paul Chapman - Nick Riewoldt - Travis Varcoe
F: Steve Johnson - Justin Koschitzke - Shannon Byrnes
R: Michael Gardiner - Lenny Hayes - Gary Ablett
INT: Joel Corey - Jimmy Bartel - Farren Ray - James Kelly

Apart from the interchange there are 7 changes from the actual team. 5 if you don't include Selwood and Goddard who just come off the bench from the actual team.

B: Sam Gilbert; Matthew Scarlett; Zac Dawson
HB: Corey Enright; Sam Fisher; Brendan Goddard
C: Leigh Montagna; Joel Selwood; Nick Dal Santo
HF: Paul Chapman; Nick Riewoldt; Travis Varcoe
F: Steve Johnson; Justin Koschitzke; Shannon Byrnes
R: Michael Gardiner; Lenny Hayes; Gary Ablett
INT: Joel Corey; Jimmy Bartel; Farren Ray; James Kelly

Hawkins unlucky.

Here's mine for what it's worth:

F: Le Cras Brown S.Johnson
HF: Davis Riewoldt Goodes
C: Montagna Judd Swan
HB: Fisher Bock Goddard
B: Presti Scarlett Enright
R: Sandilands Ablett Hayes

I/C: Jolly Watson Chapman Duffield

Emer: Selwood Cox Davey Higgins

C.Bolton, Pendlebury, Rioli, Sewell, Porplyzia all unlucky (the first 3 unlukcy due to their injuries)

Here's mine for what it's worth:

F: Le Cras Brown S.Johnson
HF: Davis Riewoldt Goodes
C: Montagna Judd Swan
HB: Fisher Bock Goddard
B: Presti Scarlett Enright
R: Sandilands Ablett Hayes

I/C: Jolly Watson Chapman Duffield

Emer: Selwood Cox Davey Higgins

C.Bolton, Pendlebury, Rioli, Sewell, Porplyzia all unlucky (the first 3 unlukcy due to their injuries)

Porplyzia is the type of player who has been on the fringes for an All- Australian selection for the past 1-2 seasons. With the genuine lack of quality goalkicking small- forwards, his proven match- winning ability will most likely see him selected ahead of a LeCras, who kicks goals but isn't as dynamic as Porps and I don't think has the same impact on the outcome of games.

How is Bartel in any AA side? He has disappointed me this year. Has obviously been a solid midfielder, but not AA standard at all.

Have I missed something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B Simon Prestigiacomo, Matthew Scarlett, Sam Gilbert
HB Brendan Goddard, Craig Bolton, Rhyce Shaw
C Dane Swan, Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna
HF Steve Johnson, Nick Riewoldt, Ryan O'Keefe
F Paul Chapman, Jonathon Brown, Brendan Fevola
R Dean Cox, Gary Ablett Jnr, Chris Judd
INT Marc Murphy, Shane Tuck, Nick Dal Santo, Aaron Sandilands
EMG Aaron Davey, Leon Davis, Scott Pendelbury

B Simon Prestigiacomo, Matthew Scarlett, Sam Gilbert
HB Brendan Goddard, Craig Bolton, Rhyce Shaw
C Dane Swan, Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna
HF Steve Johnson, Nick Riewoldt, Ryan O'Keefe
F Paul Chapman, Jonathon Brown, Brendan Fevola
R Dean Cox, Gary Ablett Jnr, Chris Judd
INT Marc Murphy, Shane Tuck, Nick Dal Santo, Aaron Sandilands
EMG Aaron Davey, Leon Davis, Scott Pendelbury

Has been very good for the last 7 matches but had an extremely slow start. A lot of fans were seriously questioning his form, especially after asking to be traded last year. Enright or Drummond are definitely ahead of Shaw in my opinion, but he would be in the pack chasing them. Are you a Swans fan in disguise?

Has been very good for the last 7 matches but had an extremely slow start. A lot of fans were seriously questioning his form, especially after asking to be traded last year. Enright or Drummond are definitely ahead of Shaw in my opinion, but he would be in the pack chasing them. Are you a Swans fan in disguise?
nah im a richmond fan, he is very improved player and is kicking wicked. He is fast and is a good runner. O'Keefe is infleuscial, Shaw leads rebounds in the AFL

If O'Keefe keeps up his sensational form til the end of the season, he would have to be pushing very hard for at least a bench spot i reckon. He has just been that good for us that if he kept that form up it would almost cancel out the early season form.

Atm i dont think he would find a spot in an AA side (after 13 rounds) but after 22 rounds i reckon he is a great chance, provided he is still showing this great form.

If O'Keefe keeps up his sensational form til the end of the season, he would have to be pushing very hard for at least a bench spot i reckon. He has just been that good for us that if he kept that form up it would almost cancel out the early season form.

Atm i dont think he would find a spot in an AA side (after 13 rounds) but after 22 rounds i reckon he is a great chance, provided he is still showing this great form.
Bock and Didak are in the same boat. All 3 are behind because of missed games or form but they have been in very good form recently and will push for selection at the end of the season. O'Keefe and Didak would have to be extremely impressive though. Competition is tight on the HF line. I know they have both played in the middle a lot but if they were selected they would go on the HF line.

Andrew Lovett on a HFF. Averaging 21 disposals and over 1 goal per game. On top of that, he is equal fifth in the league for running bounces.
Higgins, Chapman, Davis and Goodes are ahead. I had Lovett in conention for a HF spot but a few Bomber fans got pissed because they said he should be in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back