2009 All-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swan hasn't kicked as many goals as Goodes, but he is leading the AFL in score assists, and as mentioned above, is third for inside 50s. He lacks class compared to Dal Santo, Goodes and Montagna, but the only midfielder that's truly more damaging amongst that group is Ablett - it's only perception that suggests otherwise - he's so much more effective than he looks.
Probably, I just don't like him much. I wouldn't be a good judge of Swan.

Probably, I just don't like him much. I wouldn't be a good judge of Swan.

I don't blame you. He's a bit of enigma, Swan. He just doesn't look like a good footballer or a natural athlete, but I'm very happy that reality doesn't always match perception.

Ahhh yes...memories.

I remember the days ...it was early season when i was just a nipper..season had hardly started and a sprightly Presti was killing it so i named him at FB once or twice in the weekly team.

Ohhhhh the grief i got for that.

PRESTI !!!! ???? wtf !! u idiot !!!

:D

Ahhh yes...memories.

I remember the days ...it was early season when i was just a nipper..season had hardly started and a sprightly Presti was killing it so i named him at FB once or twice in the weekly team.

Ohhhhh the grief i got for that.

PRESTI !!!! ???? wtf !! u idiot !!!

:D

It was pretty funny. How many 'he gets crap dreamteam points' arguments were there?

It was pretty funny. How many 'he gets crap dreamteam points' arguments were there?

Nahh.. suprisingly no comments about his classical 28's in dreamteam. Actually i think he broke his record with a 60 odd not long ago :eek:

From memory it was more about Scarlett and Glass i think...i know i got one pm from a Geelong fan telling me to "open my #%$#'n eyes" to Scarlett and that i must be a closet pies fan lol. Then i think i named Scarlett FB the following week and got told by others i only picked Scarlett coz of reputation lol :thumbsu: Great fun doing it though

B: Gilbert Scarlett *Surjan*
HB: Davey Bock Hurn
C: Dal Santo Hayes Montagna
HF: S.Johnson N.Riewoldt Chapman
F: L.Davis J.Brown Lecras
R: Sandilands Ablett Swan
Int: Cox Judd Goodes Goddard

Surjan in stars because I have really rated this season and is a genuine Back Pocketer, Feel as if I am being Bias but haven't seen another Back Pocket be best on ground each week for there side for the whole year!

My All Australian team:

B: Gilbert Scarlett Presti
HB: Goddard Fisher? Obrien
C: Dal Santo Hayes Montagna
HF: Johnson Riewoldt Lecras
F: Davis Brown Chapman
R: Sandilands Ablett Swan
Int: Cox Judd Pendlebury Higgins

wow only 5 Pies, something wrong with your one eye mate?

surely;
Cloke over Riewoldt
Fraser over Sandi
Goldsacks over Scarlett

only 5 AA's?? WTF it's not enough due to the great season the Pies have had with beating like, one of the current top eight teams this year. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow only 5 Pies, something wrong with your one eye mate?

surely;
Cloke over Riewoldt
Fraser over Sandi
Goldsacks over Scarlett

only 5 AA's?? WTF it's not enough due to the great season the Pies have had with beating like, one of the current top eight teams this year. :rolleyes:

can you tell me who to replace the pies with because all 5 have had great seasons the only iffy one has been obrien but he has harldy been beaten this year

can you tell me who to replace the pies with because all 5 have had great seasons the only iffy one has been obrien but he has harldy been beaten this year
O'Brien - Enright or Drummond definitely. Maybe Duffield but I almost put O'Brien into the squad at his expense.
Presti - that's ok
Davis - that's ok
Pendlebury - Selwood, Boyd or Goodes. Being injured as well means he will fall away.
Swan - As above, but I can understand his selection.

O'Brien - Enright or Drummond definitely. Maybe Duffield but I almost put O'Brien into the squad at his expense.
Presti - that's ok
Davis - that's ok
Pendlebury - Selwood, Boyd or Goodes. Being injured as well means he will fall away.
Swan - As above, but I can understand his selection.

This is about right.
O'Brian - would be a travesty if he is in the AA team (Enright or Drummond by miles)
Presti - I wouldn't mind him in the team but i would entertain the Brian Lake, Darren Glass or Truck Rutton arguments in his place.
Davis - The ONLY Magpie automatic selection
Pendlebury - Would take Selwood in his spot in a second, others in front of Pendlebunny are Boyd, Goodes, Bartel oh and this bloke named Black.
Swan - again wouldn't mind him in the team but i would entertain arguments involving the few names above maybe throw Cross and Kirk's names in there.

The fact the you have 1 bulldog player (probably the one that wont be making the team) and only 3 non victorian players makes me wonder if you watch many games that dont involve the Pies.

Will be very surprised if Chapman doesn't make it. Another probable two-Brownlow-vote game yesterday (only behind G. Ablett) and will easily be top 2 or 3 in our B&F to date. Has missed two games through injury but has been superb all season.

Averaging 27.9 disposals, 7 marks, 2 tackles and 1.6 goals a game this year.

Will be very surprised if Chapman doesn't make it. Another probable two-Brownlow-vote game yesterday (only behind G. Ablett) and will easily be top 2 or 3 in our B&F to date. Has missed two games through injury but has been superb all season.
In my opinion, it's between Chapman, Ablett, Enright, Selwood and Scarlett. I'd actually tip Enright to win the Geelong B & F at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcRX8761Hv4

just watching through some AFL 2009 draft prospects and came across this video.
does this kid look like a chance to make AFL and would he be worth recruiting? his agression in his tackling especially appears second to none.
Yeah he's ok. I use to go to a few TAC level matches when I lived in Melbourne and it's hard to pick the gun players until they play in the state carnival. I saw Chris Knights tons of times for Eastern and I didn't think he was that good, so I have no idea really. He played pretty well for Metro though, so it's normally the best guide. What does this have to do with this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back