Review 2009 Draft Revisted: Your Wish Lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Daft Picks 10, 24, 26 & 33

I think we need one more young tall moving forward and agree with Ant Talia would be a very good pick at 10, but if we do go a midfielder this is my order of preference for the ones I mention

Lucas (if he drops, big wish)
Stevens
Cunnington
Colyer
Melksham
Tapscott

also very intrigued with Troy Taylor, also his stock could be rising by the day, was mentioned at late to rookier early on, but Port could take him at 16.

Sam Fisher was taken with Pick #55.

Sam Gilbert started playing Aussie Rules at the age of 14. Hardly all his life. :rolleyes:

Kurt Tippett, Mitch Clark, Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Ryder, Tayte Pears, Michael Hurley, Scott Gumbleton, Cale Hooker, Nathan Brown, Tom Hawkins, Beau Dowler, Max Bailey, Jack Watts, Stefan Martin, Matthew Warnock, Lachlan Hansen, Scott Thompson, Shane Mumford, Alipate Carlile, Tyrone Vickery, Jayden Post, Ben McEvoy, Jesse White, Nic Naitanui and Eric Mackenzie are all players I would have before Hampson and Goldstein.

Sam Fisher was taken with Pick #55.

Sam Gilbert started playing Aussie Rules at the age of 14. Hardly all his life. :rolleyes:

Kurt Tippett, Mitch Clark, Lachie Henderson, Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Ryder, Tayte Pears, Michael Hurley, Scott Gumbleton, Cale Hooker, Nathan Brown, Tom Hawkins, Beau Dowler, Max Bailey, Jack Watts, Stefan Martin, Matthew Warnock, Lachlan Hansen, Scott Thompson, Shane Mumford, Alipate Carlile, Tyrone Vickery, Jayden Post, Ben McEvoy, Jesse White, Nic Naitanui and Eric Mackenzie are all players I would have before Hampson and Goldstein.

Ok so Gilbert played 4 years of footy before being drafted. This is exactly the type of player we should look at. A late bloomer, who has huge potential.

Ok I will break that list down.
Henderson, has shown glimpses to suggest he will be good.
Cale Hooker I think will develop into a good honest player, but not as good as the other two.
Nathan Brown- 1 good season, now a VFL player.
Beau Dowler- do not rate
Max Bailey- Talented, but he has had like 4 knee reconstructions.
Scott Thompson- 23 and a half.
Eric Mackenzie. Do not rate, can stop but cannot kick at all.

Ok so Gilbert played 4 years of footy before being drafted. This is exactly the type of player we should look at. A late bloomer, who has huge potential.

Ok I will break that list down.
Henderson, has shown glimpses to suggest he will be good.
Cale Hooker I think will develop into a good honest player, but not as good as the other two.
Nathan Brown- 1 good season, now a VFL player.
Beau Dowler- do not rate
Max Bailey- Talented, but he has had like 4 knee reconstructions.
Scott Thompson- 23 and a half.
Eric Mackenzie. Do not rate, can stop but cannot kick at all.

There's that word...potential..UPSIDE!!!!11

Lol at your list as well - Nathan Brown is a gun and would walk into Essendon's line up.

Cale Hooker has shown just as much as most KPP in his age group

Dowler will become a very solid player.

How about we look at players who can kick, handpass and know where to run instead of being able to jump 5ft

Im liking the idea of Troy Taylor as well.... any chance he will last to our pick #24 or should the club take a risk and pick him up at #10??

There will definately be sliders in this draft... if only Tapscott was one of them. Would love to see this boy in red and black next year but seems certain to be in Port colours.

From the general bigfooty perspective it seems that we are a chance of either Lucas Tapscott or Rohan sliding to us as KPF is likely to be picked up by Port and rumours that Jetta to Wce at 7.

Out of these who would you ideally prefer?

Yep would be great if Lucas slipped through to us, pretty good dilemma for the Eagles to have; Jetta or Lucas!

Pick 10

Assumed:

[FONT=&quot]JACK TRENGOVE[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]TOM SCULLY [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DUSTIN MARTIN [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ANTHONY MORABITO [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BEN CUNNINGTON[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
JOHN BUTCHER [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]KANE LUCAS[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]GARY ROHAN[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LUKE TAPSCOTT [/FONT]

are all gone by pick 10. who do you pick?

Clearly if Lewis Jetta goes at Pick 7. Then someone like Tapscott will drop to #10 and you can snag him.

But if these top 9 picks are all gone who do you go with?

Personally I like Troy Taylor because he could become something.
Other options Lewis Jetta (You already have one Jetta and don't consider him in your best 22, so I can's see this Jetta being there either).
Daniel Talia (Best key defender in the draft)
Jake Carlisle (Key position player can play either end)
Brad Sheppard (Running defender)
Kobe Stevens (Hard at it mid, considered to be in the 12-20 range, bit overrated on bigfooty)
Jake Melksham (Had a great grand final, but not a top 10 quality guy)
Andrew Moore (Utility)
Aaron Black (Late blooming key position player)
Nathan Vardy (Big bodied ruckman, though not more 25 quality than top 10, will go around pick 18 most likely)
Ryan Bastinac (Damaging disposal, more top 15-25 range)
Allen Christiansen (Could be available at pick 24, rate him a prospect who would go around pick 21)
Jack Fitzpatrick (Work in progress ruck prospect. Athletic)
Ben Griffiths (Monster key position player)
Mitch Duncan (Half forward flanker with good skills)

Just interested to know who Essendon supporters would want in this likely scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek::eek: wow..

Stefan Martin one of the top 20 KPP prospects. He's 23 and not that good. Heck I'll take a stab and say he won't be playing AFL in 3 years.
:eek: I didn't realise that until now.

Wow, considering he's older than Buddy, he's suddenly a lot less impressive.

Im liking the idea of Troy Taylor as well.... any chance he will last to our pick #24 or should the club take a risk and pick him up at #10??

There will definately be sliders in this draft... if only Tapscott was one of them. Would love to see this boy in red and black next year but seems certain to be in Port colours.

Have you ever seen Troy Taylor play? Very overrated player. You would be a complete idiot to take him at pick 10

Have you ever seen Troy Taylor play? Very overrated player. You would be a complete idiot to take him at pick 10

Agreed, an "in between" player. Might be a decent get at 24 or 26, but I would not take him at pick 10.

Does anyone else think Bastinac is worthy of being selected with pick 10, assuming of course that Cunnington, Lucas and Tapscott are taken before hand?

Does anyone else think Bastinac is worthy of being selected with pick 10, assuming of course that Cunnington, Lucas and Tapscott are taken before hand?

Depends, I would rather "punt" on him being available in the 2nd round at 24 or 26. Good player though.

I am confused about how posters are rating Troy Taylor without any video footage.

So outside of posters who attend TAC Games or come from Alice Springs - Who has watched Taylor play football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back