NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Franchise Players/Free Agency/High Profile Releases

Edgerrin James, Travis LaBoy & Rod Hood released by the Cardinals.

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=258693

Can't say i really agree with releasing LaBoy and Hood as they done relativaly well last year at times. Especially LaBoy had a very good season but thats the business i guess.

Frees up quite abit of cap space for Dansby, A-Dub and Q now.

Edgerrin James, Travis LaBoy & Rod Hood released by the Cardinals.

Shit, we could almost do with all three of them.

Not sure if any would still be seen as walk up starters for most teams so I guess I can understand why the Cards released them with the $$$s they'd be on.

Supposedly, another report, has three teams interested in Vick as QB.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen hears that there are "at least three teams" monitoring suspended Michael Vick's situation in Atlanta.
Mort says all three envision Vick as a quarterback, not a receiver or slash player. Vick, who the Falcons couldn't even get a seventh-round pick for on draft weekend, submitted a revised bankruptcy plan in federal court Tuesday.

It's actually somewhat ironic that the Wildcat came to the fore while Vick was sitting out.

It's introduction has probably made him more attractive than he otherwise might have been.

One upside, you know he's clean. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, good old Brett. Never a dull moment with him alive.

I hope he does come back around... he makes so many games that much more entertaining for his presence.

Nah buggar him, he'll just end up taking the place of someone who deserves to get into the pro bowl again....

It's actually somewhat ironic that the Wildcat came to the fore while Vick was sitting out.

It's introduction has probably made him more attractive than he otherwise might have been.

One upside, you know he's clean. :D

Will they re-name it the WildDOG formation if Vick plays in it?

Nah buggar him, he'll just end up taking the place of someone who deserves to get into the pro bowl again....

I dont think the Broncs have to worry about pro bowl QBs anymore. ;)

I dont dig what Vick did, but if he still had game i wouldnt mind him at the Raiders, especially if Russell bombed thru the season. If Russell kicks ass and proves himself, then no need for Vick.

Garcia?

I dont think the Broncs have to worry about pro bowl QBs anymore. ;)

He didn't stop a Bronco QB getting in, it was Philip Rivers who deserved to get in.

But yes, I can't imagine Kyle Orton strutting his stuff in Hawaii, on the football field that is....

orton3_medium.jpg

Garcia will retire probably at the end of the season. During the season, I wouldnt put it past him to become the starter, as he has done in the past behind a younger QB, because he works his ass off. But Garcia's arm is ever-weakening too. And the Raiders play a vertical passing game, where the shortest routes are 18 yard hitches and posts etc.

This also backs up why DHB (even tho im not celebrating the pick) is more of a system fit than Crabtree who doesnt run these routes and isnt used to them or doing them over and over again and mightnt even with his healing foot. Raiders receivers gotta be able to run upfield over and over again. Same with CBs playing man.

I dont dig what Vick did, but if he still had game i wouldnt mind him at the Raiders, especially if Russell bombed thru the season. If Russell kicks ass and proves himself, then no need for Vick.

Don't you think the Raiders have enough distractions?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Al was interested.

Jerry Jones too.

Distractions arent what Cable is looking to bring into the team, so I can see why it wont happen. Why Ocho Cinco, TO, etc, the Raiders never THIS season went for. Al listening to Cable. Team-orientated hard-workers. Not sure if Vick was a hard-worker team-guy in the lockerroom.

Al listening to Cable.
I hope Skelator is listening to Kenny.

Well I hope he's listening to someone but I'm not sure if Kenny is the bloke he should be listening to. It's a start though.

Seriously though, one thing I'll give Cable he's a bloke that wants to make his name through football and not the media. That's a good start.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back