NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Franchise Players/Free Agency/High Profile Releases

I no its not the greatest place for this news, but anyway.

MNF:
John Gruden - In
Tony Kornheiser - Out

It's a off season free agency move ;)

There's something Gruden I don't like, but should be better than Kornheiser

It's a off season free agency move ;)

There's something Gruden I don't like, but should be better than Kornheiser

Gruden will be good, I like recent players / coaches rather than pure media commentators.

I am a huge Kornheiser fan on PTI and the occasional other show on ESPN, but I agree that his football commentary isn't very good. Especially when he tries to make every MNF game into something special by finding some stat that has never happened before. "Tony Romo has completed 70% of his passes while Marion Barber has carried 20 times, that's never happened before!" Crap like that that means nothing. It just always used to annoy me.

Kornheiser is a spud, and lets be honest he is the ugliest MoFo on television(see below), I hate him on PTI. Gruden fits the bill of ex-coach/player that they should be looking for but he wouldn't have been my first choice. They need to find another Troy Aikman, who does an exceptional job as long as he's not doing Cowboys games...

ESPN-TonyKornheiser%20%20_photo.jpg

Dre Bly signed by the 49ers today, gives them so extra cover after the injury sustained during the week.

The only NFL Pro-Bowler (both PB seasons with the Lions) to have a daughter named 'Peyton'. Second round draft pick by the Rams (1999). Owns a Supabah ring also.

Dre Bly signed by the 49ers today, gives them so extra cover after the injury sustained during the week.

Another member of the Broncos 'toast' secondary from last year. Can still make the odd play, but he's pretty much dudsville now. Apparently not the best locker room guy either....

I'm hoping Terrell Brown wins the starting job across from Clements and Bly plays the nickle. If nothing else you need three starting calibre corners in the NFC West.

He still has some petrol in the tank but having Denver and Detroit on your CV in recent times doesn't exactly fill me with wild expectations that the 49ers backfield will now be lock down.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2009 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back