2009 Player Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What are our thoughts on Buddy. Supposingly playing more of a Richo role this year. Mega Tempting.

I have Deledio atm, but I can't see him improving that much on his 98 avg.

What are our thoughts on Buddy. Supposingly playing more of a Richo role this year. Mega Tempting.

I have Deledio atm, but I can't see him improving that much on his 98 avg.

Buddy did kick 100+ goals last year, I dont see that happening again.

So they may balance, the lost goals and extra possesions and marks, but who knows, he did look pretty good for his first hit out of the year apparently.

FWIW, I have Deledio.

With a 98 average do you need him to improve?? I thought picking up players at that price you would be happy if they averaged the same. Buddy averaging 98 would do fine. Would be in the top 5 forwards so you couldn't complain.

pyke is in the mix for rd 1 selection as currie has had groin problems of late. he may play a few rounds in as sydney need that 2nd ruckman and currie is the man

what do guys think of ryan griffen ? worth it at $344,200

Im seriously considering Buddy. Clarko thinks a move up the wings will be a good thing for me. Way more marks and possies available to him. Goals would drop a bit, but I think the trade-off would still be favourable. Rough is looking huge this year, so might get a few more one out jobs, pushing Buddy to the wings.

Decisions, decisions...

Troy Simmonds?

He finished really well last year but is hardly mentioned on BF now with everyone preferring HMac. Is there any reason for this that I'm not aware of or is it purely saving money?
I like the idea of setting and forgetting Cox and Simmonds in the rucks.

Troy Simmonds?

He finished really well last year but is hardly mentioned on BF now with everyone preferring HMac. Is there any reason for this that I'm not aware of or is it purely saving money?
I like the idea of setting and forgetting Cox and Simmonds in the rucks.

It also comes down to the fact that HMac had a shocker of a season. Most that have picked him including myself are expecting 10-15pts extra on his average of 66 last year, which would put him about 5-10 pts behind Simmo's est average.

Think people are going for HMac to save abit of cash, but still have a decent scoring second ruck. I think Simmonds will be fighting it out for 2nd highest scoring ruck with Hille personally. Simmonds is a good buy, and if you dont need the money elsewhere you'd definitely take him or Hille. It's all about the money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to Dalziell, does anyone know where you can get stats/info on his league games? Ive got no idea of his injury history, or anything like that.

Hes only played 7 games over 1 season.
No injuries to note since playing an AFL game.

I dont know where youd get any information for this career prior to the AFL though.
He came from East Fremantle (WAFL) originally.

Hes only played 7 games over 1 season.
No injuries to note since playing an AFL game.

I dont know where youd get any information for this career prior to the AFL though.
He came from East Fremantle (WAFL) originally.
I've played with him for 2.5 years before he was drafted and I dont remembe so much as a niggle

Im going with Richo for captain for the first game.
Think he will tear the Blues apart

In the freako email it mentions that the blues have been restricting teams to low DT scores. I won't be picking anybody playing Carlton as captain

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Player Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back