2009 Player Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

what's people thoughts on Buddy this year? I'm torn. 26 touches on the weekend in his first (practise) game for the year. I have a feeling he may play up the ground a bit this year, leaving Roughhead as the more traditional FF

Anyone picked him? Why/why not etc

this is my major issue as well, im not overly sure what to do here!

buddy, dids, harvey or even downgrade to sylvia...

Travis Cloke or Dale Thomas?
Thoughts on Dyson, would you upgrade him to someone like Masten?

Also anyone around Leigh Fisher's price range that would be a better choice? already got Raines.
Thoughts on Birchall? would you upgrade him to someone like lockyer? it's unlikely ill swap birchall but just want to see other peoples opinions on it.
Thanks.

IMO when Birchall is fit he will ge a gun D/Ter:thumbsu:

what about swapping leigh fisher for stephen hill?
is hill likely to play a lot because a lot of people seem to have him and i'm thinking that fisher won't improve very much.

well grimes is about 40,000 more than hill, however if hill is likely to play regularly then ill probably go with him.
I can't make a decision on is whether to keep ottens, or to downgrade him to someone like mcintosh.
Current starting rucks are: Cox and Ottens.

One more thing, i currently have ziebell starting in my foward line. What other options are there for a good rookie or cheap player to start in the forward line who are likely to play a lot and score well.

Buddy got around 122 Dt points that game.
I liked Birchall until his injury. Was looking at game stats for NAB 09 and he seemed to handball heaps more than kicks. Vs Carlton he got 22 disposals 16 h/b 6 kicks 4 marks 59dt points. Now is this because he was handballing though the zone and also with the different rules alot of marks may have not given thus resulting in more handballs.

well grimes is about 40,000 more than hill, however if hill is likely to play regularly then ill probably go with him.
I can't make a decision on is whether to keep ottens, or to downgrade him to someone like mcintosh.
Current starting rucks are: Cox and Ottens.

One more thing, i currently have ziebell starting in my foward line. What other options are there for a good rookie or cheap player to start in the forward line who are likely to play a lot and score well.

i am pondering whether to downgrade sandilands to macintosh...

anyone know what sandilands has averaged in prior years? i know macintosh was aaround 60 last year.

what are some opinions on the big Q. really showed some form late last year.
104,119,89,103,87,123,100 in the last 7 rounds.

it could be his break out year. thoughts?

He is a great player and while i dont agree on the fact that he has already proven himself, i have no don't he will improve to a 85-95 average this season i strongly considered him but at 375k and the salary cap being so tight i couldnt fit him in - despite this i say go for it http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Can anybody who is a frequent on this specific thread please give me an approximation on what pages discussions on 'Trent Potential' are on....

Dont really want to start something that has already been discussed

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question. Not sure whether i should pick riewoldt in forward line and houlihan in the backline, or houlihan in the forward line and sam fisher in the backline. Any ideas?

judd or selwood? thoughts...
to me selwood because he realy cant get tagged because of abc in there but judd well get tagged and judd cant get any cheap kicks that why i would go for selwood and one more thing i have this feeling selwood we kill it this year but thats just me:thumbsu:

to me selwood because he realy cant get tagged because of abc in there but judd well get tagged and judd cant get any cheap kicks that why i would go for selwood and one more thing i have this feeling selwood we kill it this year but thats just me:thumbsu:
fair enough.
i think both (judd and selwood) have a lot of upside from last year where they both averaged similar DT scores.
what about gibbs? All three are around the same price and look to be the best for around the 400k mark - but i can only afford 2...

What are people doing for the spare/bench ruck choices? I am finding this tough. Will Tyrone Vickery (Rich) and James Sellar (Ade) get (early) games?

Currently have Kerr in my team, however considering swapping him for foley, chris knights or anyone in that price range.
Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Player Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back