2009 Reports, Articles, Suspensions and Injuries! (Part Two)

Remove this Banner Ad

In tomorrows HUN:

Midfielder Gary Ablett still in doubt with injury.
Hawthorn is aware of Ablett's status and believes he may pull out of tomorrow's clash.
TAB Sportsbet's Gary Davies said Geelong and Ablett were clearly on the nose with punters.
"Ablett has been named but we have got grave doubts he will play from what we have heard," Davies said

Of equal concern to Geelong are mercurial forward Steve Johnson, missing for the fourth week with a hip/groin complaint, and premiership ruckman Brad Ottens. Johnson has told friends he is expected to miss one more week, which has seen his Brownlow odds slump to $81. Labelled a hip injury, it is also believed to be groin-related, although not osteitis pubis.
"Johnson is pretty close, but not quite where we want him to be.
"It is no good having time off and him coming back early, then going back to where he was.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25826345-19742,00.html

In regards to SJ,

Bloke on the Geelong board reckons that SJ has been disciplined and will not return before Round 20 because he went out drinking with Billy Brownless. Would be odd for a Geelong supporter to make that up...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15167260&postcount=59

yer i also saw a poster on the geelong board say he backhanded one of his team mates and is being disciplined for that. i also saw that he apparently cannot run or kick properly yet.

many rumours flying around, but the fact of the matter is it doesnt sound like he is coming back for another 2-3 weeks.

In regards to SJ,

Bloke on the Geelong board reckons that SJ has been disciplined and will not return before Round 20 because he went out drinking with Billy Brownless. Would be odd for a Geelong supporter to make that up...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15167260&postcount=59
I've read that post on the Cats board, it was all rumours and bollocks in my opinion. The bloke who posted it is currently carded.
It might be true that SJ won't play until round 20 because of the injury as he has apparently been "right to play" the last 2 weeks, but I don't believe it's because he's been disciplined for hitting the turps with Billy.

I've read that post on the Cats board, it was all rumours and bollocks in my opinion. The bloke who posted it is currently carded.
It might be true that SJ won't play until round 20 because of the injury as he has apparently been "right to play" the last 2 weeks, but I don't believe it's because he's been disciplined for hitting the turps with Billy.

I agree!

If he did somthing like that which was bad enough to keep him out for even 2-3 weeks. It would of been in the news

Bomber sounds like a broken record...

Thompson has forecast an ease on the injury front, saying Steve Johnson would play against Adelaide next week, and Brad Ottens was just one to two weeks away from a return.

Johnson will miss for the fourth week in a row with a hip/groin complaint.

Despite rumours yesterday that Johnson's injury could be season-ending, Thompson was upbeat about his prospects.

"Steve will play next week," he said

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25831662-19742,00.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber sounds like a broken record...

Thompson has forecast an ease on the injury front, saying Steve Johnson would play against Adelaide next week, and Brad Ottens was just one to two weeks away from a return.

Johnson will miss for the fourth week in a row with a hip/groin complaint.

Despite rumours yesterday that Johnson's injury could be season-ending, Thompson was upbeat about his prospects.

"Steve will play next week," he said

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25831662-19742,00.html

At least it's not 2-3 weeks anymore...

Jon Ralph reported on the 5th quarter: "Johnson admitted he tore a muscle in his hip area, and will definitely play against Adelaide at Skilled Stadium".

That seems a bit more definitive than other things that have been said in previous weeks. Here's hoping!

Ross Lyon also admitted he'll consider resting some players once they clinch top spot. :thumbsdown:
yeah well im worried for montagna. last night at the game i noticed he was off much more than usual and then today in the paper it has him at 72% game time when he is usually about 89%

Higgins - season?
eade said he expects at least 2 weeks so he could squeeze in for the couple of matches will have to wait

How long you guys think Murphy and Higgins will be out for because I cant afford to trade and Ive only got 1 playing emergency in the forward line.

A brief roundup from what Doc Larkins just said -

Scarlett and Taylor (groins) - tests.
Johnson (groin) - will more than likely play.
Kelly (hamstring) - will probably miss another.

Duffield (shoulder) - should be OK.
Ruffles (knee) - season.

Johnson (glute) - test.
Higgins (groin/hamstring) - 2-3 weeks.
Murphy (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks, but probably closer to two.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Reports, Articles, Suspensions and Injuries! (Part Two)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back