2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I have finally nutted out what to do with Ablett. This is my trading plan:

Out: Ablett, Skipworth
In: Murphy, Pavlich

Then the following week:

Out: Beams, Brown
In: Corey, Franklin

This is assuming both Walker and Beams dont play this week. If Walker is in, I might let Pav go, and bring in Thompson/Hayes/Kornes. Then Buddy and Corey (for Rich) the following week.

I love this time of year, the trading starts to get interesting. My team is shaping up decently, regardless of the injury toll.

Just been having a gander at the afl website, reports from west coast that having staker out for up to 6 weeks, they're looking to bring in Tom Swift. Was looking good pre season and could be a good downgrade target, hopefully better then those two duds de boer and cockie :D

Bartel for sure. Both consistant for a long time but more so Bartel of late + Bartel often pulls out very big scores whilst Corey is usually just over the 100 mark.
Also Im upgrading T.Tuck and Hocking over the nexrt few weeks. Any thoughts on which one I should be more urgent on trading? Which one would be better value holding onto for those few weeks?

But Corey is 60k cheaper
Thats true. And also with Harley possibly back this week Corey should be pushing back up into the midfield more again. Hmmmm may have to retract my earlier opinion.... Flip a coin mate haha

Thats true. And also with Harley possibly back this week Corey should be pushing back up into the midfield more again. Hmmmm may have to retract my earlier opinion.... Flip a coin mate haha

or should i keep ablett
but i am hoping he wont be out for 5 weeks so they can rest him fully

or should i keep ablett
but i am hoping he wont be out for 5 weeks so they can rest him fully
Depends, what have you got on your bench to cover him I guess? Nah he would be missing that long. He wouldnt want to miss that many. IMO he'll only miss 2 possibly 3

Im upgrading T.Tuck and Hocking over the nexrt few weeks. Any thoughts on which one I should be more urgent on trading? Which one would be better value holding onto for those few weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My awesome plan to get Richo in for M.Brown is ruined! Although I will go ahead with 2 trades this week to free up some cash from my bench cashcows.

Cash in bank: $4500

Walker ---> Macaffer/Ballantyne = $81100 Freed up
Petrenko ---> Greenwood = $61300 freed up

$142400 freed up altogether. Will have $146900 left for upgrades the next couple of weeks.

BTW
whats the general consenses on Adam Cockie?
Is it too risky trading him in this week?
I really need an 86k or below midfielder and there arent many options

Depends, what have you got on your bench to cover him I guess? Nah he would be missing that long. He wouldnt want to miss that many. IMO he'll only miss 2 possibly 3

i have aaron joseph and liam anthony on bench
but also have hartlett out

what are people's thoughts on trading Beams to Coughlan... people view that as a waste?

C.Cornes
B.Goddard
C.Enright
L.Hodge
R.Houlihan
A.Raines (please please play this week)
S.Hill
----------------
J.Petrenko
K.Cheney

G.Ablett
Kornes
B.Gibbs
T.Tuck
D.Rich
D.Beams
-------------
P.Dangerfield
M.Robinson

D.Cox
H.McIntosh
-----------
M.Pyke
J.Spencer

Pavlich
Deledio
Higgins
Didak (****)
Harvey (was overseas last week)
Skipworth (****)
Ziebell
----------------
T.Walker
M.Brown

clearly got a lot of issues....couldnt trade last week because I was in Germany and the time difference ****ed me right up.

The only positive is that I have made no trades which was my strategy this year. Ranked about 3,000th.

Clearly this week I have to get rid of Harvey will be bringing in SJ. However to do this move i require $300 which pretty much sums up my year thus far.

So, i was thinking of trading Beams to Coughlan which would give me no 0's this week. I dont think he has ever been injured so there is no questions over his durability which is good...

Are there any other moves that people can see???

p.s. I hate dreamteam.

Clearly no one has watched Geelong's last two games... Corey has played both of those in the middle, coincidentally when Milburn returned.. which also ties in with Mackies two last scores which are significantly better because he has been let loose again.

what are people's thoughts on trading Beams to Coughlan... people view that as a waste?

C.Cornes
B.Goddard
C.Enright
L.Hodge
R.Houlihan
A.Raines (please please play this week)
S.Hill
----------------
J.Petrenko
K.Cheney

G.Ablett
Kornes
B.Gibbs
T.Tuck
D.Rich
D.Beams
-------------
P.Dangerfield
M.Robinson

D.Cox
H.McIntosh
-----------
M.Pyke
J.Spencer

Pavlich
Deledio
Higgins
Didak (****)
Harvey (was overseas last week)
Skipworth (****)
Ziebell
----------------
T.Walker
M.Brown

clearly got a lot of issues....couldnt trade last week because I was in Germany and the time difference ****ed me right up.

The only positive is that I have made no trades which was my strategy this year. Ranked about 3,000th.

Clearly this week I have to get rid of Harvey will be bringing in SJ. However to do this move i require $300 which pretty much sums up my year thus far.

So, i was thinking of trading Beams to Coughlan which would give me no 0's this week. I dont think he has ever been injured so there is no questions over his durability which is good...

Are there any other moves that people can see???

p.s. I hate dreamteam.

You could consider trading out petrenko to greenwod?
Or if you aren't depserate for cash now i would recommend getting coughlan. He will be good enough to start so later on it would be easier for you to trade off tuck/rich. I would go with the durability and the non-instant cash rise and choose cogs. Looks set

Its also a great week to work on your forward line, bring in buddy and wait for stevie johnson to fall further (hopefully) with a breakeven of 125. Then you will save yourself a fair bit of cash and better your forward line.

166100 i have in change

Richo - chapman
mitch robinson - mark coughlan or daniel rich or dane beams(if not injured) and then put ablett on the bench

im not sure who to get yet but im leaning towards mark coughlan

what should i do?

Its also a great week to work on your forward line, bring in buddy and wait for stevie johnson to fall further (hopefully) with a breakeven of 125. Then you will save yourself a fair bit of cash and better your forward line.

yeah not a bad point. Franklin is obviously a gun and it is probably a matter of time before he starts scoring big.

With the amount of injuries this year in the forward line it would be brave to suggest he is not going to be in the 7 highest scoring forwards this year. Saying that though, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he wasn't.

If anyone knows, what is Franklin's B/e and how much will SJ fall if he scores 100???

yeah not a bad point. Franklin is obviously a gun and it is probably a matter of time before he starts scoring big.

With the amount of injuries this year in the forward line it would be brave to suggest he is not going to be in the 7 highest scoring forwards this year. Saying that though, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he wasn't.

If anyone knows, what is Franklin's B/e and how much will SJ fall if he scores 100???

If Steve Johnson scores a perfect tone, he will go down $8593k to a juicy price of $381007

Buddys breakeven is 128

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back