2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Gablett --> Swan
need to do some investigation...but if there doesn't look to be any better downgrade targets in the back.. possibly broughtn when he returns.
otherwise might have to get in Levi for Suban (even though he still has some price rise in him)

Gablett --> Swan
need to do some investigation...but if there doesn't look to be any better downgrade targets in the back.. possibly broughtn when he returns.
otherwise might have to get in Levi for Suban (even though he still has some price rise in him)

Why do you "have" to get Levi?

If Levi is not someone you want, then don't get him just because he is about to play his 3rd game. Just because you can downgrade a rookie, does not mean you should.

(Depending on your trading strategy)

Currently I plan to only downgrade me forwards and backs once at most, so that target I hope will play in the remaining rounds. (injury free).

Agree Tarquin. Greenwood looks like a good downgrade, but you shouldn't force things or think you "have" to get him. DT is a marathon. With the premium injuries at the moment, i am just trying to "stop the bleeding".

Agree Tarquin. Greenwood looks like a good downgrade, but you shouldn't force things or think you "have" to get him. DT is a marathon. With the premium injuries at the moment, i am just trying to "stop the bleeding".

what about taylor walker, hes going backwards now so im thinking of downgrading him to macaffer but his long term stability doesnt look great also i have held on to skipworth so i would be crazy to burn a trade right?

what about taylor walker, hes going backwards now so im thinking of downgrading him to macaffer but his long term stability doesnt look great also i have held on to skipworth so i would be crazy to burn a trade right?

I'd be thinking about going Walker > Caff and then upgrading Skippy, otherwise your forward line scores could be pretty dour.

The Caff probably does only have till Didak gets back, but you don't have many other options. You could go to someone like Ballantyne who will play in the future, but isn't playing right now. I'm not sure what the rest of your forward line is like, but bringing him in could risk copping a zero till he plays I'd imagine.

I guess it depends, i have Walker as my EMG/8th forward, so in this case i see absolutely no value in using a trade on a player that is a non-scorer. Other things to worry about (dam you gablett). Will Macaffer hold his spot?

I traded him in last week for Walker but I still reckon Warren is a worthy downgrade target this week despite his price rise, as there just aren't many decent forward downgrade possibilities at the moment. From what I have seen he would be a safer choice to get a game than Macaffer, and he will continue to rise in price over the coming weeks.

What do people think of Sam Gilbert? Currently $324k-ish, avg of 90ish, i'm thinking of upgrading Petrenko to him. Gilbert is bound to keep going up and his scoring means he is keeper potential imo and with that in mind he is fairly well priced for a 'keeper'.

I guess it depends, i have Walker as my EMG/8th forward, so in this case i see absolutely no value in using a trade on a player that is a non-scorer. Other things to worry about (dam you gablett). Will Macaffer hold his spot?

Only until Didak is fit, probably 2 weeks at best.

well currently hes a 7th forward i got skippy on my bench, so im starting to think its really a waste of a trade. now im thinking of only doing one trade this week is richo out for pav

don't even think about richo with him gone for 10-12 weeks u'll only get 6 rounds out of him at the end of the season at best look elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A possible senario with only a 5% chance of me doing. 3 way trade. 261k in bank helps.

Ablett>Corey
Bird>Cross
Rich> Bruce or 448k

would leave me only 1 spot to fill in the mids. But no Ablett no Bartel. And bench not playing Beams/Anthony.

Lose 1 premium but gain 2.

Swan/Corey/Kornes/Cross/Bruce/?

Means I will most likely miss Pav and Mackie

i might trade ziebell to riewoldt this week.
yes i know ziebell hasn't peaked, but i see his breakeven is 35, whilst volts is 66.
i can easily see ziebell getting about 70, and riewoldt about 120 so i would be saving money.
in the meantime taylor walker can just subside on the bench

Just after some help guys - my team is 483rd overall, and scored 2217 last week... But not sure whether I should make a couple of trades this week or wait it out.

I also already have 157k in the bank!

BACKS:
Cornes
Goddard
Harding
Enright
Houlihan
Hill
Rance

Petrenko
Broughton

(Targets: Hodge, Mackie)

MIDS:
Bartel
Swan
Gibbs
Vince
J Selwood
H Hartlett

D Beams
L Anthony

(Target: Upgrading Hartlett or Beams as they are both in doubt! Any premium will do, Bruce, M Murphy & L Hayes all considered so far)

RUCKS:

D Cox
H McIntosh

S Jacobs
J Spencer

FORWARDS:

S Johnson
S Higgins
B Deledio
M Pavlich
N Krakouer
D Giansiracusa
B Warren

W Thompson
J Grant

(Targets: L Davis, L Franklin)

Any help with some re-jigging of the team this week would be appreciated! Cheers

i have ablett and hartlett in my starting lineup and aaron joseph on my bench
should i trade ablett out for bartel/corey/thompson
or should i keep ablett
and trade out liam anthony for cockie so i can cover hartlett and ablett

Don't have either richo or ablett. Very happy! But i still have a zero for raines in the backs. both my bench wont play, and there is no-one to straight swap raines for...
so...
Will Raines play?
or
1. should i downgrade to greenwood ( have suban still playing aswell)
2. downgrade beams and upgrade raines to around 295K

Thoughts on options or players around the price??

at first i laughed of the idea of trading ablett however i am looking deeply into the possibility now.

currently 17 trades left

this week

ablett ---> kornes
walker ---> mcaffer/ballantyne other 86k rookie (ball will play when fit)

following week

rich ---> cockie/deboer
otten ---> bartel

3rd week

ziebell ---> riewoldt/ steve johnson
hill ---> goddard/bowden

i know this is looking to far ahead and everything can change in one week from injuries and what not, but i am now open to the possibility of trading ablett.

im sure it will rip me apart this week trying to decide what to do.

at first i laughed of the idea of trading ablett however i am looking deeply into the possibility now.

currently 17 trades left

this week

ablett ---> kornes
walker ---> mcaffer/ballantyne other 86k rookie (ball will play when fit)

following week

rich ---> cockie/deboer
otten ---> bartel

3rd week

ziebell ---> riewoldt/ steve johnson
hill ---> goddard/bowden

i know this is looking to far ahead and everything can change in one week from injuries and what not, but i am now open to the possibility of trading ablett.

im sure it will rip me apart this week trying to decide what to do.

Thats fine, but theres better options than Kornes.

who's Cockie?

Bahahaha I love this guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back