2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

At a loss at what to do this week so any suggestions gladly accepted.:)

I have $86,100 in the bank with 15 trades left.

My problem areas are -

Mids = Ablett , Salopek , Sewell , Rich , Otten & Tuck (emg.Beams & Hartlett)

Forwards = Higgins , Richo , Franklin , Krakouer , Thomas , M.Brown & Walker (emg.Skipworth & N.G. Brown)
Richo -> Pav
Beams/Hartlett -> Coughland and hope he becomes your 6th mid. Hold on to Ablett, NG and Skipworth at this stage.

Richo -> Pav
Beams/Hartlett -> Coughland and hope he becomes your 6th mid. Hold on to Ablett, NG and Skipworth at this stage.

exactly what i was going to suggest

Richo -> Pav
thats what il be doing. cogs has looked good in his 2 games so far with only 70% tog he has got scores of 75 and 91. and only 16 and 19 touches respectively. once he gets up to 90% tog and gets used to the pace of it again i have no doubt he can be a 6th mid averaging 90. should start gathering 25 touches again soon and to go with all his tackles he is definetly capable of getting 100s. could potentially be a keeper at 180k what a steal that would be.

thats what il be doing. cogs has looked good in his 2 games so far with only 70% tog he has got scores of 75 and 91. and only 16 and 19 touches respectively. once he gets up to 90% tog and gets used to the pace of it again i have no doubt he can be a 6th mid averaging 90. should start gathering 25 touches again soon and to go with all his tackles he is definetly capable of getting 100s. could potentially be a keeper at 180k what a steal that would be.

He wont get 90% TOG this season. As a guide, Ablett Bartel and Corey only get 83% when fully fit. Tuck is only getting 70% on average.

Cogs will avg 70% TOG this season.

Im going to upgrade Skipworth, don't want to play another week with Walker in my side, so who would be the number 1 candidate?

I have 150K in the bank and my current Foward line is:

Chapman
Franklin
Deledio
Higgins
Krakeuor
D.Thomas
T.Walker

Skipworth
M.Brown

Im thinking S.Johnson or Pavlich atm but not confident at all..

Im going to upgrade Skipworth, don't want to play another week with Walker in my side, so who would be the number 1 candidate?

I have 150K in the bank and my current Foward line is:

Chapman
Franklin
Deledio
Higgins
Krakeuor
D.Thomas
T.Walker

Skipworth
M.Brown

Im thinking S.Johnson or Pavlich atm but not confident at all..

I would add J. Brown to your list of considerations. He is one of those players that always starts slow and comes good around this time of year. Just look at his scores from '08

Richo -> Pav

I wouldn't be trading Beams or Hartlett yet. Both are potentially going to be named this weekend and even if they don't, they both have a bunch of money to make. Cogs is injury prone and far from a certainty as a premium. Once you get to the pressure point of the season, and people have finished their upgrades I would imagine most teams would have a better 6th mid than Cogs... I certainly hope too. And if Cogs doesn't make it through, you end up needing to spend another trade upgrading him.
Mids are your easiest to upgrade and you get the best value you, so you need to try get the best players you can here. I say they are the easiest to upgrade because chances are players like Rich are going to get to around 300k... From there it doesn't take much to get up to a real deal premium

Your (the bloke who posted the team) weakness is clearly your forward line atm. I'd be inclined to get rid of Skippy, he isn't a keeper, he is injured and is far from a certainty to get a game when he returns... He was on the verge of being dropped when he was playing, so I think holding him was a waste.

I'm not sure of all your prices, but I'd look at going Richo> Pav, then Skippy>Gian.
Means you can get Walker off the field, and when Brown comes back you have a forward line that could nearly pass as complete... You may or may not need to upgrade Krak and Thomas, just depends I guess...

All your mids are going to increase in price, and they are all scoring decently, so I don't see the need to even bring Cogs in. It means relegating one of Otten/Rich/Tuck to the bench, which isn't really necessary as they are scoring decently. More so than what Walker is dishing up.

My 2 cents..

Pav and SJ are the two premium forwards who seem to present the most value at this stage. Personally, based on BE's i'll be brining in Pav this week and most likely SJ in 1-2 weeks.

In regads to Ablett, I'm seriously considering:

This week:
Ablett -> Coughlan
Skippy -> Pav

Next week:
Beams/Zaharakis/Robinson -> Corey
Krakouer -> Steve Johnson

(or I can trade to Bartel and hold on the SJ trade)

My alternative is:

This week:
Ablett -> Murphy
Skippy -> Pav

Next week:
Beams/Zaharakis -> Cockie/De Boer/Swift
Rich -> Corey/Kornes

Or:

Ablett -> Bartel
Skippy -> Pav

Next Week:
Robinson -> Cockie/De Boer/Swift
Krakouer -> SJ

Any suggestions/considerations/thoughts/advice?

I want to get Murphy and J Brown into my team.

My Mids look like.

Ablett**, Selwood, Tuck, Gibbs, Rich, Beams ( Dalzeill, Robinson)

My Forwards are

Lids, Franklin, Houlihan, Higgins, walker, Warren, Zeibell, (Didak, Sidebottom)

So i am leaning towards a trade of

Walker> JBrown
Dalzeill > Murphy

Should never have put Dalzeill in the team, so many other decent scoring prospects for his price i paid!

Need to drop richo this week obv, and I had it pretty firm in my mind that J. Brown would be his replacement. But there's a little voice in my head going "Get Pav, go on, you know you want to".

What do you guys think the relative strengths/weaknesses are considering they have similar BE's?

guys.
opinions please 210k in bank
a/ take out harry taylor who never ever scores more than 60 and throw in gilbert, and
take out anthony and throw in a pav or a. davey.
b/ take out d. kerr who lets me down, for a premium mid, which leaves me around 60-70k, and then take out anthony for someone around 300- 310 i think, or
c/ leave it alone, but this week for me is a grudge match and i need the most points!

Argh some snuff on the Carlton board apparently has it on a good source that Houlihan will be dropped this week.

Talk about freakin meltdown if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to get Murphy and J Brown into my team.

My Mids look like.

Ablett**, Selwood, Tuck, Gibbs, Rich, Beams ( Dalzeill, Robinson)

My Forwards are

Lids, Franklin, Houlihan, Higgins, walker, Warren, Zeibell, (Didak, Sidebottom)

So i am leaning towards a trade of

Walker> JBrown
Dalzeill > Murphy

Should never have put Dalzeill in the team, so many other decent scoring prospects for his price i paid!

What do people think about the above trade? I think Jonno has his playing boots on now. and Murphy is reasonably priced. I can't see the carlton team faultering too much this year.

Murphy is definitely a good option. Im not sold Brown this year, not sure why - would prefer Petrie/Buddy at that price.

Need a ruckman to downgrade to from friggin Messen.

Options are basically Pyke but I doubt he will be in the team long enough till Brad Ottens returns in about 3 weeks.

Any other idea's.

Well Beams, Hartlett, Otten, Rich and Tuck are still going to make me money so i'm trading out Ablett for Coughlan (too good to pass up on) leaving me with $500k to splurge. Only problem I dont want to spend it on the forwards (waiting for Krak and Ziebell to peak) and my backline doesn't look too bad - especially if Raines slots in. Probably upgrade Malceski to Goddard.

Really waiting for my midfield to ripen before bringing in Bartel, Swan and Corey.

Given I have 17 trades I think I can safely trade Ablett out with the proviso that at some stage I would definetly look to getting him back again.

Options are basically Pyke but I doubt he will be in the team long enough till Brad Ottens returns in about 3 weeks.

Any other idea's.

He's on your field? Do you desperately need to downgrade him this week? If not, wait for Natanui to debut or another rookie...

Any other idea's.

Spencer (Melb)??? Given they have Jamar on the long term injury list and now Messen gone for the season, Spencer I would have thought would take his place. Spencer is 76K and has already played 2 games so will go up in value next week if he plays.......

He wont get 90% TOG this season. As a guide, Ablett Bartel and Corey only get 83% when fully fit. Tuck is only getting 70% on average.

Cogs will avg 70% TOG this season.

So frustrating, Tuck could get some massive scores if he had as much TOG as everyone else....only had 67% against Sydney.

Spencer (Melb)??? Given they have Jamar on the long term injury list and now Messen gone for the season, Spencer I would have thought would take his place. Spencer is 76K and has already played 2 games so will go up in value next week if he plays.......

Jamar would be playing in the 2s this week but Casey have a bye apparently.

What do people think about the above trade? I think Jonno has his playing boots on now. and Murphy is reasonably priced. I can't see the carlton team faultering too much this year.

I can't make up my friggin mind. Thanks for your opinion Hodges. I think i might wait on him aswell, his break even is so juicy though at 62!

My options are with $278k in the bank.
Option A
dalzeill (389k)> Murphy (385k) = 4k
Walker (167k) > Brown (351k) = -184k~
I would have to contribute roughly 184k
Option B
dalzeill (389k)> Murphy (385k) = 4k
Walker(167k) > Nick Reiwoldt (442k) = -275k
I would have to contribute roughly 271k.

Looking at it... Coughing up that sorta dough is going to hurt, but it's the better trade. However that 90k could help me get from rich> Bartell in a few weeks then i could do a double trade of warren/beams + zeibell/higgins/houlihan> Brown.

AHHHHHH the pressure!!!

I should add that in a perfect world once I trade Ablett that I get him back cheaper. High BE plus a couple of games to get in the groove could see him $50k cheaper.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back