2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

should i upgrade houlihan to hodge/newman
or downgrade him to grimes

I'd at very least be waiting till tomorrow to see if Grimes gets a game, who knows after that.... I would be inclined not to get Grimes straight away, give him his two weeks for judgement.

I'd probably get Mackie if I was you.

Ok massive problem
I want to get rid of beams (i hav no mid backup this week res- robbo, ablett), i want to downgrade walker to macaffer ( i want this trade real bad) and now freaking houlihan has been dropped and my i already have one of broughton, cheney and petrenko playing.

Pretty much in summary i am ****ed!

Option 1 (initial plan)
Downgrade Walker to Macaffer
Upgrade Beams to Travis Johnstone(i reckon he will bounce back big)

Trade Houlihan to 305k player next week, thats if houlihan isnt named again which i doubt

Option 2
Downgrade Beams to Cockie
Upgrade Houlihan to Fisher/Mackie/Bock

Option 3

Those are the options i can think of at the moment.
I want to do my initial plan really badly because i think it works well but at the same time houlihans exclusion is the perfect chance to upgrade him to a falling keeper.

all help massively appreciated thanx!

I'd at very least be waiting till tomorrow to see if Grimes gets a game, who knows after that.... I would be inclined not to get Grimes straight away, give him his two weeks for judgement.

I'd probably get Mackie if I was you.

i already have mackie but thanks anyway

Was going to upgrade Houlihan at some stage - just not this early..

so the question is Houlihan to:

Hodge OR Fisher OR Mackie (all same price-ish)

dilemma!

Am also gonna keep ablett

Injured or Dropped?

If I dont upgrade now and wait... in all liklihood Hodge/Mackie/Fisher will be 40k more expensive in 4-5 weeks and then waiting for Houlihan to rise 40-50k means I really have not gained anything. In fact i'll probably lose by dropping points.

PAVLICH AND MACAFFER IN

WALKER AND BROWN OUT... proberbly a week late with walker and week early with brown but just need pav to make sure im easily hitting those 2k's

Also under no doubt maccaffer wont hold his spot but not to much choice out there

Definately going Beams --> Cockie this week.
this will leave me with around 290,000 to use
I would then either go..
Petrenko --> Mackie
or
Walker--> Buddy

If Petrenko isnt named I will definatley be trading him to avoid another zero, but if he is named which trade should I do?

Any thoughts?

just suck up the 0 and hold houlihan another week

- he still has some rising in price to go; I reckon this is just a week off to keep him honest. He might come back and average 80 from here on which would make him a keeper.
- hodgey still has a while to fall. give it another week and re-assess at this point.

Definately going Beams --> Cockie this week.
this will leave me with around 290,000 to use
I would then either go..
Petrenko --> Mackie
or
Walker--> Buddy

If Petrenko isnt named I will definatley be trading him to avoid another zero, but if he is named which trade should I do?

Any thoughts?

Do the petrenko to mackie deffs...buddy is so annoying to have in your team, maybe look at getting hodge, bock or fisher over mackie if u dont have them. Up to you thought?:)

Ok massive problem
I want to get rid of beams (i hav no mid backup this week res- robbo, ablett), i want to downgrade walker to macaffer ( i want this trade real bad) and now freaking houlihan has been dropped and my i already have one of broughton, cheney and petrenko playing.

Pretty much in summary i am ****ed!

Option 1 (initial plan)
Upgrade Beams to Travis Johnstone(i reckon he will bounce back big)

Trade Houlihan to 305k player next week, thats if houlihan isnt named again which i doubt

Option 2
Downgrade Beams to Cockie

Option 3

Those are the options i can think of at the moment.
I want to do my initial plan really badly because i think it works well but at the same time houlihans exclusion is the perfect chance to upgrade him to a falling keeper.

all help massively appreciated thanx!

Thoughts??? thanks sorry im desperate for opinions... i am stumped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will do anything to avoid a 0 this week, might go with these trades if Petrnko doesnt play:

Dangerfield --> DeBoer
Raines --> 295k Player

Don't like it.

Don't want to trade out Raines but if I don't then the next option is Petrenko. :(
Please get named Petrenko :(

Thoughts??? thanks sorry im desperate for opinions... i am stumped!

I wouldn't be getting rid of Beams. Think about downgrading Robbo then see what you can do with the left over cash.
I wouldn't trade Houlihan though either, so yeah... And I probably wouldn't be inclined to trade Walker to the Caff either...

Post the rest of your team, can't tell where you need upgrading the most without knowing.

Will do anything to avoid a 0 this week, might go with these trades if Petrnko doesnt play:

Dangerfield --> DeBoer
Raines --> 295k Player

Don't like it.

Don't want to trade out Raines but if I don't then the next option is Petrenko. :(
Please get named Petrenko :(

I wouldn't do either of these. Dangerfield is scoring, why trade him out? Has a small BE and is still making money.

YOu've held on to Raines all this team, would be silly to trade him now just to avoid a zero.

I wouldn't do either of these. Dangerfield is scoring, why trade him out? Has a small BE and is still making money.

YOu've held on to Raines all this team, would be silly to trade him now just to avoid a zero.

A lot of different thoughts going through my mind ATM, hopefully I choose the right one.

Will probably avoid any trades this week, except for maybe Walker --> Macaffer to free up cash.

Bit the bullet and took the chance on trading Ablett, who went out for Sewell my big smokie who i predicted would have a break out DT year from the start of the season.

May come back to bite me, but in the grand schemes of my trading, if all goes to plan i will get Ablett back into my side once he returns from injury. Also i'd initially planned to trade in Sewell anyway, so in effect if Ablett didn't get injured i'd have traded out the rising Tuck for him. Thus, if i am able to shore up enough money from my cashcows i'll hopefully bring back Ablett for Tuck.

So rather than Tuck -> Sewell, it'll now be Ablett -> Sewell + 94k, Tuck -> Ablett.

I also traded in Gilbert at the expense of Petrenko, who has been hanging onto his spot in the Crows side by the skin of his teeth anyway, and if he isn't dropped this week will be out of the side very soon i predict. Besides, i was frustrated with the lack of gametime Craig was giving him, which contributed to his low scores.

This gives me a backline of:

Goddard, Lockyer, Cornes, Fisher, Hodge, Gilbert, Hill. :thumbsu:

So, in summary for this weeks trading:

Ablett -> Sewell.
Petrenko -> Gilbert. :)

NEXT WEEK:
Beams/Barham -> 94k player.
Skippy -> Buddy.

Like Senz, I really need to avoid a zero given I have must win games this week. Have a bucketload of cash, can pretty much afford any back or forward but don't necessarily want to lash out on the most expensive player.

Would it be better to upgrade raines (I see more upside in holding houlihan to raines) to lockyer/hodge, and prevent a zero...

Or upgrade walker to brown/buddy/pav/volt and take the zero for this week, keeping two players I feel have more to offer...

Thoughts?

I got Ablett and Richo with 10 trades left.

Keeping Ablett on bench and buying Coughlan for Otten. Hoping Coughlan can 1. Make me some cash and 2. cover for Ablett. I already have J. Bartel, L. Montanya, K. Kornes, D. Rich and G. Moss in the midfield.

Richo's on the chopping block and in comes Chapman.

Hoping in 3-4 weeks to have Bartel, Ablett, S. Johnson and Chapman all up and firing 100+ each week.

Thought about maybe Leon Neon but Geelong will likely win every game this year and Chapman's hammy's will hold up.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back