2009 Trade Discussion- Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

swans4eva

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Trade discussion thread has now hit 999 posts and i feel it is appropriate to make trade discussion 7!:D

This weeks trades-
Beams to Muston

Next Week
Sheldon to Salopek

Still undecided on what i am going to do about chad!

I will be keeping the chad.... he's too godo to get rid of and with back rookies doing ok at the moment, I don't think it's worth the trade.

beams -> Muston
tuck -> Premium OR M.Brown -> Premium

Trade discussion thread has now hit 999 posts and i feel it is appropriate to make trade discussion 7!:D

This weeks trades-
Beams to Muston

Next Week
Sheldon to Salopek

Still undecided on what i am going to do about chad!

why do we make new parts after 1000 posts?

just curious.

1st Trade

A.Joseph for Muston

2nd Trade

Ziebell + $179800 for a forward below 453.1k (ie anyone)

I have 11 trades and only 1 injury concern (chad cornes).

Who should I bring in???

stevie j: overpriced
riewoldt: he is gonna fall about 20k over the next 3 weeks :thumbsdown:
ROK: missed the boat, now overpriced
sylvia: can't possibly continue this form + overpriced
didak: set to fall 20-30k in the next 3 weeks

Before you suggest them, i have gia and deledio :(

brad johnson? petrie? goodwin? rioli? brennan?

Help! :p

starting to question the validity of a robo -> muston trade

robo still with some more improvement left in him

My other mids are:

Bartel, Swan, Cornes, Gibbs, Hasleby, Coughlan, Anthony

Anthony is just sitting there like a talented pile of shit, obviously no point downgrading him at this stage.

Hasleby too good to do anything right now.

Coughlan a worry - not sure if his demotion last week was injury based or not. If he is once again not in the Richmond side I might seriously contemplate trading him out and leaving Robinson/Muston to be my sixth for a few weeks. But if Cogs is named he is certainly going to rise and there's no point trading him down. The question then becomes do I trade in Muston at all? Sure he's a gun but I have Broughton, Robinson, Walker & Brown all on my bench as good cash cows.

starting to question the validity of a robo -> muston trade

robo still with some more improvement left in him

My other mids are:

Bartel, Swan, Cornes, Gibbs, Hasleby, Coughlan, Anthony

Anthony is just sitting there like a talented pile of shit, obviously no point downgrading him at this stage.

Hasleby too good to do anything right now.

Coughlan a worry - not sure if his demotion last week was injury based or not. If he is once again not in the Richmond side I might seriously contemplate trading him out and leaving Robinson/Muston to be my sixth for a few weeks. But if Cogs is named he is certainly going to rise and there's no point trading him down. The question then becomes do I trade in Muston at all? Sure he's a gun but I have Broughton, Robinson, Walker & Brown all on my bench as good cash cows.
Same problem for me, aaron joseph just had a good game, has a breakeven of 22 this week and is set to rise 20k in the next 3 weeks. I've got liam anthony sitting there, probably going to be back in next week, so no point trading him. I have a midfield of:

selwood corey kornes s.tuck hasleby rich (joseph anthony)

Is it worth keeping joseph and missing out on a 200k gain from Muston in 3 weeks? Especially when Muston could consistently pull 80+ points and be a valuable reserve and possibly even 6th mid when injuries hit.

I'm gonna do it. Then next week, I'm going to take rich out and bring bartel in at his lowest leaving me with a midfield of:

bartel selwood corey kornes s.tuck haselby (muston anthony)

You didn't think it was so impressive when I did it last week :p

hehe yup, I guess another ton from a rookie does change things.

I've decided I'll likely pull the trigger from Robinson to Muston - the extra 30k that Robinson might rise isn't that much, and then having another cash cow in Muston will mean that I can wait for guys like Broughton/Walker/M. Brown/Sidebottom to fully mature before trading them down as I will have some cash on hand. Particularly I don't want to have to trade down a forward rookie to Ballantyne before Ballantyne's played two games...just want the all clear. With the cash in hand I can easily trade Z to Didak in the next couple of weeks. I can also then let Cogs sit for a while if I must.

hehe yup, I guess another ton from a rookie does change things.

I've decided I'll likely pull the trigger from Robinson to Muston - the extra 30k that Robinson might rise isn't that much, and then having another cash cow in Muston will mean that I can wait for guys like Broughton/Walker/M. Brown/Sidebottom to fully mature before trading them down as I will have some cash on hand. Particularly I don't want to have to trade down a forward rookie to Ballantyne before Ballantyne's played two games...just want the all clear. With the cash in hand I can easily trade Z to Didak in the next couple of weeks. I can also then let Cogs sit for a while if I must.
Pretty sure I'm gonna go Ziebell to brad johnson or rioli this week. He is a cash cow, and with his dodgy groin and the fact that he is priced over his 'real' price, its time for the milkin' ;)

This week:

In: Muston @86.6k, Brad Johnson/Rioli @ 342-344k
Out: Joseph @ 175k, Ziebell @ 273k

Leaves me with 108-110k

Next week:

In: Bartel @ 445k, Ellis @ 290k
Out: Rich @ 300k, Cornes @ 347k + 110k

Should leave me with about 20k and my team completely set.

This week:

Robinson -> Muston
Cornes -> Mundy**

Next week:
Rich -> Bartel

Will give me 7 trades left...

**Mundy has scored very well apart from rds where he wasn't 100% (rd 8 & 9). But other options are Ellis or Newman. IMO 4-6 weeks is too long to wait for a premium, especially if still in eliminator :p.

Hey guys,

Looking to downgrade Angus Graham to free up 140k or so to upgrade one of my starting rookies to a premium.

Who is the best 76 or 86k rookie ruckman to downgrade to? Already got M Pyke as my 2nd bench ruckman.

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom 4 mids: Rich, Coughlan, Muston, Beams
Bottom 4 forwards: Krakouer, Ziebell, Sidebottom, Crippled Hentschel

Can only upgrade one atm and keep the rest for a while (have 8 trades atm).

Option 1: Rich/Coughlan -> Ablett (keep the forwards as is)

Option 2: Krakouer/Ziebell -> Steve Johnson (stuck with Hentschel as deadweight)

Option 3: Hentschel -> Forward under 340K (one of Krak/Ziebell drops to bench)

Leaning towards 3 atm as it gives me some forwardline depth while improving it at the same time (Brown/Franklin/Brennan options).

Bottom 4 mids: Rich, Coughlan, Muston, Beams
Bottom 4 forwards: Krakouer, Ziebell, Sidebottom, Crippled Hentschel

Can only upgrade one atm and keep the rest for a while (have 8 trades atm).

Option 1: Rich/Coughlan -> Ablett (keep the forwards as is)

Option 2: Krakouer/Ziebell -> Steve Johnson (stuck with Hentschel as deadweight)

Option 3: Hentschel -> Forward under 340K (one of Krak/Ziebell drops to bench)

Leaning towards 3 atm as it gives me some forwardline depth while improving it at the same time (Brown/Franklin/Brennan options).

i wouldnt go 3, as it will leave u with alot of cash sitting on the bench id get ablett if he isnt injured this week cause u will gain more points per game

yeah common guys we are smarter than the supercoach duds

lol anyways, im jus wanting some other options for my side this week if possible? 10 trades 161k
check-1.jpg

i wouldnt go 3, as it will leave u with alot of cash sitting on the bench id get ablett if he isnt injured this week cause u will gain more points per game

Thanks, mate.

Upgrading Rich/Cogs when I have much weaker players in Krak/Ziebell just seems wrong. Hentschel is costing me a few 0s at times, I don't want to use another trade on him (ie: -> Ballantyne), thinking that option would benefit my team long term.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=78114

Draftee Zac Clarke, who was influential in the WAFL at the weekend, is the other option. Hayden Ballantyne booted five goals in the state competition and appears likely to replace Des Headland (quad), while rookie Clancee Pearce (26 possessions) pushed his claims playing for Swan Districts

3 more rookies from Freo in contention providing some decent downgrade options in the near future. Onya Harvs :thumbsu:

I don't know why people are so desperate to get Ablett. He's got a dodgy ankle injury, groin problems and I'm still a bit suspicious about that hamstring of his. I'd never buy him with an injury cloud that's hailing heavily, not to mention he goes to Subiaco this week and the surface of that ground is hard so I wouldn't be surprised if anything happens. Not to mention, it's followed up by another Subi game.

A player I'm keeping my close eye on is Robert Murphy, his value has plummeted due to getting injured on field and playing while injured but when he comes back, he'll be scoring huge as he's the go-to guy when he's roaming around the forward line or even the midfield. Not only will he be cheap as chips but also a big scorer so even though my Forward line is complete with no rookies, I might consider trading someone like Buddy or Dale Thomas to him... Though there's a lot to consider, it'll probably leave me with 5 trades left.

yeah common guys we are smarter than the supercoach duds

lol anyways, im jus wanting some other options for my side this week if possible? 10 trades 161k
check-1.jpg
10 trades left and thats ur team?
wow man wtf have u done with the 10 trades uve used :confused:
I can see a potential 6 upgrades there leaving u with like 1-2 LTI trades up ur sleeve

krakwhore, zeibell, hill, zakmaracas shouldve been traded already... Dunno why u wud have pratt..

Thanks, mate.

Upgrading Rich/Cogs when I have much weaker players in Krak/Ziebell just seems wrong. Hentschel is costing me a few 0s at times, I don't want to use another trade on him (ie: -> Ballantyne), thinking that option would benefit my team long term.

Personally I would look to upgrade Krak or Ziebell. Rich and Coughlan have a ways to go, and you have good backup. Krak is going backwards fast, so if you want to get any value out of him, he needs to go pronto. Ziebell will be on that path soon enough aswell.

Have to'd a fro'd a lot about my trades

At this stage I'll be doing Otten to Muston for sure.

Then i'll either do Pearce to Kornes this week and Rich to Bartel the following week leaving me 10 trades abd $60k

or Pearce to Ablett this week and Rich to Bartel, Brown -> Ballantyne next week leaving me 9 trades and $40k left

Not sure Ablett is worth the extra $120k over Kornes, when I'll have Bartel as a (C) option.

Am now looking at a league win - so thinking I might get Ablett in about 6 weeks if all is still looking swell

10 trades left and thats ur team?
wow man wtf have u done with the 10 trades uve used :confused:
I can see a potential 6 upgrades there leaving u with like 1-2 LTI trades up ur sleeve

krakwhore, zeibell, hill, zakmaracas shouldve been traded already... Dunno why u wud have pratt..
Quite possibly a few have been used on injuries. If you can't cover Chad he needs to go. Do Something like Chad -> Lockyer and Kraks/Ziebell -> Didak. Or something along those lines.

I think people also need to remember that there is also split round coming up so alot of these 4-6 week injuries are really 3-5 weeks so i wont be trading chad when i will be getting hodge back and broughton has started playing (hope he keeps playing) and with a new coach coming to the tigers i think i might keep raines for a bit and hope he getts some game time or has a role change that will help him(hes off the injury list too). But thats just some food for thought ppl

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion- Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back