2010 All-Australian Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls has a massive, massive stiffy for Stevie J, so I'm willing to bet money he'll be selected in the A/A team. Not that I disagree with Stevie J's inclusion. I agree with argument that he gets it pretty sweet, playing up forward for the Cats. People tend to gloss over his quieter games and go into raptures when he plays well. But I think he is one of the best forwards in the AFL - very creative - far better than "Mr Clean Shorts" Brad Green.

Dam FandB
Sorry that SJ averages the most goals contributed per game.
Geelong aint the only high scoring team and Johnson aint the only forward that plays forward but yes he is doing his job ok. Sorry maybe you would rate him more if he was maybe coming second or third in that important forward stat that shows he if performing his job very well and not leading it.

You are seriously trying to tell me Geelong was in danger of losing that game? You cant have one match winner when you win by 50 points, that is ridiculous.
Well one of the match winners. I mean Brownlow medal, media award votes type performance. He was the key up forward.

Does that mean we discount the good performers in all of Collingwood's big wins because they would have won anyway? I don't think the margin is important it's the performance of the individuals. Overall I don't think SJ has been influential in enough matches. Maybe that's due to high standards we have or because he has so many good teammates. Good season but very much borderline for the team.

Does anyone disagree with my earlier post that Franklin must be CHF.
No.

Only thing I disagree on is that Hall or Riewoldt can't be put at CHF. Key forwards are key forwards and I think looking for a CHF to fill the position just because he is a true CHF is wrong. Last year I didn't think any CHB's were good so I had Lake at CHB and Scarlett at FB. The days of clear cut positions are fading anyway.

If anyone has some stats on Jack Reiwoldt it would be appreciated.

But I think he had a ripping 6-7 games where he probably averaged about 6 goals per week which accounts or the bulk of his goals this year and the rest of the time he has been good but not great considering the amount of ball that gets delivered to him.

I'd have Barry Hall at FF and am not sure about CHF, maybe Pavlich or Franklin.

No.

Only thing I disagree on is that Hall or Riewoldt can't be put at CHF. Key forwards are key forwards and I think looking for a CHF to fill the position just because he is a true CHF is wrong. Last year I didn't think any CHB's were good so I had Lake at CHB and Scarlett at FB. The days of clear cut positions are fading anyway.

Well if Franklin didnt play this year then yes i could cope with that but he has played.
Or if there wasnt any CHF playing at AA level but there is so we agree Franklin is a lock and is a must have.

If anyone has some stats on Jack Reiwoldt it would be appreciated.

But I think he had a ripping 6-7 games where he probably averaged about 6 goals per week which accounts or the bulk of his goals this year and the rest of the time he has been good but not great considering the amount of ball that gets delivered to him.

I'd have Barry Hall at FF and am not sure about CHF, maybe Pavlich or Franklin.
I think you could say exactly the same thing about Barry Hall. He has been really good in a handful of games, but most of the time, he has been merely adequate

Preposterous to elevate Hall over Riewoldt due to the amount of ball which gets delivered Jack's way. Barry Hall has benefitted from the being the centrepiece of the Bulldogs forward line. He's probably received as much ball as Riewoldt.

^Swans game. SJ was the match winner that night.

Semantics I know, but that makes it sound like Geelong would not have won if he hadn't of played.

Of course you can give credit for SJ performance that night, he was brilliant.

You don't discount the performances when teams play well and win comfortably, that is not my point at all. My point is that SJ has ONLY played well when the Cats have gone into harlem globetrotter mode and toyed with the opposition. When it has been a tough hard game, he is ordinary. Or has been this season.

Collingwood does not have a harlem globetrotter mode just yet, here's hoping they do someday soon. Even so, I'm certain there would be a huge line up of people saying Didak was not worthy had he not performed so brilliantly against the Cats and Saints late in the season.
Didak was also pretty good against the Lions when we lost. Swan has been great all year, I still think his best game of the year was against Melbourne when we drew. (might not even get the 3 Brownlow votes! Thanks Moloney!) O'Brien has beaten Stevie J twice, was excellent the first time against the Saints, and just average the second. Both times against the Dogs he was very good.
Against Port when we needed a lift, the guys to get us there were Swan, Didak and Pendlebury. Pendlebury was also good in the draw against Melbourne and the second game against the Dogs, while his recent games against Geelong and St.Kilda have been excellent as well.

Dale Thomas is a smokey, but he was our best in our loss to Brisbane and our 1 point win against Melbourne.

So who else in Collingwood is being considered for All Australian due to him beating up weak opponents or only performing when the team is flying??

I Hope this isn't too biased......

B.. N.Maxwell (C) S.Prestigiacomo B.Johnson
HB.. H.O'Brien B.Reid H.Shaw
C. S.Wellingham D.Swan D.Thomas
HF A.Didak T.Cloke S.Sidebottom
F J.Blair C.Dawes D.Beams

RUCKS.. D.Jolly S.Pendlebury (VC) L.Ball

I/C A.Toovey L.Brown B.McCaffer T.Goldsack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Hope this isn't too biased......

B.. N.Maxwell (C) S.Prestigiacomo B.Johnson
HB.. H.O'Brien B.Reid H.Shaw
C. S.Wellingham D.Swan D.Thomas
HF A.Didak T.Cloke S.Sidebottom
F J.Blair C.Dawes D.Beams

RUCKS.. D.Jolly S.Pendlebury (VC) L.Ball

I/C A.Toovey L.Brown B.McCaffer T.Goldsack

But, but you left out Davis and Medhurst :eek:

B S. Fisher B. Lake S. Gilbert
HB B. Goddard H. Taylor L. Hodge
C J. Selwood L. Hayes M. Boyd
HF P. Chapman M. Pavlich (c) A. Goodes
F M. LeCras J. Riewoldt A. Didak
1R A. Sandilands D. Swan G. Ablett
INT S. Mumford C. Enright B. Harvey B. Hall

But, but you left out Davis and Medhurst :eek:

Yeah just couldn't squeeze them in....
In fact, I think it should look more like this:

B.. A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey
HB.. A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey
C. A.Toovey A.Toovey(C) A.Toovey
HF A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey
F A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey(VC)

RUCKS.. A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey

I/C A.Toovey A.Toovey D.Swan

Does anyone disagree with my earlier post that Franklin must be CHF.

He's not a lock. There haven't been any standouts though which you pointed out. Not a big year for key position forwards. It'll be a pretty low count for the Coleman winner.

Yeah just couldn't squeeze them in....
In fact, I think it should look more like this:

B.. A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey
HB.. A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey
C. A.Toovey A.Toovey(C) A.Toovey
HF A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey
F A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey(VC)

RUCKS.. A.Toovey A.Toovey A.Toovey

I/C A.Toovey A.Toovey D.Swan

Where's Josh?

B C. Enright B. Lake S. Gilbert
HB B. Goddard _______ L. Hodge
C S. Pendlebury L. Hayes M. Boyd
HF P. Chapman L. Franklin A. Goodes
Rucks A. Sandilands D. Swan G. Ablett
INT C. Judd J. Selwood L. Montagna _________

For CFB: Harry Taylor, Harry Obrian, Sam Fisher??

Last bench spot: Brent Harvey, Daniel Cross, David Mundy, Kade Simpson, N. Riewoldt??

B C. Enright B. Lake S. Gilbert
HB B. Goddard _______ L. Hodge
C S. Pendlebury L. Hayes M. Boyd
HF P. Chapman L. Franklin A. Goodes
Rucks A. Sandilands D. Swan G. Ablett
INT C. Judd J. Selwood L. Montagna _________

For CFB: Harry Taylor, Harry Obrian, Sam Fisher??

Last bench spot: Brent Harvey, Daniel Cross, David Mundy, Kade Simpson, N. Riewoldt??

lol x2

B. Enright Lake Frawley
HB. Goddard Taylor Hodge
C. Ablett Swan Pendlebury
HF. Didak Hall Chapman
F. LeCras J.Riewoldt S. Johnson
R. Sandilands Cross Selwood

Int. Pavlich, Judd, Cooney, Hayes

EMG. O'Brien Malceski Montagna

Was tempted to leave out Pavlich altogether, but he gets a gig every year so may as well include him.

As a Melbourne fan, I'll be very annoyed if Frawley doesn't get in. Definitely deserves it. Doubt the selectors will see it that way though. Green and Jamar would be close, but not quite good enough to make the final 22. Definitely in the 40 though.

aa20.png

Does anyone know if in the past any betting agencies have offered markets for betting on the All-Australian Team/Squad?

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 All-Australian Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back