2010 All-Australian Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im pretty sure Riewoldt HAS to be named at full forward because he won the coleman?

Jolly severely sucked for the first 5 games. If Jolly makes the side, then so should Goodes. Goodes has had periods of greatness, and has also sucked. Its the same notion.

You can't be seriously having a whinge here can you, particularly about Goodes?

You are talking about the same Adam Goodes who polls 3 brownlow votes on the back of a 12 possession game? The same Adam Goodes who only needs to play 3 good games a year to be in "Brownlow contention"?

I think averaging 20 touches, seven marks and kicking 42 goals in a so-called inconsistent season would illustrate just how phenomenal Goodes is.

I can't believe not one of those "experts" :rolleyes: didn't have Deledio in their team but most had O'Brien. Lol, what a joke.

O'Brien = this year's Maxwell obviously.

Hyped up selection in the media that has a good year by their standards but not AA standards.

lol, Richmond = awesome:thumbsu:

Having not read the thread, nor knowing who made the Squad of 40, here's my All-Australian Team for 2010, with criteria as follows -

• Minimum 15 games played
  • Two key defenders and two key forwards
  • A ruckman, forward, midfielder and defender on the bench
B: Graham Johncock - Brian Lake - Greg Broughton
HB: James Kelly - Sam Gilbert - Darren Milburn
C: Brendon Goddard - Gary Ablett - Dane Swan
HF: Paul Chapman - Lance Franklin - Alan Didak
F: Brent Harvey - Matthew Pavlich - Cyril Rioli
R: Aaron Sandilands - Chris Judd - Joel Selwood
I: Shane Mumford - Dale Thomas - Luke Hodge - Corey Enright

Highlighted what won't happen.

You got 10 out of 22.

Having not read the thread, nor knowing who made the Squad of 40, here's my All-Australian Team for 2010, with criteria as follows -

• Minimum 15 games played
  • Two key defenders and two key forwards
  • A ruckman, forward, midfielder and defender on the bench
B: Graham Johncock - Brian Lake - Greg Broughton
HB: James Kelly - Sam Gilbert - Darren Milburn
C: Brendon Goddard - Gary Ablett - Dane Swan
HF: Paul Chapman - Lance Franklin - Alan Didak
F: Brent Harvey - Matthew Pavlich - Cyril Rioli
R: Aaron Sandilands - Chris Judd - Joel Selwood
I: Shane Mumford - Dale Thomas - Luke Hodge - Corey Enright

Easily the worst team I've seen on here in a while. Greg Broughton? Surely you jest.

You can't be seriously having a whinge here can you, particularly about Goodes?

You are talking about the same Adam Goodes who polls 3 brownlow votes on the back of a 12 possession game? The same Adam Goodes who only needs to play 3 good games a year to be in "Brownlow contention"?
yes that is true, but those possessions were NOT junk, they were influential, hence, the BOG from the umps, just like a player kicking 8 goals from 8 kicks would be BOG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlighted what won't happen.

You got 10 out of 22.

No Chapman are you serious? And I hope that you highlighted Hodge for being on the bench because he is an AA lock.

Everyone must realise if they don't include Frawley in their teams then the Melbourne supporters will shoot them down in flames. Hope the AA selectors don't exclude him for your sakes Dees...
(though he is in my team, you never know which way they're gonna go)

Everyone must realise if they don't include Frawley in their teams then the Melbourne supporters will shoot them down in flames. Hope the AA selectors don't exclude him for your sakes Dees...
(though he is in my team, you never know which way they're gonna go)

Won't be too concerned if he misses out this year, i think he'll have other opportunities to get a guernsey, green is the one i'd like to see at least snag a spot on the bench. Having said that, all 3 melbourne players wouldn't look out of place in the 22, can make a case for each of them, a few "expert journos" have had all 3 in, will see tomorrow evening.

I can't believe not one of those "experts" :rolleyes: didn't have Deledio in their team but most had O'Brien. Lol, what a joke.

O'Brien = this year's Maxwell obviously.

Hyped up selection in the media that has a good year by their standards but not AA standards.

I think I'll be sick if O'Brien is anywhere near the AA 22. What a joke.

Brent Harvey should get a spot on the bench.

- over 30 disposals 7 times this season
- 26 goals
- Top 10 in both Goal Assists and Inside 50s
- Elite disposal efficiency of 79%

It's funny, a few years ago the AA selectors baulked at Pies players, now this is happening in reverse it seems.

It's not going to be like Geelong in 07 (9 players named) but I think we rightfully deserve 4 on the team. We won 17.5 games this year. Swan, Pendlebury, Didak & Harry were massive contributors in that.

Nothing wrong if they pick O'Brien. He has had a good year and while some of us might have others ahead of him, he doesn't look out of place in the AA team for this year. He is starting to become a bit of a FIGJAM though so an AA selection will only fuel the fire.

It's not going to be like Geelong in 07 (9 players named) but I think we rightfully deserve 4 on the team. We won 17.5 games this year. Swan, Pendlebury, Didak & Harry were massive contributors in that.

I don't think Harry deserves a spot, to be honest.

He stands out because of the dreads and the dash, but I think there have more productive players in his position this year.

MY ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM.
B: Kelly Lake Frawley
HB: Goddard Taylor Hodge
C: Selwood Hayes Boyd
HF: Chapman Franklin Didak
F: Le Cras Riewoldt Green
FOLL: Sandilands Swan Ablett
INT: Jamar Judd Pavlich Pendlebury

i think its safe to say it doesn't really matter how many u win. Hawks won 17 in 2008... we had 2 in there and only 3 nominated.

I think its who catches the eye the most. I actually doubt Brady Rawlings will make it... when i'd say he probably deserves it. I'd say Harry O will get a spot, because he catches the eye!

what irritates me is if hodge gets in... and he must... it'll be on the HBF! freakin stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 All-Australian Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back