2010 General Dream Team discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Il just let bigfooty pick my side
That seems to have worked for most people

Sounds bitter mate.

Trading will make set a good DT aside from the 'BF generated teams'. There are always gems that BF have missed such as Mundy, Gilbert, etc. Although agreed, stock standard BF side would have done well this year.

Courageous meaning he will play even if injured? That means he is pretty durable.

No he means the courage in putting your head over the ball. He attacks the ball a bit recklessly, he leaves himself open for accidents like last weekend. Selwood is the same - how many times has he KO'd himself already this season?

Oh, and stock standard BF squads have done superbly so far this year. A few hiccups with injuries to Higgins, Houlihan, Chapman and Ziebell, bit otherwise killing.

That said, most people on here would have the same core players. We all have BF teams. :p

I wonder what bargains will arise next year? Only early LTI's I can think of is Hille, Palmer, Harvey, Crowley, Richo and Waters.

Got it in one ;)

Something I have to look at though, is picking more players from successful teams ala St Kilda this year.

Thats easy to say in hindsight, but picking the top 4/top 8 is always tough. I think the key is to look at the different gamestyles of clubs, and try and get players from clubs who play very DT-conducive games.

I would say so. I avoided HMac this year and it was the wrong move. Ill definitely be on board the Hille train come 2010.

Won't be touching Hille next year as I highly doubt he'll be ready. A knee reco for a midfielder like Hase is one thing but for a ruckmen (and a huge one at that) it's mighty tough to come back from.

That's what I thought about Simmonds last season. I picked Hamish instead who stunk it up and got injured ... then traded him to Hille who scored similar to Simmonds and then also missed the last few games. :cool:

Although I don't recall why Simmonds missed most of 2006, probably wasn't the same injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna pick up Tom Scully for sure next year, he went to my school.
Scully will kill it next year. Heard lots of good things.
Same. BSC FTW!

Has the potential to be a DT star; But remember with DT, it's more to do with games so they have time to rise enough. So if he's drafted to a Geelong, Hawks, Port Adelaide, etc I wouldn't go near him or any drafted midfielder. But if he goes to a Melbourne/Freo, he could be a very nice pick-up indeed although his price may be a little inflated with him all but locked-in in the top three.

Has the potential to be a DT star; But remember with DT, it's more to do with games so they have time to rise enough. So if he's drafted to a Geelong, Hawks, Port Adelaide, etc I wouldn't go near him or any drafted midfielder. But if he goes to a Melbourne/Freo, he could be a very nice pick-up indeed although his price may be a little inflated with him all but locked-in in the top three.
He will go to a crap team, top pick for sure.

The next Chris Judd they are calling him.

Dont think GC will have as many rookies as people think, some mighty hevty trading will take place. Saints will want 2 or 3 top 10 picks for Volt. Beams will be sooking his way home too.
Im pretty sure riewoldt has already signed a contract hasnt he????

I dont think he will leave, but i spose thats based on gut feeling lol.

Im pretty sure he will go number one. Possibly Butcher instead, but if Melbourne gets the priority they will just take both. He will undoubtedly go top 3.

Where was Jack Watts this time last year? Daniel Rich was the certainty to go top three.

I'm loving the pricing of rookies this year and hope it's retained for next year. Will be interesting to see if people go for your Scully and Lucas types even if they're 150k.

The next Chris Judd they are calling him.

Whoa! Easy tiger...

Im pretty sure he will go number one. Possibly Butcher instead, but if Melbourne gets the priority they will just take both. He will undoubtedly go top 3.

As I said, he's a great young player. But I don't think labelling him a definite top 3 pick this far out is overly smart. If he doesn't excell in either the Champs/draft camp or has an injury riddled season from here on in; He could slip just like Selwood did, and even like Swift did last year. Should go top 2 barring injury though, but we'll see what happens...

Same here. I think the pricing set-up made people think a lot more about those early draft picks. I dont think they should apply it to the rookie draft players, they shouldnt cost more than a national draft second round player.

Not sure where Watts was, didnt seem to be much hype about him. I think him going number one had more to do with him being a Victorian boy, plus with Neitz retiring they (Melbourne) needed a replacement forward. Watts is the long term prospect. Rich was AFL ready, but probably has less upside.

Dont know how AFL ready Scully is, but he sounds like a future star. Apparently his preparation is meticulous, and he hits the track hard. Remember reading an article about how he has never drunk alchohol, and never used to go to parties as he was too focused on training, in order to reach the AFL.

Players with that sort of dedication and skill dont come around very often. I think he go pick 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 General Dream Team discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back