2010 General Dream Team discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a quick note to the regulars here seeking your support.

The board will start to pick up pace at a massive rate over the next 6 weeks so if you could help new posters by directing them (nicely :D) towards the relevant threads that would be much appreciated.

We're in the process of appointing a new Mod who is a regular poster on the board which will no doubt help but if you guys could help out it would be great. We want to encourage as many posters as possible to visit so keep it nice but these guys often post in the wrong place simply because they're not regular so any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the process of updating the rules thread but in the meantime I've set up a new stickied link to each of the team boards for DT questions. Just waiting on the last 2 to be set up. This will help you guys find the information in one place and also help posters on the team boards who often get frustrated when questions are posted in the wrong areas. Here's the link:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668592

Cheers and thanks for the support.

I'm in the process of updating the rules thread but in the meantime I've set up a new stickied link to each of the team boards for DT questions. Just waiting on the last 2 to be set up. This will help you guys find the information in one place and also help posters on the team boards who often get frustrated when questions are posted in the wrong areas. Here's the link:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668592

Cheers and thanks for the support.

Nice work Dogs, appreciate the time and effort you've committed. Saw this thread yesterday and thought it was a great idea :thumbsu:.

Can do Dogs.

It is sometimes annoying when infrequent DT poster comes in and ask questions that have been discussed to death.

Perhaps we should encourage them to skim read the respective threads before posting?

He's already mentioned one rookie who I was hoping he'd keep quiet.
The way he's noted him, I wouldn't be surprised if the player automatically gets thrown into everyones teams as a defender.

Those live things on the AFL site never work on my pc. :( anyone wanna give me the gist? :D

Nominated Tapscott and Martin as being ready made players, also mentioned that Koby Stevens is coming off OP and will take a while to get into things. Was asked about Brisbane and suggested Redden and Polkinghorne should be the ones to step up.

Not a lot that hasn't been mentioned here, as Narkee said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont get why people are asking to have their team rated in the other thread. By the end of 4 pre-season games everyone will have made at least 10 changes to their team...

Is there any way we can see our team from last year? I remember there was a link to do the same thing at the beginning of last year.
Nope I'm pretty sure there wasn't. Once the new season has begun, past results are unavailable. I always keep screenshots of my team, so that helps a fair bit.

Consistent Dreamteam players

Following these links on Dreamteammanager.com Draft Kit > Analysis > Consistency by the Week, there is a section on consistency in players weekly scores in Dreamteam 2009.
The players listed are the top 100 averages. There are not many defenders or rucks listed. Would someone help me out by posting the top 10 conistent players from each position. This would help me find more consistent defenders and rucks for my 2010 dreamteam.

Re: Consistent Dreamteam players

ye, why couldnt you ask this the the random question thread

Close Thread

For once I agree with you footycool! I must be going crazy! :eek:

Following these links on Dreamteammanager.com Draft Kit > Analysis > Consistency by the Week, there is a section on consistency in players weekly scores in Dreamteam 2009.
The players listed are the top 100 averages. There are not many defenders or rucks listed. Would someone help me out by posting the top 10 conistent players from each position. This would help me find more consistent defenders and rucks for my 2010 dreamteam.

Haven't got a list mate but it's actually an important concept of DT that hasn't been covered off a lot this year.

Standard deviation or consistency is considered important in selecting the initial starting squad because inconsistent players can generally be picked up cheaply throughout the year. A guy like Boyd who rarely has a poor game will struggle to be brought in throughout the season because of his low SD. IIRC though, Sam Fisher has got down to 300K in each of the last 2 seasons as he fluctuates in price when tagged or allowed to run free. He's a guy who might be a nice upgrade option for a Kennelly / Broadbent when the time is right.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 General Dream Team discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back