Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN has rounds 1 & 2, CBS 3&4 - though it is the same CBS announcers. Only difference is Mike Tirico in Butler Cabin for ESPN

ESPN has Curtis Strange in there as well.

This Masters leaderboard seems very unreliable, constantly changing, and somehow Greg Norman got a start with his own tee time of 9.50am

Should still be able to see at least Tigers last few holes live on ONE HD, especially considering how long it takes players to get around Augusta (up to four hours on Friday and Saturday).

Some Aussies started solidly, Leishman even through 4, Nathan Green even through 6.

5 to 6 under usually leads the first round, although their could be a score "out of the box" if conditions suit it.

Should still be able to see at least Tigers last few holes live on ONE HD, especially considering how long it takes players to get around Augusta (up to four hours on Friday and Saturday).

Should still have about 10 holes to go actually.

Someone tell Campbell not to bother rocking up anymore. He lost is game a while ago.

Last year of his exemption from his US Open win, got to feel sorry for him the way its fallen apart.

Crazy leaderboard, couldn't be any better for an exciting Masters, if only Scott has made that birdie at 16.

That second shot at eight was phenomenal. A lot of professionals could play every day and not hit a shot like that, yet he takes five months off and does it on his first competitive round back.

Couples looks very at ease too, his game is in fine shape.

Someone tell Campbell not to bother rocking up anymore. He lost is game a while ago.

David Duval was arguably in worse shape than Campbell is now, and he's got his game back to a certain extent.

It's funny how past champions always seem to come back and do well, no matter how they're playing. Trevor Immelman has been terrible of late, then comes into Augusta and is solid. Sandy Lyle is the one that gets me though. Plays solid at the Masters, don't see him for 12 months, comes back and is solid again.

Reasonable start for the Aussie guys, although Even par seems like 3-4 over in past years. Looks like its gonna take -10 to win it this year...

Its like watching IBF before he had the common sense to retire... every major he embarrasses himself and makes his US Open look like more of a fluke.

Afternoon groups were very lucky with the conditions... wind was howling before the rain, but was almost dead still afterwards.

Stars are aligning for Tiger... miraculous recovery on 9, drive on 10 was dead left but ricocheted into the first cut, drive on 11 was dead right but same thing happened. Maybe the [fabricated] big fella upstairs has a soft spot for sex addicts who like to choke bitches (like Wayne Brady).

Phil the bloke to beat IMO, sincerely hope Tiger doesn't win. Couples and Watson the feel good stories, but they'll fade before back nine on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind if Tiger wins, it feels like he hasn't been gone really but it's a kick in the face for everyone that he does it so easily. Yang making a name for himself as a big tournament player.

From the top scores today I'm going for Westwood and Scott. Hopefully guys like Villegas and Garcia have a good round tomorrow.

If Tiger does win, the other plays better feel embarrassed, because it would be a bad thing for golf if Tiger comes back after 144 days off and just kicks their arse in arguable the biggest tournament there is.

Good to see Phil up there (even though he is so fake it's not funny), and the obvious crowd favourite is going to be Watson.

Imagine Tiger and Watson in the final grouping, I think Tiger would start to hear some comments from the crowd then, as most would want Watson to win.

Probably same goes for Couples.

Adam Scott recovered well, he was +2 at some stage, then finished 3 under, is it finally time for the Mark Phiilpousis of golf to stand up.

If Tiger does win, the other plays better feel embarrassed, because it would be a bad thing for golf if Tiger comes back after 144 days off and just kicks their arse in arguable the biggest tournament there is.

What are you talking about?!

Tiger Woods is probably the most unbelievable golfing prodigy of all time. It wouldn't be remotely surprising or embarrassing for anyone else if he won this.

he got a 10 year exemption to the us open.

Well, at least there i guess it's a full field so it doesn't matter as much.

I still can't see Tiger winning this, there will be a bad round in there somewhere. Shouldn't be doubting him though. Phil is in a great position.

Another intriguing day. As expected the oldies tailed off, and the real cream rose to the top.

Phil summed it up perfectly at the end of the day - something along the lines of "I can go hard at my drives because there's no great penalty, if I miss the fairway I just rely on my short game to come away with par".

Has always been the case at Augusta, and the main reason Australians (Allenby, Scott, et al) struggle to contend. You can be striking the ball brilliantly, but if your not making putts, other guys will keep up. US/British/PGA, miss the fairway and you're screwed, at Augusta you get away with it.

Apparently Scotty had heaps of putts (so what else is new :rolleyes:), that ruined his round. I'm backing Ogilvy to finish the low Aussie, somewhere between 10th-20th.

Tiger looks like the one for me, Poulter just doesn't have 'it' for mine, but I think Westwood will push him all the way...

Looks like being a Tiger vs Phil shootout.

Course will be very firm and quick over the weekend and I think the it will come down to who makes the least mistakes... and of course the most putts.

Westwood looked a bit wobbly on the way in, but I think Poulter is a real chance. Winning the Accenture earlier in the year will definitely benefit him between the ears.

shits me that when the coverage finally comes on, we have to sit through 15 minutes of Andy Maher bluff his way through some commentary, why cant they just go straight to the coverage?

Ten/ONE start their coverage 15 minutes before the ESPN/CBS coverage commences in the US.

shits me that when the coverage finally comes on, we have to sit through 15 minutes of Andy Maher bluff his way through some commentary, why cant they just go straight to the coverage?

Hadn't started in the US. 34 putts for Adam Scott today, didn't quite make it to my prediction of 40.

For god sakes, when will Adam learn to putt, the guy would be up there with the leaders if he could. Not that good from the rest either, took a chip in from Green to make the cut and Aleenby almost did a compltete screw up on 18.

Leaderboard is set up for one crazy weekend though, as has been said Pulter is looking good and seems to have that winning confidence, Tiger and Phil lurking too.

And if anything can happen tomorrow, one of Couples or Watson can shoot 69 or 70 tomorrow and still be in contention. If that happens I'll be happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf 2010 PGA Tour Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back