2010 - Rounds 17-22 Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 20 trades

It'd be Hayes for me. I still have nightmares about a final last year when NDS scored 46 in round 21 last year to cost me my league game. Hayes is as reliable as the day is long, NDS can't handle a tag occasionally.

Thanks mate but i have made my dilema worse :(
I'm going to make an upgrade in my midfield, what do you think:
Ball + Morabito for Bartel + O'Keefe

I will have 30k left over + 1 trade. Luke Ball being out is killing me :(

1 trade left and MUST WIN this week. Who should I move out from:

Sandilands (foot injury, will he play again this year?)
Gilbee (might be a late withdrawl)
Brown (crap scores all year bar last week)
Higgins (crap scores all year)

Have cash in bank so can afford anyone I want.

Depends on where you have cover really mate. Straight up assuming you have no cover then it has to be the one who certainly isn't playing (Sandilands) as opposed to someone who may not be playing.

Overall Ranking : 443 rd
4 Trades remaining.
sc1.png

Need to replace Cooney, and possibly Sandilands given the amount of trades I have left.
Any suggestions appreciated...

Yeah, depends on:

a) Where you have bench cover
b) Which of these players your opponent has (helpful if you have some idea how many trades he has left)
c) How much money you have in the bank

First of all, I'd definitely wait until as close to the lockout as possible. Rumours (which have been refuted) that Sandilands' injury is worse than being reported are cause for caution at the very least. Brown isn't a concern for you. He's been fantastic in Supercoach this year when healthy and crap when he's tried to carry injuries. I'll back him to get 100 against Rutten or Bock, personally.

Gilbee's named on the ground. My understanding is if a player is a late withdrawal and was named on the ground, the team cops a fine. Therefore any player with some sort of injury cloud is usually listed on the bench.

Hard to say without knowing your money situation. I mean, if you can trade Higgins for Didak, jump all over it. But if you've got $100 in the bank, I'd wait until you know for sure that one of these blokes is out (or, in Sandilands case, out for next week).

As for me, I'm tossing up a few things, with one trade left and $76,100 in the bank. I have Cooney and Sandilands in my lineup with bench cover in all positions (though Shuey is obviously a big question mark). Opponent has Cooney, but not Sandilands. Do I:

a) Trade Cooney for a mid (can afford anyone except Swan and Selwood, currently have Ablett, Montagna, Judd, Mitchell, Goodes, Shuey, Stevenson)?

b) Trade Sandilands for the best available ruckman (not even sure who this is...Mumford? Got Jamar, Trengove and Warnock currently)?

c) Sit on my hands, be confident with my better team on paper and hope I've got a trade up my sleeve for the preliminary/gf?

Also massive comcern about Pods vs Lake/Morris. Would anyone approve of me starting Fyfe ahead of him?

I've got Pods and Fyfe as options for F7. Pods could get anwhere from 20 to 120 whereas Fyfe is a safer option for 70 points. Pods is out of touch at the moment so I'll be going Fyfe.

got two trades and 176900

plan was to downgrade bastinac to creighton next week

and upgrade gumby, next week or gf week depending on injuries

but sandi being out still has put a spanner in the works(have Jamar, Warnock, lobbe)

have a few ideas

could trade sandi for jolly or mumford have 490000 to upgrade gumby

trade sandi for mcevoy or a goldstein and have enough for didak, chappy,boomer

or trade gumby for tippett , swap lobbe for tippett for mpp and have 126000 for last up grade of watts or pods

ive been overseas so its hard to find out the latest news, its sandi out? for how long? and should i trade him? I only have 2 trades left and have a weak D7. so downgrade sandi a little to someone 50-100k less and upgrade D7?

Sandi was out last week and again this week. Initial comments would that it would be two weeks tops, so he may be back next week. If you need to win this week, your downgrade/upgrade option may be good. If not and you have playing cover, I'd trade someone else to downgrade personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just traded Harry Taylor to Enright, leaving me with $160,600 and 2 trades. Should I trade Sandilands for Mumford or McIntosh this week then upgrade Pods next week? Or do the Pods upgrade this week and cop the zero in the ruck? (I have no ruck cover).

Nice team, nice bank. I wouldn't trade this week considering you've got cover on all lins except down back. The only trade I might make would be one of Gilbee --> Lake, Pods --> Thomas or upgrading Strijk to Gilbert.

Nice team, nice bank. I wouldn't trade this week considering you've got cover on all lins except down back. The only trade I might make would be one of Gilbee --> Lake, Pods --> Thomas or upgrading Strijk to Gilbert.

Yeah I guess I was more worried about Goodwin sitting on the pine (listed as indefinate).

I need to play 2 out of Pods, Hall, & Ellard????

Who to trade in out of Giansiracusa, Dale Thomas and Richard Douglas? Or go for broke and get Chapman, considering it's a must-win for me this week?

Yeah I guess I was more worried about Goodwin sitting on the pine (listed as indefinate).

I need to play 2 out of Pods, Hall, & Ellard????

Good point. Goodwin to Lake would be a winner if you have league matches to win this week. Otherwise I'd still lean towards no trades.

Who to trade in out of Giansiracusa, Dale Thomas and Richard Douglas? Or go for broke and get Chapman, considering it's a must-win for me this week?

Gia doesn't do it for me. Thomas looks good this year. Don't think he will get rested and is durable. Decent scores for a fwd. Same as Douglas. No one has either of them.. bit of 'X Factor' about those 2. Chappy?? Not sure, falling away a bit and will always have the 'general soreness' or 'hamstring issues' at this time of year unless something has changed.

In order of preference:

1. Goodwin > Lake;
2. Hall > Chapman/Boomer; or
3. Pods > Gia
2. Sandi > Mumford/H-Mac

Take out 3, he's already got Gia. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back