2010 - Rounds 17-22 Trade Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 21 Trades

Ok, with Pav and Higgins out I have to make my last trade to avoid a donut. I have three options:

- Higgins to Gray. Easy draw (Melbourne and Richmond), can put up good points.
- Higgins to Byrnes. Can put up ok points, slightly harder draw (Carlton and WCE) but a lot more durable.
- Pavlich to Varcoe. Putting up better points than Byrnes, but Pav might be back next week so I'd rather hold on to him.

Thoughts?

Tough choice, depending on your opposition i'd probably go Gray if you really needed the points. I'm with you in thinking (or at least hoping) Pav is back next week.

I have a similar issue in that I have Pav, Fyfe, and probably Brown missing from my forward line.... not to mention Sandi (who has Warnock covering for him). I really want to cover Brown, so should i trade Fyfe -> Liam Jones for a big upgrade next week? or go like-for-like and bring in Daisy or Varcoe for Brown? or maybe just go all out and do the Brown trade, and Sandi -> HMac, and let it ride next week. of course if Sandi isn't back next week the big upgrade is potentially useless. 2 trades and $50k left

PS. my opposition this week has Sandi, Brown, and Pav too

Situations changed. In the prelim, 1 trade, $220K in the bank. However, more omissions. Team is:

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Shaw, Gilbert, Waters, Strijk (Roberton, Crameri)
M: Ablett, Swan, Judd, J. Selwood, Cooney, Montagna (Bastinac, Gysberts)
R: Goldstein, Clark (Lobbe, Fitzpatrick)
F: Franklin, Harvey, Pavlich, Goodes, O'Keefe, Rockliff, Fyfe (Rohan, Tarrant)

Replacing Fyfe with Rohan, so I need to make one more trade.

Should I go:

Goldstein >> Mumford
or
Pavlich >> N. Riewoldt

Which option will get me more points?

Help is appreciated :)

Situations changed. In the prelim, 1 trade, $220K in the bank. However, more omissions. Team is:

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Shaw, Gilbert, Waters, Strijk (Roberton, Crameri)
M: Ablett, Swan, Judd, J. Selwood, Cooney, Montagna (Bastinac, Gysberts)
R: Goldstein, Clark (Lobbe, Fitzpatrick)
F: Franklin, Harvey, Pavlich, Goodes, O'Keefe, Rockliff, Fyfe (Rohan, Tarrant)

Replacing Fyfe with Rohan, so I need to make one more trade.

Should I go:

Goldstein >> Mumford
or
Pavlich >> N. Riewoldt

Which option will get me more points?

Help is appreciated :)

Can you do Fyfe to Riewalt?

Might be better as Pav will be back next week to fire at the blues i reckon

I am pretty SCREWED:

Goodwin stuck on the back bench with Lake in doubt.
No Hayes so have to play Blair.
No Pavlich so used MPP and moved Chapman to the forwards and nwo also playing Shuey next to Blair.
No Sandilands so forced to play Warnock and NicNat.

Would like to go Sandi to Jolly and Goodwin to Goddard but not enough cash, I am going Goodwin to Kelly and crossing my fingers because god knows I will need my last trade next week if all these nuff nuffs don't come back.

I'm with you in thinking (or at least hoping) Pav is back next week.

PS. my opposition this week has Sandi, Brown, and Pav too
Pav will be back next week. Sandi too I imagine.

I'm in the same position with Brown, Pav and Sandi and I'm just going to let Warnock or Trengove cover for Sandi, Rockliff covering if Brown misses and then unsure with Pav... Hayes missing in the midfield too with J.Selwood apparently a bit fluey and a chance of a late withdrawal...

With 2 trades left and difficult games in both leagues this weekend I'm considering burning them both. Team is:

B: Goddard, Hodge, Malceski, Enright, Gilby, Gilbert, Shaw [P.Davis, Webberley]
M: Ablett, J.Selwood, Hayes, Judd, Boyd, Goodes [Shuey, Gysberts]
R: Sandilands, Cox [Trengove, Warnock]
F: Harvey, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Franklin, Brown, Waite, N.Riewoldt [Rockliff, Watts]

-Backline is fine.
-Midfield has Shuey cover as long as Selwood plays, but I don't like that risk.
-Plenty of cover in my rucks - was thinking Trengove over Warnock. Does this seem smart?
-Forward line has Rockliff to cover Pav but then what if Brown doesn't pull up... And will Waite bomb against Geelong? Considering upgrading Brown/Waite here.

I'm actually considering Barry Hall - his last two games look decent, or am I being stupid? This would allow me to bring anyone into the midfield for Hayes except for Swan. Say Pendlebury. Or I can go someone cheaper like a Montagna, allowing me to get Chappy into the forward line. Ahhhh too many options... Any input appreciated and sorry for the essay...

At least you have cover.. maybe chop JB?? which leads into my scenario..

Pav, Sandi and JB possibly out. with Warnock covering Sandi and TDL covering one of JB or Pav so it's getting desperate..

2 trades and 75k left..

Seeing as though Pav and JB are virtually the same price..

Trading Pav gives me 464.8k to play with.. Options are

Steve Johnson + 800k
Gia + 1000k
Staker
Douglas
Thomas
Betts even?? 107 against the Cats last time

Not much else really.. maybe Varcoe??

Last trade!

Sandi - Mummy (have NicNat as back up)

or

Pavlich - Didak (have Andrew Moore as cover)

A little help needed.

Going Brown > Chappy

2nd trade l want to off load Gibbs, thinking Brad Sewell. He has scored 127, 69, 127, 128, 132 last 5 games. Gibbs has gone 86, 95, 90, 95, 83 not good enough for a premium mid.

Sewell up againist an undermaned Docker outfit too.

ok trades?

B: Goddard, Hodge, Malceski, Gilbee, Fisher, Hargrave, Enright (Webberly, Maguire)
C: Ablett, Montagna, Judd, Pendlebury, Gibbs, Priddis (Blair, Banner)
R: Mumford, Naitanui (Lobbe, Grimley)
F: Riewoldt, Harvey, Podsiadly, Rockliff, Goodes, Hall, Pavlich (Dangerfield, Playfair)

Should I trade Priddis to Swan cause i dont want to hope for blair to get another 100 and two of my opponents have swan?

OR
Trade Nic Nat to a jolly or cox

just the one trade left, thinking of going hayes > swan
thoughts?
would leave me dry for granny if i get there, but as i can afford swan by like 500 bucks this week, and hayes is out, im thinking i should use the trade, only other injury concern is the pav, everyone else is playing.
should i do the trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hayes out has put a spanner in the works

have no mid res or fwd res if brown does not play

my opponent has 1 donut if they dont trade out higgins

got 2 trades and 176700 got gumby to trade . could spend all my money on a rockliff as cover for browny , leaving a straight trade for next week
or go for a tippett(mpp) 144000 left or varcoe 70000 left

or go for a andrew moore and have 311000 over

have buddy, pods, roo, watts, hitch, rok , jb (pav, gumby)

suggestions?

2nd trade l want to off load Gibbs, thinking Brad Sewell. He has scored 127, 69, 127, 128, 132 last 5 games. Gibbs has gone 86, 95, 90, 95, 83 not good enough for a premium mid.

I thought about this one too. He'll chop up the dockers this week but how do you think he'll go next week against the Pies?

A little help needed.

Going Brown > Chappy

ok trades?

Should be fine for this week. Whether he plays as well against the Pies is another matter though.

Gotta love mid season trading of MPP into the squad for flexibility come finals.
Has worked a treat this round with Pav going down and am confident it will give me the edge in all 3 games

Hmmm, in prelims in all my leagues, Have one trade left with Pav and Sandi both out...
do i:

Sandi to Mummy......leaving Hitchcock as cover for Pav

or

Pav to Dale Thomas/Grundy/varcoe......leaving Trengove as cover for Sandi

***EDIT***: Or I can!! Trade Hitchcock for Phil Davis openning up MMP with Waite...
Swap Waite(def to fwd) with Davis(fwd to def)
Waite to sub on for Pav
Strijk onto the field in def...Strijk has been playing quite well.
???? What you think??? Means i would get a frash pav back next week, and keep saindi. Also my opponent in my main league has been smashed with the outs having 5 of his guns out this week, he'll have 2 trade though.

Please help!!!!
cheers

Who do you guys think is a good cheap fwd rookie to trade down for money, but can sit on the bench for F9 emergency?
David Gourdis at Richmond. Playing as a KPD, but listed as a forward. Price is 100k, scored 87 last week on debut in a thumping against Carlton. Going to see plenty of the ball against the Saints this week too.

I’m in 5 preliminary finals this week. One trade left, and $5,600 in the bank.

I have both Jonathon Brown ($380k) & Shaun Higgins ($347k) in my team. Higgins is a definite out this week, Brown is named, but it’s safe to assume he’s doubtful.

Reports this week suggest that Higgins may not be back next week either. Same could probably be said for Brown.

Which one do I trade out, and who do I bring in?

Hey everyone, I got Sandilands, Pavlich and Fyfe all missing this week with Brown doubtful. Can cover 2 of the forwards with TDL and Pods and covering Sandilands with Skipper.

Only got 1 trade left and 53k in the bank. Unsure whether to use my last trade incase brown doesnt come up or hope that he does come up and save for next week. Not sure if there is even anyone worth bringing in around Browns price range. Was thinking either

Sandilands --> Mumford or Brown --> Tippert

but really not sure what to do. Anyone got any suggestions.

This is probly a stupid question but im just not sure, if i have 2 emgs in one part of the ground that both play but only one 0 for them to cover, will i got the higher of the 2 scores?

Hey everyone, I got Sandilands, Pavlich and Fyfe all missing this week with Brown doubtful. Can cover 2 of the forwards with TDL and Pods and covering Sandilands with Skipper.

Only got 1 trade left and 53k in the bank. Unsure whether to use my last trade incase brown doesnt come up or hope that he does come up and save for next week. Not sure if there is even anyone worth bringing in around Browns price range. Was thinking either

Sandilands --> Mumford or Brown --> Tippert

but really not sure what to do. Anyone got any suggestions.

This is probly a stupid question but im just not sure, if i have 2 emgs in one part of the ground that both play but only one 0 for them to cover, will i got the higher of the 2 scores?

will be lower score counting

I have a dilemma.

I have the biggest game of Supercoach for me this year on the weekend. My friend has 1 donut (Pav) while I have cover in the form of Jack Watts.

Now, I really want to win this game. So, should I keep Pav and play Watts and hope the rest of my team pulls through

OR

trade to... Dale Thomas...?

I only have one trade left. I think I should play it safe and save the trade for next week if need be.

I have a dilemma.

I have the biggest game of Supercoach for me this year on the weekend. My friend has 1 donut (Pav) while I have cover in the form of Jack Watts.

Now, I really want to win this game. So, should I keep Pav and play Watts and hope the rest of my team pulls through

OR

I only have one trade left. I think I should play it safe and save the trade for next week if need be.

watts will need to play really well in SC terms , a lot of his play is good in team play but not in SC terms, he has yet to kick a bag of goals I have been forced to play him because injury and his 50 points ave? wont cut the mustard to replace pav or jb
btw depending on the weather , i am tipping an even a lower attendance than last week at aami:)

keep Pav and play Watts

OR

I'd hang on to Pav and play Watts. That trade could really come in handy in the GF. GL!

Now can anyone shed some light on my situation?

I've finished weekly top 500 last 2 weeks in row. I'm in a super competitive league among friends, but I feel I have a slight edge on my opponent.

2 trades left. 60k in the bank.

Which option would you do?? I'm leaning towards A.

A) No trades. You have sufficient backup in Trengove, and Waters/Stanton both have favourable matchups this week. Look to upgrade next week.

B) Waters>Keplar, then swap Trengove with Keplar. Strijk into B7.

C) Waters>Keplar, Stanton>NDS/Murphy/Bartel

D) Waters>Malceski, Stanton>NDS

E) Sandi>Mumford, Waters>Malceski/Fisher

F) Sandi>Mumford, Stanton>NDS/Murphy/Bartel

scrd20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back