2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate don't know where you get your information from ?

But Reece Conca kicking is not inefficient at all, he his high class kick that rarely ever misses his target.

His kicking to a leading foward target is outstanding.

My information is he is very very high on your list for a first round pick.

He is also a natural leader, and outstanding smart young kid.

He has also played a'lot of senior WAFL footy for a very shit Perth side and played very well.

From his draft video he didn't look anything special, but you've probably seen more of him being from WA so I'll take your word on it.
If we pick him I hope to be proven wrong!
Would still prefer Ben Jacobs if he is available at pick 21

Assuming we elevate Pyke, the Swans will have to delist at least 1 more (most likely Barlow) to use picks 21 and 39 to do the minimum selections. Then we'll have to decide if pick 56 (or a picks in the PSD) is better than keeping a current player (most likely O'Dwyer)

Assuming we elevate Pyke, the Swans will have to delist at least 1 more (most likely Barlow) to use picks 21 and 39 to do the minimum selections. Then we'll have to decide if pick 56 (or a picks in the PSD) is better than keeping a current player (most likely O'Dwyer)

If it's true that we sent pick 90 to the Doggies instead of pick 73, that would suggest that we're planning to use pick 73. That wouldn't bode well for Barlow or MOD, except that our veteran listed players were kept on the senior list last year. If they were to be moved outside the list, that would give us two extra senior list spots. So if Barlow was delisted, we could then use picks 21, 39, 56 and 73, while keeping MOD on the list. MOD may just get another chance.

Trav Cloke

I know he's a terrible set shot and probally cant count to ten but is there anyway we could get him in the preseason draft he is a very good contested mark and is only around 23.
Im thinking along the same lines as how we got Bradshaw offer him 650 a year on a 4 year contract.

Re: Trav Cloke

Just a publicity stunt by Cloke sr. to get some more coin. He'll stay at Collingwood.

Looks like we did trade 90 instead of 73. So perhaps you're on the money here.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draftorder/tabid/16748/default.aspx

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/104042/default.aspx

The Club recruited Andrejs Everitt and kept its first pick in the draft, and is poised to pick up three other players with picks 39, 56 and 73.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7106/newsid/104042/default.aspx

Further confirmation that we traded 90, not 73. Also suggests that we will be using all 4 picks, and in order for us to use all four, at least one veteran will have to be moved off the list, or a surprise delisting will take place.

Re: Trav Cloke

He'd be an idiot to leave and highly, highly unlikely that he will. As S120 said it's just his dad wanting him on a better contract.

If he did you'd be stupid not to have a crack at him because he is only 23 and one of the best CHF's in the comp. GC would snap him up with one of their 1st round picks anyway.

Further confirmation that we traded 90, not 73. Also suggests that we will be using all 4 picks, and in order for us to use all four, at least one veteran will have to be moved off the list, or a surprise delisting will take place.
or perhaps the unthinkable - Craig Bolton retiring :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there a list of current players who maybe available in the draft anywhere?

edit: I found on draft thread so far Houli, Gamble, Spangher, Cloke?? surely there might be others?

a mate mentioned Hallahan, dunno about his footy creds but he won a state boxing title in his 3rd fight as a kid. I like him already.

The important dates are

Friday October 29, 2pm – List Lodgement One.
Wednesday November 10, 2pm – List Lodgement Two.
Thursday November 18 – NAB AFL Draft Selection meeting, Gold Coast Convention Centre.
Wednesday November 24, 2pm – List Lodgement Three and TPP Estimates.
Tuesday December 7, 10am – NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft Meeting (Microsoft Live Meeting).
Tuesday December 7, 10.10am – Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast FC and Sydney Swans Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations.
Tuesday December 7, 10.15am – NAB AFL Rookie Draft Meeting (Microsoft Live Meeting). Team GWS have selections 1-8 and the Gold Coast FC has selection nine and the first selection in each subsequent round.

Not sure how anyone can make anything of a player, with only a few tit bits on the tube to touch on.:confused:

Yeah, this is why I never get heavily involved in drafting discussions on here. I wouldn't have a ****ing clue about any of these kids other than brief youtube clips and a draft camp write ups.

Not sure where everyone else gets all their information.

I think there is a guy called Dustin Berman who is apparently the greatest player to ever come through the combine. We've offered him a 15 year contract for $1.3m a season but Dustin is hesitant to play up here because he is suspicious that we are just having him on and there really is no football club/culture in Sydney.

Yeah, this is why I never get heavily involved in drafting discussions on here. I wouldn't have a ****ing clue about any of these kids other than brief youtube clips and a draft camp write ups.

Not sure where everyone else gets all their information.
Agree with all that and thats all their doing looking at a few clips

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back