2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard on the grapevine that we are really interested in lycett at 21
Seriously? Our recruiting system seems to revolve around stockpiling 2 positions in case of emergency. Just in case we didn't have enough half back flankers already, we went after Everitt - Veszpremi was clearly behind a long line of talented small forwards like Jarred Moore.

And Lycett could be very handy after 2-3 years development if Seaby, Mumford, Pyke and Currie all break down at once

We picked him up in the official Bigfooty Phantom Draft so it could happen :) It wasn't anything serious just friends talking shit, interesting though.

I have it on very good authority that Sydney are seriously looking at picking up Jordan McMahon in the draft. Has already had talks with them.

Were you drinking last night? You're going to be sorry when you see this post in the morning. :eek:

Don't lie to a fellow GD Brah Mario.
Not lying Indie, 100% fact. I'm not saying that you will take him at all, just that there has been contact between the club and his management team and Jordan enquiring whether he would be available to come to Sydney if selected and what kind of deal he might want.

Preliminary talks and I reckon it might be a contingency in case one of their other targets gets selected by someone else or other deals fall through.

Not lying Indie, 100% fact. I'm not saying that you will take him at all, just that there has been contact between the club and his management team and Jordan enquiring whether he would be available to come to Sydney if selected and what kind of deal he might want.

Preliminary talks and I reckon it might be a contingency in case one of their other targets gets selected by someone else or other deals fall through.

Sorry Stinger your post is a little ambiguous.

who made contact with who?

Sorry Stinger your post is a little ambiguous.

who made contact with who?
Well obviously McMahon put out feelers to anyone and everyone after his delisting by Richmond and Sydney contacted his management to see if he would be interested in moving to Sydney.

It's no good working on signing a player if they don't want to come. Doesn't mean they are going to sign him though.

Well obviously McMahon put out feelers to anyone and everyone after his delisting by Richmond and Sydney contacted his management to see if he would be interested in moving to Sydney.

It's no good working on signing a player if they don't want to come. Doesn't mean they are going to sign him though.

Part two is obvious, part 1 is a fair question as it goes to intent.

If McMahon is pushing his own barrow and the Swans said come for a run is different to the swans making a call and asking if he would like to come for training.

I'd be very surprised to see McMahon at Sydney as he fits outside the mold of players being recycled based on work rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny enough I went into the Registration office in QLD the other day and had to get my height measurement...

I stood there and got my height taken, when I was given my license its says 204cm... I was like :O... Then pondered if I had grown. I still haven't checked if the measurement chart is out but I think it is, or it would explain why I have been hitting my head or shit lately...

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Sydney Swans Drafting Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back