Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your stance on players who miss a lot of the season through injury? If Riewoldt comes back later and plays the second half of the season at elite status would he get a place on the list?
Yeah, because his best is better than most. That's the trouble with these lists do you rank them based on consistency or stand out performances.

Heath Scotland in the top 50 but no Tayte Pears?
I didn't know who to put in for Essendon. Stanton has had the best individual game. I've liked Hooker as well. They could easily be somewhere on the list. The last 20 spots are very hard to get right this early in the year but Pears and Hooker could be in their.

Good as always AG... not sure a team who is 1-2 (and has only beaten Richmond) should have 4 representatives in there though.
Maybe Kreuzer should fall out. I underrated Scotland initially and from reading the Blues board he was probably their best behind Simpson. Might have overrated Murphy as well.

Pears, McDonald, Carlile and Roughead are very stiff. Not sure if Brennan should be there. Is playing 3 good games better than 1 outstanding game, 1 very good game and missing 1 game?

13816534.png

totwi.png

Watched WCE v ESS, NTH v SYD, BRI v WBD, MEL v RIC and STK v FRE. Watched a bit of GEE v PTA and haven't seen anything from CAR v ADE or COL v HAW.

Good work again AG
Pleasantly surprised with Thomas' form this year & good to see him get a bit of recognition around BF... he has really stepped it up a notch.
Sidebottom probably a bit lucky to make it, but he has been solid enough.
Also quite funny that there is a decent enough chance we have two blokes named Harry in the AA team this year!

Yeah, Sidebottom was a last minute switch. Had Watson in their originally but I couldn't think of anyone else who has stood out. I might be underrating J.Selwood and Mitchell. NicNat maybe. I might be completely forgetting someone else as well.

Sidebottom has been good though and your 4th best player ahead of Swan and Shaw.

Good job so far, but for my 2 cents Gilbee lucky to be there, has had 2 shockers and 2 good games with 1 of those against Richmond (do you count that), Lake would be better in that spot as has been pretty solid in all the games, not as damaging as last year but defensively very good playing Anthony, Lil Riewoldt, Franklin and Brown and Watson in rather than Gilbee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised to see Pears drop out, had a bit of a shocker against the Eagles.

Surprise performances to this point in the year include Rischitelli, Hill, Simpson, Grundy, Jamar and Wellingham, all having outperformed some of their much more fancied contemporaries. It will be interesting to see which of these players can maintain their form and break into the category of legitimate stars of the competition.

I can't wait until Goddard is #1. It's inevitable.

Keep him up forward, the Saints only went to him 7 times, for 5 goals and couple gimmes that he handed off. Go to him 15-20 times and he'll kick 10+:thumbsu:

Maybe nitpicking but hodge is on a back flank? he had 13 clearances and was dominating the middle he just didn't have any help.
Great to see him with his first full pre season under his belt.

Otherwise really like the list and like hawks time said Mitchell would be borderline top 50 and Roughy no way, when you can't kick goals from 20 out directly in front then NO.
Renouf is probably our best player after Hodge he probably has the biggest job in the comp with next to no help.

Sidebottom shouldn't be in from us, has had 3 serviceable games and one very good one.

Thomas, O'Brien and Swan have been very good for 3-4 weeks.

Shaw has been brilliant for 2/3 games he played.

Huzzah for Jude Bolton getting some appropriate recognition for one of the few times in his outstanding career.

Had he played for a Melbourne team he would be regarded in the same light as many of the top inside midfielders, like Sewell, Mitchell, Watson, Cross, Boyd etc.

Huzzah for Jude Bolton getting some appropriate recognition for one of the few times in his outstanding career.

Had he played for a Melbourne team he would be regarded in the same light as many of the top inside midfielders, like Sewell, Mitchell, Watson, Cross, Boyd etc.
This is true but he was trying to be a bit to pretty early on in his career he now loves getting down and dirty. Great player to watch if you love the grunt workers like I do.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2010 Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back