NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011-2012 College Football Discussion

Big East needs an 18th for basketball anyway so getting a C-USA team makes sense.
Why do you say that?

Its already the largest Conference by a long way. Doesn't really need more. If anything, they need to cull off the lower end teams like DePaul and Providence.
Another sub par team would mean less big name games as they have to accomodate another conference game, so less big OOC battles, and less big games within the conference.

The WAC has finally got their unproffessional butts into gear, and have completed the whole schedule for next year.

Though, it's times like these I feel sorry for some teams.
Nevada have the first week to the season off, so Oregon has more gametime preperation

Then Nevada are
@ Oregon
@ San Jose State
@ Texas Tech
@ Boise State

That is 1 hell of a tough start to your season
1-3 Is best case scenerio from that. 0-4 isn't out of the realms of possibility though with their losses in the offseason

The WAC has finally got their unproffessional butts into gear, and have completed the whole schedule for next year.

Though, it's times like these I feel sorry for some teams.
Nevada have the first week to the season off, so Oregon has more gametime preperation

Then Nevada are
@ Oregon
@ San Jose State
@ Texas Tech
@ Boise State

That is 1 hell of a tough start to your season
1-3 Is best case scenerio from that. 0-4 isn't out of the realms of possibility though with their losses in the offseason

Don't count your chickens before they roost Riggy, many made that mistake last year, and I'm sure Nevada would love to spoil the Broncos party twice. Then again Boise will most likely be looking for revenge.

Don't count your chickens before they roost Riggy, many made that mistake last year, and I'm sure Nevada would love to spoil the Broncos party twice. Then again Boise will most likely be looking for revenge.
Nevada lost their 2 most important weapons on offence.
If they can get near Fresno State and Hawai'i i'll be impressed

Georgia is our only worry for the whole season
get through them, we're in a BCS Bowl game. Heck, 11-1 with our current rep will probably be enough anyway.
ps - I'm 90% certain we'll make a BCS Bowl, and 80% sure we'll lose it.

get on the ducks :D

Should have game 1 covered. :thumbsu:
It's the only 50/50 game on your schedule.
You'll go 10/2 or 9/3
The LSU game will decide.

Pac-12 thinking about playing games on Sunday if there is a lockout.

That's a good idea. Spread the games out for more veiwers, I might suggest

Do
Saturday - 1pm Eastern - SEC
4pm Eastern - MWC
7pm Eastern - Pac 12

Sunday - 1pm Eastern - ACC
4pm Eastern - Big 10
7pm Eastern - Big 12

(the rest of the conferances are irrelevant (Bar Notre Dame) so don't matter - though, next year MWC will be irrelevant again with Big East improving)

Only problem with that is we don't know when the lockout will end/season resume and there's little things involving TV contracts. You can't just at the last second bone someone because the NFL is back and vice-versa. These things take time to sort out. Hell, for all I know it's prohibited in the networks' NFL contracts.

Of course, that's just regions with NFL teams in it and so forth. I wouldn't imagine there is much stopping them putting Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, USC and UCLA games on Sunday. No NFL there.

If they put the SEC on Sunday it would probably out-rate and out-draw the NFL anyway. :eek: I think we'd all rather watch the Gators than the Jags.

If they put the SEC on Sunday it would probably out-rate and out-draw the NFL anyway. :eek: I think we'd all rather watch the Gators than the Jags.
LOL, probably.
Though, I'd rather watch the Jags. Jags are average, and compete from anyone from the Colts to the Raiders.

But the Gators are an upper tier school. I'd hate viewing games like Florida vs Vanderbilt, Florida vs Kentucky, Florida vs this years Georgia, Florida vs Ole Miss, Florida vs Mississippi State. Florida vs (insert the 3 non-Seminal non-conferance games)

It'd take a game of Stanford vs USC 07 proportions to make any of those interesting this season.

note - I know Florida and the 2 Mississippi schools are in differant divisions, I was just using it as an SEC example.

I was just using Florida as an example where the SEC would out-draw the NFL where there's an overlap between the two - there aren't too many areas where there is a power college and NFL team in close proximity to each other. It's not like the Terps are ever going to dethrown the Ravens as Maryland's #1.

In fact, neither are the Redskins. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just using Florida as an example where the SEC would out-draw the NFL where there's an overlap between the two - there aren't too many areas where there is a power college and NFL team in close proximity to each other. It's not like the Terps are ever going to dethrown the Ravens as Maryland's #1.

In fact, neither are the Redskins. :cool:
lol.

What about ummmmmmm
Huskies vs Seahawks?????
ummmmmmmm
Jayhawks vs Chiefs?
ummmmmmmm
Tigers vs Rams??
ummmmmmm, got it
Wolverines vs Lions :) Or do both have to be powerhouses?

Ummm, yeah, oh, Fighting Irish vs Colts?

Seahawks.

Chiefs. Jayhawks are from Kansas, Kansas City is in Missouri. ;)

Tigers aren't from St. Louis which is more of a baseball town anyway.

Michigan most likely.

South Bend isn't that close to Indianapolis either.

Adios Fiesta Bowl? :eek:

Ok, lets go
ACC Championship game - Clemson D Miami (Fl)
Big 12 Champions - Oklahoma
Big East Champions - West Virginia
Big 10 Championship game - Ohio State D Iowa
C-USA Championship game - Houston D East Carolina
MAC Championship game - Northern Illinois D Miami (Oh)
MWC Champions - Boise State
Pac-12 Championship game (if USC eligable) - USC D Stanford
Pac-12 Championship game (if USC not eligable - Stanford D UCLA
SEC Championship game - LSU D South Carolina
SBC Champions - North Texas
WAC Champions - Hawaii

If USC eligable
Fiesta Bowl - Stanford (11-2) D West Virginia (10-2)
Rose Bowl - USC (12-1) D Ohio State (11-2)
Sugar Bowl - South Carolina (11-2) D Notre Dame (11-1)
Orange Bowl - Boise State (12-0) D Clemson (12-1)
BCS National Championship - Oklahoma (13-0) D LSU (13-0)

If USC not eligable
Fiesta Bowl - San Diego State (11-1) D West Virginia (10-2)
Rose Bowl - Ohio State (11-2) D Stanford (12-1)
Sugar Bowl - South Carolina (11-2) D Notre Dame (11-1)
Orange Bowl - Boise State (12-0) D Clemson (12-1)
BCS National Championship - Oklahoma (13-0) D LSU (13-0)

Massachusits to join the MAC in 2012 as a football only member. Which will make the 2012 season have 123 schools (with someone else to join the Sun Belt the year after to make it 124 schools)

Though, I get the impression that all U-Mass, UTSA, Texas State and South Alabama, technically are not FBS schools.
Even though they're in the conferances :S

UTSA are an FCS independent until 2012 and UMass won't be bowl eligible till it plays a full schedule in 2013.

Now that Andy Dalton's been drafted (To the freaking bengals of all teams... Anybody think he'll be starting QB? :D), it's time to jump off the TCU bandwagon.

I think my team this year will be Notre Dame. After watching Rudy, there really is no choice. How do you guys seen them going this season, I've seen Dirty Bird has them down in a loss in the Sugar Bowl.
Is there any chance they can make the championship game?

Has anybody checked out the Notre Dame campus in person, or any other college for that matter, I really want to check some out next time I go to the States.

I think my team this year will be Notre Dame. After watching Rudy, there really is no choice. How do you guys seen them going this season, I've seen Dirty Bird has them down in a loss in the Sugar Bowl.
Is there any chance they can make the championship game?

Notre Dame are an improving team, that will most likely contend next year according to the experts... Don't bother with bowl projections this far out... hopefully they make BCS bowl though, I'm a ND fan too... Got 2 tough games against traditional rivals USC and Stanford, plus Michigan and Michigan St that throw up surprises regularly. Otherwise schedule isn't overly tough, definitely not SEC difficult, but then again not Boise easy either ;) . Should be a good season thought the QB battle will be interesting.

The only way you're making the National Championship game is underfeated and there is less than 2 BCS schools underfeated.

You have Stanford and USC so you wont be going underfeated.

2 losses and it'll be tough, might get in on the BCS scene with the fact that you're Notre Dame, but if you get that far, you're going to have to hope you play a Big East or ACC team, otherwise, you'll probably lose.

The only way you're making the National Championship game is underfeated and there is less than 2 BCS schools underfeated.

You have Stanford and USC so you wont be going underfeated.

2 losses and it'll be tough, might get in on the BCS scene with the fact that you're Notre Dame, but if you get that far, you're going to have to hope you play a Big East or ACC team, otherwise, you'll probably lose.

Notre Dame should get up over USC at South Bend, beat them last year our recruiting class was good and the side is young. Stanford I don't think will be as easy. I think will go 10-2 drop to one of the Michigan teams. Yeah Nationals Championship is a stretch could happen but doubt it. In all honesty would like to see a Boise v Notre Dame Bowl, for promotional reasons, the New Comer versus the Old Guard.

On a side note: good to see Notre Dame puting some real strength to the schedule from 2012 on, miami, oklahoma/texas, alongside michigan (should be back by then), michigan st and USC, Stanford is as tough as most BCS schedules and only probably tougher in SEC perhaps only SEC west

Notre Dame should get up over USC at South Bend, beat them last year our recruiting class was good and the side is young. Stanford I don't think will be as easy. I think will go 10-2 drop to one of the Michigan teams. Yeah Nationals Championship is a stretch could happen but doubt it. In all honesty would like to see a Boise v Notre Dame Bowl, for promotional reasons, the New Comer versus the Old Guard.

On a side note: good to see Notre Dame puting some real strength to the schedule from 2012 on, miami, oklahoma/texas, alongside michigan (should be back by then), michigan st and USC, Stanford is as tough as most BCS schedules and only probably tougher in SEC perhaps only SEC west
Barkley is getting better, and you can never underestimate the USC defence, Notre Dame is improving too. In Indiana? gives you the upper edge, play it in a neutral venue and it'd be a true 50/50 matchup.

As much as I'd like to see Boise State vs Notre Dame, it aint gonna happen. Notre Dame wont go underfeated to get there (I'll say 10-2, maybe 11-1). And even if Boise State can beat Georgia, it'll take a few huge upsets for us to get there.

On your 2012 schedule
Should check out how some of the other teams are at the moment. I'd probably consider Boston College in 2012 to be 1 of the big 3 challenges (along with Oklahoma and USC). While counting Stanford as an easy game for you. But it's still tough, Michigan, Michigan State, Miami (Fl), Oklahoma, USC, Boston College, Navy on the other side of the pond, Purdue on the back of the flight across the Atlantic, very tough, only 2 non-AQ schools, and Navy in Ireland, and BYU are pretty tough.

You'd probably have the toughest strength of schedule in 2012, mainly due to the fact you're not buttering up your schedule with nuff nuffs like most AQ schools.

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back