NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2011-2012 College Football Discussion

The MWC tells TCU to **** off by moving their home game against Boise to Boise.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/25/boise-state-tcu-game-moved-to-boise/

TCU can do nothing because they left the conference and Boise joined.
Dammit, I wanted to prove the doubters wrong by beating them in Texas, now it's a little easier
Just another reason i hope TCU flogs Boise
yeah, that aint gonna happen.
if TCU get within 3 Touchdowns, I'd be a little shocked.

So what have we learnt from the Senior bowl so far

Stanzi and Locker are shit, Kaepernick is now biting on Locker's heels, and might overtake him by the time the draft comes

Kendric Burney is making a rise with Stanzi only doing 2 things in practise, checkdowns, and interceptions to Gurney

Titus Young has rizen drastically from a 2-3rd round pick, and is now looking like a 1st round pick, and the clear #3 WR in the draft, with comparisons to a cross between DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace

USC Center Kris O'Dowl is going quite pathetic

Cameron Jordan's made himself a top 10 pick.

Is no-one else watching the Senior Bowl? The South has absolutely dominated the 1st half. Ponder to Hankerson on the 1st 2 plays results in a TD and then in the second they run Noel Devine (all 5'8" 160lbs of him) at the goalline for 4 plays to score a TD too. 17-0 at the half.

To be fair, we (North) have Jake Locker, and he's stinking it up so badly, he's probably fallen to a 2nd day prospect now

apparently it was National Signing Day today in the US. the top 10 rated high school players are going to these schools ...

#1 DE Jadeveon Clowney, uncommitted (announcing his 14th Feb - South Carolina, Alabama, Clemson)
#2 OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Auburn
#3 WR George Farmer, USC
#4 SS Karlos Williams, Florida State
#5 RB Malcolm Brown, Texas
#6 ATH DeAnthony Thomas, USC
#7 LB Tony Steward, Clemson
#8 LB Curtis Grant, Ohio State
#9 OT La'el Collins, LSU
#10 DE Ray Drew, Georgia

despite recruiting sanctions USC could walk away with three of the top ten recruits.

it doesn't mean a whole lot now obviously, but I did read an article the other day where it went through the top five high school players over the last ten years and how they went in the NFL. generally, the top five makes it to the NFL and has a relatively successful career. Adrian Peterson went alright. :p

USC is taking advantage of the fact that their sanctions have been suspended pending their appeal over the severity of said sanctions. If they lose the appeal, the penalties just get applied for 2012-14 instead of 2011-13. I guess they are trying to stock up on recruits just in case. Heres an article that looks at this further:

apparently it was National Signing Day today in the US. the top 10 rated high school players are going to these schools ...

#1 DE Jadeveon Clowney, uncommitted (announcing his 14th Feb - USC, Alabama, Clemson)
#2 OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Auburn
#3 WR George Farmer, USC
#4 SS Karlos Williams, Florida State
#5 RB Malcolm Brown, Texas
#6 ATH DeAnthony Thomas, USC
#7 LB Tony Steward, Clemson
#8 LB Curtis Grant, Ohio State
#9 OT La'el Collins, LSU
#10 DE Ray Drew, Georgia

despite recruiting sanctions USC could walk away with three of the top ten recruits.

it doesn't mean a whole lot now obviously, but I did read an article the other day where it went through the top five high school players over the last ten years and how they went in the NFL. generally, the top five makes it to the NFL and has a relatively successful career. Adrian Peterson went alright. :p

Clowney's final 3 are Alabama, Clemson and SOUTH CAROLINA, not USC. He comes from South Carolina, so I think he'll go there, but I think Alabama are also a big chance. I read somewhere that Clowney is thought by some to be the best high school player and prospect in the last 10 years. It's gonna be a big decision.

On another note, he wasn't a highly regarded recruit but I really like Justin Worley (from the same area as Clowney) who went to Tennessee. He won the National Player of the Year (Clowney was the Defensive Player of the Year), and reminds me a lot of Sam Bradford. Look out for Worley at Tennessee.

see, news media shouldn't be allowed to call South Carolina USC so as to avoid confusion. :p

will amend my post now.

Clowney's final 3 are Alabama, Clemson and SOUTH CAROLINA, not USC. He comes from South Carolina, so I think he'll go there, but I think Alabama are also a big chance. I read somewhere that Clowney is thought by some to be the best high school player and prospect in the last 10 years. It's gonna be a big decision.

On another note, he wasn't a highly regarded recruit but I really like Justin Worley (from the same area as Clowney) who went to Tennessee. He won the National Player of the Year (Clowney was the Defensive Player of the Year), and reminds me a lot of Sam Bradford. Look out for Worley at Tennessee.

Clemson is in SC as well. My money is on Bama but depends on Clowney, what does he want more to win a championship or a Heisman. I know that some can do both but being the very best college player on a championship team is a hard thing to do, you almost have to be the primary reason they win, ie. Newton

A Heisman is going to be a tough ask for a defensive end to win considering only 1 non QB-or-RB has won it since 1950 (Charles Woodson being that 1 in 1997).

The Heisman is college football's equivalent of the NFL's MVP, there are only a couple of positions that have any chance of winning it.

A Heisman is going to be a tough ask for a defensive end to win considering only 1 non QB-or-RB has won it since 1950 (Charles Woodson being that 1 in 1997).

The Heisman is college football's equivalent of the NFL's MVP, there are only a couple of positions that have any chance of winning it.

I hate how the Heisman is an offensive mvp award...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, early tips for next year?

Being completely unbiased I'm going to say Ducks. :D :p

Seriously I don't think Auburn will . Actually I hope they won't :)

Oklahoma or Alabama.

I so want to see Colorado run the table right now. Be the first team to finish a season 15-0 (13 regular season games due to the Hawai'i rule, then the Pac-12 championship, then a bowl game)

Won't happen, but I'd love to see it.

Also, has any team ever scheduled a conferance opponent as one of their "non-conferance games"?

I see Colorado has scheduled a game with California which isn't a conferance game.

I'll have to say Oklahoma for next year. They just have proven players all over the field and not to mention... depth.

Alabama have experience all over the field except for one position... QB. Although McCarron is coming with rave reviews though.

Oh and watch out for Notre Dame.

Great get by South Carolina. Clowney is gonna be awesome. Good talent on that team now with Clowney, Alshon Jeffrey and Lattimore.

Disregard this post: Too much of a bitch (plus I just checked the future schedules after 2011, I don't think I should be commenting on this subject)

Big East schedule just released. MAC, MWC, SBC and WAC to go before all schedules are complete. Hopefully it's done soon. I want to start my predictions :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

NCAA 2011/12 Regular Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back